Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Original, unique and quality content writing, blog, article writing services

Suprams Info Solution has established its name in the field of providing content writing services and responsibilities of content writing for websites blog and articles . Primarily based as content writing company in delhi takes up all. After studying a lot of trends, it knows how to approach all kinds of audience. Website:- https://issuu.com/supramsinfosolution/docs/originaluniqueandquality_conten

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Service Trust Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow E-Discovery for Exchange Online Archiving

We are at the moment in a hybrid scenario where part of our users have their mailboxes on premise and the archives in Office 365. Recently we noticed that we do not have any option for actually exporting the Exchange Online Archive contents to a pst, outside of doing it from Outlook (we are in a Citrix environment and users are located in different countries so that would not be easy).
    It would be great if we had an option to search/export the archive contents for hosted archives.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I get admin rights on my PC: I cant even access this portal and this is my personal PC https://portal.microsoftonline.com/.

Please can someone contact me to help me get admin rights to my personal PC. Cant even log on to this portal and I own office 365?

https://portal.microsoftonline.com/.

can someone please help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto-run queries and auto-save files

Allow specified queries to run at a pre-determined time every day and send an email notification if there are any hits on the word search. And, automatically save an audit file to a specific drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multi-cloud support for Microsoft 365 PAM

Support for non-Office 365 and other cloud service providers through privileged access management in Microsoft 365 (e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics, SAP, Service Now etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Journal unencrypted messages in original format when JournalReportDecryptionEnabled is set to true

Currently when JournalReportDecryptionEnabled is set to true, the archive mailbox gets an unencrypted message with a winmail.dat attachment. The winmail.dat attachment contains the original unencrypted message.
    Instead, it would be much more desirable to simply journal the original message in unencrypted format.
    For FINRA (and possibly other agencies) regulated organizations, this is required so that the journaling provider is able to properly index and search journaled messages.
    This is causing us to have to use a 3rd party product for message encryption and we'd love to be able to keep that all on Office 365 instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced Threat Protection and Safe Links

We had an email with a link that was pointing to web page with multiple link, none of them safe. One of the Phishing URL brought up a spurious Microsoft Office login page. The Safe Link process of ATP failed to stop this email which was delivered as safe. Safe URL scanning should check everything, going as deep as needed to check for possible threats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow deaf and hard of hearing the basic freedom to use Medical device, just like a TTY once was

This was really difficult for me to phrase, but I had to spend about 2 weeks getting the will power to somehow mime my way into getting microsoft 360. I was able to get it bevause I learned that my university's alumni program offers a lifetime email login account which is a paid education @outlook portal.... Finally once I got that set up, now I have to go ahead and do all the implementing and spending hours just trying to keep my head above water... I just need to have a platform where I can freely communicate with the very…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically prompt to install .NET Framework 4.7 when the new eDiscovery Tool is prompted to download

I shouldn't have to have to hunt for a separate installation of .NET 4.7 when our users have to download a new version of eDiscovery. It should automatically install with the tool if not installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Separate area to BLOCK email addresses and domains (not allow it to get to the user, or use transport rule space)

A block list (email addresses and/or domains)
    - which doesn't use up 8K of transport rule memory
    - which BLOCKS it (block should mean BLOCK). Blocking should NOT ALLOW IT TO GET TO THE USER (even if it's their Junk Mail).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. telephone number 2 factor auth

Please list the numbers Microsoft uses to send out the SMS for 2 Factor authentication. I get the code from different numbers and I am not sure if it is possible for someone to create a man in the middle attack and forward the code to my Smartphone. When I know the official Microsoft Numbers maybe it will be more secure?!?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Security-sensitive SMB forum (Drs, lawyers, finance, audit...). Community trust providers need security feature attention ASAP.

Basic legal compliance needs shared by many important specialty community trust providers will not be served, if only votes are used to determine features.

The best of high trust industry providers are of minority size (i.e., professional dr, lawyer, finance, audit, IT security firms). But, this minority serves the vast majority's sensitive needs (both consumer, commercial, and government) with fundamentally important trust at the core of their services.

So if the majority wants secure bank/health/educational/location records - then supporting the shared needs of these high trust minority providers is key to helping solve bigger problems.

For example, a simple process…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Atp(advanced threat protection) can not prevent malwares,phishing mails etc. is there any service which we can inform about these mails.

Atp(advanced threat protection) sometimes can not prevent malwares,phishing mails etc. is there any service which we can inform about these mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ban anyone hacking our emails

If someone is stealing information and/or is attempting to take your ID Card or other personal belongings, and is planning to use it in a malicious manner. Must be contacted and informed by police and principal for disciplinary actions immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hate UserVoice. Is limiting my ability to sign petitions on topics I care about!!

Hate UserVoice. Is limiting my ability to sign petitions on topics I care about!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ensure that the Unified Audit Logs are as up to date as the logs in the office 365 management activity api audit log

There are numerous times when I can see log messages in our SIEM quite a while before they are available via a query of the Unified Audit logs either via the GUI or via PowerShell. While getting the log into my SIEM in timely manner is good (I can trigger alerts based on that) there are many times when I need to grab the raw data from the Unified Audit logs to manipulate it to do things like query the IP address a user logged on from, etc. and then do a GEOIP address lookup of those IP addresses. There…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Best and cheap Content writing company- suprams info solution

Find best Content Writing company - Suprams info solution. We provide services like Content Writing, web writing ,blog writing and Freelancing services that help you to Convince your Audience with a Short, Crisp & Clear Message/ content. who can create super quality and well researched content as per as website requirement. Visit:- https://supramconsulting.wixsite.com/content-writting

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Full digital marketing Support service

Search engine optimizing (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, etc. are some of the few methods are used for the marketing of products or services. So, consulting done by many digital marketing firms will provide you with a vision to carry out these processes systematically. For more query visit:-http://supraminfosolutions.over-blog.com/2019/07/fulldigitalmarketingsupportservice.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow more historical audit log data to be retrieved with the Management API

I used to use Powershell to download data from the Unified Audit log (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/search-the-audit-log-in-security-and-compliance). Powershell allowed me to access audit events up to 3 months old.

I have started to replace Powershell with the Office 365 management API, but I can only go back 7 days with the API. Please give the official API the same data access as Powershell,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Intune Policy based deployment

Policy based deployment which at least encompasses capability to automate deployment of updates. e.g. Granular calendar based control to deploy say deploy all security updates to these specific groups on 21st of every month etc. You may want to use the new Azure AD dynamic grouping, at this time I know nothing about this as it's not rolled out yet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Malware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base