Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

How can we improve compliance or protect your users better in Office 365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability for global admins to see partner activity logs within audit reports

A partner has made changes to my account which locked me out of my services and their activity is not showing in any of the audit log reports

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User account getting blocked as SPAM senders while sending marketing mail.

we have centralized mail i.e. all mails going out through our On-Prem servers. it would be great if possible to bypass EOP for centralized organizations through wither send connector or transport rule. Microsoft's systems are not exposed to publicly to send mails

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert whenever a user attempts to send an attachment to an external recipient

With the advent of the EU GDPR we feel it would be useful to be able to alert users if they have included an attachment on an e-mail to an external recipient to ensure that the content of the attachment is appropriate for the recipient i.e. no personal information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement changing expired passwords for Azure AD synced accounts within pass-through authentication.

Actually changing expired passwords for Azure AD synced accounts is only possible wit ADFS, when the user dows not have access to the on-premise AD. Changing to pass-through authentication would have a lot of benefits, e.g. seamless single-sign-on, but this feature would only be possible, when adding expensive Azure AD premium licenses to the users.
    Changing expired passwords for Azure AD synced accounts with pass-through authentication would have a great benefit for users working outside the company network without access to the on-premise AD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unable to obtain complete summary report from DLP web reporting which has been verified by Microsoft Technical support team.

After checking with Microsoft technical support team, it's confirmed that we can't extract complete DLP summary report from the web interface. We can extract the report but the records are not complete for the fields like Policy Type and Policy Rules.

Can you fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When clicking on cancel in outlook 2016 the desktop out you can still look at the user’s i this need to b fixed asap

When clicking on cancel in outlook 2016 desktop after you log out log out of outlook desktop app if you click on cancel up are brrought back to the user’s in box and anyone can open up user’s email.

This needs to be fix now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Management Activity API: ClientIP missing in Teams Event

On the Teams Auditing, I had a missing "ClientIp" in an Event.

Workflow: MicrosoftTeams
    Operation: MemberAdded

I thought this is a required field?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix the service it is down and I am helpless!!!!

Let me shut the thing off when your service is down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please provide user an interface to switch off "Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection" - I am so fed up with it!

Please provide user an interface to switch off "Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection" - I am so fed up with it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. delegation

Scoped delegation in Office 365.

Currently, the delegation options that we can apply in O365 are task based (Billing, Accounts, Administration, etc). But there are no scoped options available. In Exchange Server we can use the management scopes and scope delegation tasks, but similar functions are not available for Office365, Azure AD, Security and Compliance, and other O365 applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow changing of default meeting duration in Outlook 2016 for Mac

Allow changing of default meeting duration in Outlook 2016 for Mac

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ransomware

I want to report the other day A screen appeared in a window which I believe was an attempt at ransomware, It said it was from Microsoft, which I don't believe, it said that my device had a virus and that I should call Microsoft right away. It also warned not to close the page and if I didn't comply they would disable my computer. It said the virus was number 268B3 and I should call Microsoft at 1-888-814-9523. I hope you can find the criminal and take him or her off the cyberspace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Malware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add conditions for Internal Users

Add user groups as a condition in a DLP rule to restrict internal content access to particular groups of users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow EOP rule to delete attachment and still allow original email thru

I want to forward certain emails to Saleforce, but their email size limit is smaller than O365, so I never know the email came in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MDM Password Remote Reset

We are a non profit organization, and need to same money where we can. We like the basic set of features from the included Office 365 MDM. The only feature we need that is missing, is to perform a remote passcode reset on the device. If a user forgets their password, we ultimately have to factory reset the device, and reconfigure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. have a daily SPAM report rather than only weekly or monthly

The current schedule for SPAM report is weekly or monthly. We need it as dialy as well

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want a member of management in your 365 tech. support for businesses to contact me ASAP.....

Hello, I am having some serious issues with 365, Outlook mainly. I am trying to run a crisis business via email and all my Outlook features keep becoming corrupt, no matter how many times I do a complete, fresh install. And the issues are too complex to type within this forum. Therefore, please have a member of technical support management email me ASAP. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a Global Allow / Block List Feature in EoL

I have multiple SPAM policies to handle email differently for certain groups of users BUT would very much like to be able to globally allow or block domains/email. Currently I have to add a domain/email to each individual policy which is prone to human error and wastes time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. End user Spam notification

Currently there is only one option to enable end user spam notification if the message filtered based on content filter. Our environment we want to certain file types like zip and deliver to End user quarantine and there is no option to send user notification based on this.

We are looking for the options to enable filtering based on file types in content filter instead of sender address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base