Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop blocking all links in emails from Norway’s #1 airline «Norwegian», impossible to check in etc.!

Stop blocking all links in emails from Norway’s #1 airline «Norwegian», impossible to check in etc.!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to sync SharePoint to more than one local folder.

SharePoint will only sync to one local folder. I have accounting and other data that is generated locally (in a different folder) that I would like to sync to SharePoint. Currently this is not possible

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The activity alerts needs to allow filtering of specific accounts

The activity alerts need to allow the filtering of specific accounts to be monitored for specific actions. Currently, the "user" field only allows filtering users who make the change and not the users account/mailbox has been affected. in this case, it is not possible to monitor high profile mailboxes for any changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. suggestions share me who in be bad all

results drake software to it hack system internet wiless mac need tul ofit

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow us to toggle whether specific end-users may whitelist a quarantined email address.

Allow us to grant end-users permission to whitelist emails that are sent to them but end up quarantined in https://protection.office.com/quarantine. It would be great to be able to allow some users this ability, but not all users. It would also be great to limit them to email sent to them only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want all notifications and alerts emailed to me. I did not see a slection to choose that. I am the sole user of my system.

I want all notifications and alerts emailed to me. I did not see a selection to choose that. I am the sole user of my laptop system and 365 account, email, and all applications. Please contact me to confirm this will occur. 1/18/2018 6:02 pm MST

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like to create an alert when the frequency of the number of emails sent from a user rises by 25%

would like to create an alert when the frequency of the number of emails sent from a user rises by 25% or when the frequency of emails sent out by all users increases by 25%

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Let people actually send emails maybe?

This is . I cannot reply to someone at the MIT Sloan office of admissions, and the de-list feature is a total joke. This is why I use Apple and Linux exclusively and avoid MS like the plague, because even when I don't use your it affects my life in a negative way. Shameful after decades of being in the industry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spam Complaints

I maintain a large email database of corporate IT professionals who frequently change jobs. But their corporate email is maintained. Any emails sent are automatically re-routed to the person who took over their job. So they get emails which they didn't subscribe or opt-in to receive, through no fault on my end. Yet they sometimes report me (incorrectly) as a spammer to Microsoft, without telling me directly, and Microsoft refuses to tell me the email address. But how can I remove this problematic email address, which benefits no one, if Microsoft won't divulge the address?

Microsoft should ask, from the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You are blocking a site I know is not a threat

You are blocking a professional site I know is good. How do I get rid of you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Alerts are broken. They don't work at all and need to be fixed.

Alerts are created but text and emails are never sent. I spoke with Microsoft support on this, and they acknowledged the problem, including the fact that it was broken for them, as well, but did not have any solution or workaround. They suggested I post feedback here in addition to them logging the call on their side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quarantine Preview with no interaction

We are looking at letting our end users begin managing their own quarantined messages. One thing we noticed, that we like much better about management in the Exchange Online Portal, is that when you click to preview the quarantined message in HTML format, you get a warning. This is no longer available in the S&C portal, as well as the message now opens in HTML format rather than text format by default. Could we get that warning back?

To take things one step further, how much trouble would it be to have the message open in a true preview mode,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add -ExcludePurgesFolder parameter to New-ComplianceSearch cmdlet

Inclusion of this parameter would allow for subsequent searches or re-executions to exclude emails that had been moved to the Purges folder as the result of a New-ComplianceSearch action cmdlet with the -PurgeType HardDelete parameter specified. This would make subsequent purge efforts more efficient and allow for greater certainty that the emails had been successfully purged without having to add-mailboxpermissions and check the mailbox manually via Outlook on the web.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. マルウェアを検知したときの通知メールの言語を変更できるようにしたい

マルウェアを検知した際の通知メールの言語は英語と日本語のみと認識しています
    通知メールの言語を英語から日本語に変更できるようにしたいです

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Malware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Conditional Access for EVERY tenant

Conditional Access Policies should be available to EVERY tenant within Azure AD. Not a premium feature for those willing to pony up the big money.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow EOP transport rule backups

I would love to see an option that would allow me to backup a copy of all the EOP rules that I have created for inbound, outbound, spam rules. We are a very large school system so we have a lot of specific rules for domains, IP address ranges and key words.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a list of definitions for the activities that populate in the activities column

Provide a list of definitions for the activities that populate in the activities column of the Audit search under security and compliance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There should be a dedicated mobile app to manage your quarantine and junk mail settings.

Managing quarantined messages from a mobile device is very difficult. The digest message is unusable from the native IOS mail client. visiting the quarantine site from a mobile phone is non functional. There should be a dedicated app where you can easily manage your messages in the quarantine. Ideally there would be an easy interface to also manage your black and white lists.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Due to an internal error, this web page could not be loaded. We recommend that you close this page.

Cannot Open Links From Trusted Emails - Started today!!! Need to disable!!!!
    Error Message:
    Due to an internal error, this web page could not be loaded. We recommend that you close this page.

Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection has encountered an error.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base