Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Content Search report should what has triggered

In Security and Compliance, Content Search, you can view a report or download a report. It should be nice if you could see what keyword of the query caused this document of mail to show up in the results. For example, I have one query that queries on BSN(social security number in the NL) and CV(resumé). When I look at a hit in the report, I don't know what keyword, BSN or CV, triggered this.
    I assume the answer is in this case to create two separate reports but I can imagine that you don't want to build that many…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create standard templates and use them in the Communication tab

All corporate organization has standardized communication which are governed by the corporate communication polices. An ability is required to create standard communication templates and then use them while sending out communications ( Issuance, re-issue, escalation etc)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Legal Hold Notices should not be delete-able after they are sent.

Currently in AED you can delete a legal hold communication after the initial notice is sent. End User receives an error message if they try to acknowledge the deleted notice. Custodians who received the deleted LHC cannot be added to the distribution for a different notice (unless they are released and reactivated which is not a good work around).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Powershell, powershell, powershell...

...if you need more than just the title, you haven't been paying attention to your customer base over the past 6 years.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow E-Discovery for Exchange Online Archiving

We are at the moment in a hybrid scenario where part of our users have their mailboxes on premise and the archives in Office 365. Recently we noticed that we do not have any option for actually exporting the Exchange Online Archive contents to a pst, outside of doing it from Outlook (we are in a Citrix environment and users are located in different countries so that would not be easy).
    It would be great if we had an option to search/export the archive contents for hosted archives.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the sending of a Reissue notice optional instead of automatic when portal content is edited.

In the Advanced e-Discovery module the system is set to automatically send a reissue notice when the portal content is edited. This means the portal content has to be completely edited and ready for viewing in one sitting. That isn't realistic for a complicated hold memo. Sending a reissue notice should always be an option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when i created Search job for mailbox the system was created nonchronological oversize pst files

Hi everyone. I created search job. The mail box had oversize for one pst file, and when i start export, the system created pst files. It is normally because when the pst file has maximum size the system must create new pst file. But newly created files did not create chronologically. Yes. The system exported to me 4 pst files. I check them. For example first pst include from 2015 to 2020 years but noninclude 2017 and 2018 years and second pst file include 2016, 2017, 2019 , 2020 years, and non include other years. Third pst file includes again…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be able to remove mailboxes from an E-Discovery query as you can remove OneDrive links.

Be able to remove mailboxes from an E-Discovery query as you can remove OneDrive links. When I have a very long list of terms in an existing query and later they tell me we need that same query for one more mailbox it would be great to do a Save As of the previous query and then remove all the mailboxes and add the one that they need and re-run. This works for OneDrive entries but not for mailboxes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. eDiscovery export tool should be able to export directly to Sharepoint Online

I was able to use the eDiscovery export tool to download data results directly into Sharepoint Online. However MS has removed that functionality.
    It would be nice to see this restored as opposed to MS suggestions of downloading results to a "local device". I thought by keeping everything in the cloud is a much more efficient way to work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. eDiscovery capability in Exchange Online: A large discrepancy exists between the estimated size and actual size of an in-place eDiscovery s

eDiscovery capability in Exchange Online: A large discrepancy exists between the estimated size and actual size of an in-place eDiscovery search of a users mailbox. The tool consistently estimates a much larger file size than what is actually produced. The conclusion is that the resulting file is missing data. In each case, Premier Support has recommended moving the users mailbox. Ticket numbers: 115102213294077, 115122113516279, 116011513591778

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. is it possible to Content Search using both date and time

It seems that there is no option to search for 'Times', just dates.

This is presuming I have not missed it somewhere, this granularity option when searching I feel would be very beneficial.

Is there a reason its not included?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Content Search and restore emails

The content search needs to be able to included in the 'Recipients and Sender fields" email addresses that don't belong to the O365 domain you are in.

Instead of the convoluted approach that restoring emails is currently, it would be nice if you could restore emails from the Content Search window itself. This would save time and tech hours in downloading the export and restoring one by one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When can we allow data access to the users with Reviewer Role?

The current v2 platform only allows data access to users with the eDiscovery Manager role. The reviewer role does not work as expected and does not grant access to case data.

This is an extreme limitation and is causing us to now look to select an alternative EDRM vendor.

If you could provide an ETA or at least some assurance this issue will be resolved we can continue to invest development time in this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. conditions

The recent change to not allow search queries to be manually typed out in the Keyword box is negatively impacting the ability to run more complex searches in the Compliance Center eDiscovery searches. By only allowing search criteria to be added with Conditions boxes the ability to run more complex searches has been severely reduced. Please roll back this change and allow the researcher to either use the Conditions boxes or to manually write out the query using the searchable email property query language (as was the case for the past several years).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is a straight out lie. You've removed the ability to search a users mailbox and there is no replacment functionality in 'compliance'

Put back the reasonably straightforward tool that allows us to do our jobs and forget about all the useless candy that the 'compliance' center seems to be full of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable/Gray out the de-duplication checkbox for bulk/combined eDiscovery exports

In the eDiscovery portal of the Security & Compliance Center, we create several Searches in a single case, when we select all search tasks to bulk export to one PST file, we will notice a checkbox to let us enable or disable de-duplication. However, for bulk export, de-duplication is enabled by default per product design, the checkbox does not make any difference. Can we gray out/disable the checkbox for bulk export to avoid confusion?

Design:
    • When you export the results of multiple searches, the search queries from all the searches are combined by using OR operators, and then the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I logged in to the 365 Security and Compliance Center and have lost all permissions for content searching and eDiscovery.

I logged in to the 365 Security and Compliance Center and have lost all permissions for content searching and eDiscovery 6-22-2017. All I can see if audit log search. What is Microsoft doing? This is really critical. We need to do FOIA and legal searches as well as phishing email searches. Can someone from Microsoft please help?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove the Asterisk on the new eDiscovery Content Search page for Keyword Parameter

The new eDiscovery Content Search page on Security & Compliance center includes an asterisk next to "Keywords" saying it's a required field. It is NOT a required field and is confusing. Also - the SAVE button on the accounts page is below the bottom of the page, you should move it to next to the X at the top. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally closed it when I meant to save it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Advanced eDiscovery "Select All" in a Review Set

I have recently discovered that clicking "Select All" items in a Review set does not actually select all, until you have scrolled through all the pages of data that you are selecting. This is a "feature" that is not necessary and can cause problems. Please amend the "Select All" function to actually select everything without the necessity to view all the pages of data that are going to be selected.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Process Audio and Video files to make them searchable

Extract text from audio and video files so eDiscovery search can include them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base