Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show only the users' quarantined mail, not the whole tenants + Outlook plug-in/add-on

We have a tenant that includes multiple divisions and has over 17,000 users. Therefore, when a user goes into the quarantine to release a mail they see all of the quarantined messages, not just there's. It would be awesome if it only showed the emails relevant to the user.
    What would be better is if this functionality was added into Outlook so that users could see their quarantine.
    Advanced functionality of this seems to be in demand when looking at the other posts, so if a persons' assistant could also see their Quarantine, then that would be great. Just like…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Como puedo validar el uso del correo (por capacidad) de los usuarios en correos de entrada y salida de forma independiente.

Como puedo validar el uso del correo (por capacidad) de los usuarios en correos de entrada y salida de forma independiente.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Optional multifactor authentication

At this time multifactor authentication can only be enabled/disabled by an admin. If mfa could be set as "optional" users could activate it by themselves.

This would allow a "soft" migration to mfa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. High risk email caused unnecessary concern and gave a wrong link.

I received an email from Microsoft alerting me to "user at risk detected". I had never received an email like this, and was unsure if it was legitimate or not. I logged into the Azure portal (I did not have an Azure account for this client) and then pasted in the link. it did not bring up any information - just the Azure portal menus on the top and sides, and nothing in the main blade that was being displayed.

I wrote to tech support and eventually we figured out how to view the AAD via the Office365 Admin Portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Select admin preferred language for the report message sent from SCC

I would like to select preferred language when sending the report message from Security & Compliance center because currently it can be sent in English only and have to take some time to translate as given the report message to everyone else in the organization. So it would be great if an admin can select the language for the message in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. cannot find out user in SCC ediscovory admin

cannot find out user when we add user in eDiscovery manager with normal search with alias or samaccount name
    from MS reply, we can use only "Display name" to search account in eDiscovery manager.... I cannot understand why only "Display name" in SCC. It should work with Alias/ samaccount name

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Want to know the number of items that matched to specific condition in each folder

It would be great to see how many items would be affected before setting a new retention policy throughout a tenant.
    For example, I want to know the number of received mail items before the past 90 days or more in each folder of each user’s mailbox.
    I think this feature would be easy to check items if we need to check up many users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Correct/Fix the SPF interpretation in Message Headers

In a recent email attempting Phish one of our staff and pretending to come from the CEO I discovered an issue with our SPAM filtering.

Someone had put our domain in the allowed domain list.
    The from address was our domain.
    The reply address was a different domain.
    The Source IP was not in the SPF record.

But becuase the domain was in the allowed list, the header indicates an SPF pass. The header also contains the Forefront SKA analysis indicating where the problem reall is.

In my opinion, the SPF pass is a fail on the message processing. Regardles…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Teardown

To start new

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Trust Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Revert Safe Links to original on reply/forward outside own organization

If you receive a mail where ATP Safe Links rewrite the links in the mail, and then forward or reply to this mail, the rewritten Safe Link will remain. For outside organizations, you might experience that the recipient is confused or worse; that the mail is flagged as suspicious by their mail security gateway. When a Safe Link is sent externally (as part of forward or reply) then the link should revert to its original form and leave the detection to the recipients organization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delist is not working?

please make it work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. eDiscovery Main portal page search box should allow to search for a custodian

On the main portal page of the eDiscovery section there is a search box. This appears to only search the case names. I should be able to locate all the cases that contain "Joe Smith" as a custodian. The only way that you are able to search for cases for now is to chase the inplaceholds attribute in PS and then convert those guids to actual case names:

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add hyperlink locking opening

add a rule to open hyperlink, the user would only be able to open copying the link as a way to contain the malicious links.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Retention reports that actually give relevant information

While we can run content searched to find that items are being archived, etc. we need reports that show us that retention is in place and working. This needs to be something presentable that shows all accounts in each location (hopefully with a current item count or something). Client's ask all the time if retention is setup and working and while I can tell them it is and show them it is setup there is nothing to easily SHOW them is is actively working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. get rid of safe link! I am going to have to get another email account because I can't get redirected from emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get rid of safe link because my personal account, I cannot click on emails and get redirected or open anything! I cannot find anywhere to contact anyone and I have a personal account only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email from a domain with extension .tv is marked as invalid in the spam-delisting form

I can't send emails because my email is flagged as spam, and I can't delist it. please correct.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. spam blocklist

I added .jp to spam blocklist almost five months ago. but still getting spam from kgd@po.bunbun.ne.jp. I opened a ticket with Sherweb. but, they have no idea and asked me to share concerns here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow admins to track two factor usage

Idea 1: User received an unexpected two factor text message. Couldn't find this action in the Office 365 log. Would be good if this was listed/reported somewhere obvious.

Idea 2: Make it easier for users to force the log out of all their sessions as part of their password reset process (the admin action is OK, but would prefer to allow users this option).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office 365 spoofing protection and direct send(NO TLS) cross road is on security leak

On office 365 service, it allows you to use devices that dont have TLS support by "direct send" settings. At this point current security level changes and there is no warning or no current settings display as warning. This is important because if you set a direct send just once, your security level drop down to "no protection" and you have to activate some additional barrages( of course if you aware of this). Even you delete the settings you done for "direct send" your security settings are not set back to SECURE leveland you are unprotected to spoofing without any…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base