Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for different NDR when using on premise Exchange with EOP

The current NDR message sent from Office 365 states the mailbox you're trying to reach is hosted by Office 365, even if your only using EOP with on premise Exchange. Our mailboxes aren't hosted by Office 365 and the NDR saying they are creates a problem for us because we have NDA's that prohibit mail from being hosted in the cloud. We're only using EOP as a protection service, not Office 365 mail hosting. A feature that allows for either a custom NDR or one that uses the information from your on premise Exchange server would be a great feature…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exporting search results should be background process

only option to export the search result from ediscovery through browser which occupy large amount of memory during export process. we want the request through power shell and it should be background process

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Biometric support to encrypt/decrypt Excel files

Currently passwords are the only way to encrypt and then decrypt Excel files. Adding Biometric as another option would significantly improve the user experience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suggest creating an incident report when setting test X-headers

When tuning malware and spam filters, there is an option to add an X-header when a message meets a filter, rather than taking action. There is already a tool popup; add a link to an article about creating an advanced incident report, searching on message headers. Note in the tip that this is how one would test this filter.
    Currently, it is not obvious that this is the way to audit this. Was disappointed this was not a feature in mail trace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to map system name to open one drive for critical projects. So only form defined systems one drive can be opened so data will safe.

Ability to map system name to open one drive for critical projects. So only form defined systems one drive can be opened so data will be safe.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A virus has still managed to enter our Exchange Hybrid Server via EOP.

Virus/Malware: TSPY_FAREIT.SMBD
    Endpoint: ExchangeServer1
    Domain: Servers\
    File: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\data\Temp\UnifiedContent\992110b6-f5f6-44d2-ad0b-da61c456cec0 (PaymentcopyInvoice000867423.exe)
    Date/Time: 18/09/2017 09:46:52
    Result: Virus successfully detected, cannot perform the Quarantine action (Please see scan result of infected file: 992110b6-f5f6-44d2-ad0b-da61c456cec0)

Could we include these virus types into EOP detection list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Malware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DLP Detailed Reporting

The current reports of DLP for email module, does not show action taken by sender's manager or whether the email has been successfully (success or failure) sent outside the organization. Without this information, it is difficult to get hold of the offender who is himself/herself a supervisor and have instructed his/her reportees to send the email containing sensitive data. Have already tried message trace option, it did not give desired results since the filters are limited and gives truncated data when doing a historical search.
    We need these two parameters in the DLP report to do a monthly violation analysis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. This is a stupid idea.

Half of my inbox says quarantine this and quarantine that. This is such an ironic system. I really don't get why this stuff is not in a junk tab or somewhere else. The point of having a system to detect unwanted emails should be to prevent it from coming in my inbox. All my inbox consists of it emails forming that I got an unwanted email. I don't feel like i have the ability to take quarantine out of my inbox. ******** system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to remove mailboxes from an E-Discovery query as you can remove OneDrive links.

Be able to remove mailboxes from an E-Discovery query as you can remove OneDrive links. When I have a very long list of terms in an existing query and later they tell me we need that same query for one more mailbox it would be great to do a Save As of the previous query and then remove all the mailboxes and add the one that they need and re-run. This works for OneDrive entries but not for mailboxes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. junkmail filtering

@ outlook team
    why some of microsoft emails (like <Microsoft@e-mail.microsoft.com> are classified as spam by default?
    Microsoft can't bypass his own emails?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. need to add

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail but our request is , we need the report as domain wise + Number of mail sent by users+Number mail received under the same(one) domain.

I have seen the mail trace which not possible to fulfill our request. This very important option for us.

Kindly do the needful soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DLP incident details

when an incident report is generated, we can see the context where the sensitive information was shared (within 300 characters) but the Keywords are not highlighted. It would be very useful if the incident report would also highlight the keywords that helped trigger the DLP rule. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change deleted items retention tag reprocessing to use the date the item is deleted, not start date of mailbox retention tag.

When a mailbox has a message retention policy to automatically delete items after 365 days, and a deleted item retention policy of 30 days, any message older than 30 days does not stay in the deleted items folder for 30 days, but is permanently deleted. Instead of recalculating the deleted item retention by the start date, recalculate the deleted item retention by the date the item was moved to the deleted items folder, plus 30 days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. eDiscovery capability in Exchange Online: A large discrepancy exists between the estimated size and actual size of an in-place eDiscovery s

eDiscovery capability in Exchange Online: A large discrepancy exists between the estimated size and actual size of an in-place eDiscovery search of a users mailbox. The tool consistently estimates a much larger file size than what is actually produced. The conclusion is that the resulting file is missing data. In each case, Premier Support has recommended moving the users mailbox. Ticket numbers: 115102213294077, 115122113516279, 116011513591778

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Office Online Archive - Set exemption for Calendar, Tasks, Flagged item

Once you enable online archive for user mailbox, all items (mails, tasks, calendar, flagged mails, Notes) in mailbox are getting moved to online archive. Once Task, Calendar or flagged items are moved to Online Archive, it doesn't appear in to do list/bar or User doesn't receive any reminder for such tasks.
    Pl provide a filter while creating Archiving policy to exclude such items. If we can apply such a policy to specific users that would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Folder Excludes in Exchange data policies

In classic Policies I could create tags that excluded the Notes and Contacts (and other folders).
    We are migrating legacy users with large buy in to these areas of Outlook/Exchange. The ability to toggle those folders on/off would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. DLP Protection template for GDPR (France)

Hello,

Some default templates for DLP protection do not have associated keywords.
    Example: French identity card (CNI)

https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/office365/securitycompliance/what-the-sensitive-information-types-look-for#france-national-id-card-cni

As a result, all documents containing a string of 12 consecutive digits go up in the DPL console as French identity card numbers.
    For other European countries there is a keyword test, but not for France.
    So I end up with hundreds of false positives.
    It would be nice if developers could check the default templates so that there is no such problem.
    This DLP protection is very important if we want to comply properly with the GDPR.

Best regards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tenant Wide Permission Report across all Site Collections

I would like the ability to run a permission report against the entire tenant where I can check all site collections (and sub-sites) or specific site collections with an option to include or not include list and libraries. I've found PowerShell scripts to run against a single site collection but not the entire tenant. I need Site Collection address, site address, site owner, user login, and the permission granted,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Microsoft and Skype for Business

Teams Microsoft and Skype for Business services the rutilite in Security the community Small Business, preservation and Protection on potencial the client in relation the Enterprise for production quality in conformidade the Marketing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Trust Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base