Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable tls 1.3 support

please enable tls 1.3 support.
    This will improve rtt times and improve privacy.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stream blur functinality for faces and people

Video content in stream currently cannot be altered in that sense that faces or people can be completely blurred in order to comply with privacy rights. This is a function heavily needed in a big enterprise.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable Customer Lockbox for all O365 services

Customer Lockbox is only available for EXO, SPO and OD4B. Please enable this feature for all O365 services.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make thumbnails private to prevent data leak

Problem:
    The first page of a document is publicly accessible having the link to the thumbnail. The link has an access_token in it and with it, it is even possible to download the whole document. 

To prevent data leak, please leave the thumbnails on the tenant and not on a public accessible "westeurope1-mediap.svc.ms/transform/thumbnail" server with a deeplink to the file.

In the past weeks we learned on the news that simple browser plug-ins can send these links to other servers. So the risk for leaking these links and finally sensitive data is huge.

If it is not possible to leave…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove the Download (or Sync) to Excel link on OneDrive for Business shared folders page

When sharing a folder (publically, within the org, or to specific people) there's a button to sync or download to Excel on my OneDrive page. "No, it couldn't be," I thought. I logged off, followed the share link, and sure enough, it was still there. So I clicked it. Excel bloomed, and I was looking at the folder tree of my ENTIRE OneDrive! Of course, I submitted a ticket, and was told that I should use the "classic version" as this is a "design issue." Sorry, but this is a design PROBLEM. This kind of an issue and the quality…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Anonymise GDPR data in Documents' user comments

Office documents can store user name and email address in comments and changes. I don't think people are generally aware of this and sending word documents among organisations without real legal background sometimes for this data sharing.
    An automatic or optional 'anonymise' function could solve this problem easily. Until this works the users must be informed about this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DO NOT TAMPER WITH MY E MIALS PLEASE. IF NI SEND THEM TO JUNK DO YOUR JOB THERE

DONT WANT YOU TO GET INVOLVED IN MY E MAILS AND THE CONCEPT OF ENCRYTION IS NOT NEEDED FOR ME .
    I A SK YOU TO HOST MY E MIALS AND DONT TAMPER WITH THEM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need better documentation and clarification

The auto save feature went away on excel and word (perhaps others, but I don't use them often and did not notice). After a full hour and ten minutes with help chat, I figured out what happened. This is shameful on Microsofts part, it really is.

When you go into Account> Options> Trust Center> Trust Center Settings> Privacy Options> Privacy Settings all options must be selected yes in the final box 'Connected Experiences" or there is no auto save and who knows what else.

Such a sham, if you want auto save, (one feature of 365 touted as a big…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have several wifi networks-Frontier, Dish Direct-I've tested them ad they lead right my. I contacted the FCC about the wide-band License

HI-I've tried to contact the Gov about this-the FCC took off what they thought was illegal but I cannot see the entire account....I KNOW these are on my device and it's the simplest of fixes I would think? The Comcast debacle took forever to put together and I still think it may be an issue,but they are, well, not good. Any Apache software on my device needs to go-there are so many fraudulent licenses....and I can't do a thing until those wifi providers are off.
    I also see the now-deprecated G+ icon and other Social Media are on several pages…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop asking me to connect my computer to the internet regularly to verify my office 365 account. This is very annoying. You only need once.

Because my account has already been verified when I activate my office 365. It is not necessary to do this time and time again. I do not want to connect my computer to the internet. This is very annoying,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base