Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. eDiscovery Hold Details Need To Sync With EAC Mailbox In-Place Hold Details

Details from eDiscovery Hold in Security & Compliance need to sync with EAC Mailbox In-Place Hold details. In-Place holds count or status is correct but view details it is blank. Need details.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. content search

Allow the discovery tool to communicate with defender on the users pc to allow searching for content keywords in documents and files not saved in folders synced to sharepoint or onedrive.

For instance a bad employee can be saving documents under C:\MyWork\ that have keywords we are looking for.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. eDiscovery KEYWORD HIT statistics

We would like to request that the KEYWORD HIT statistics information be shown as it is for Exchange onPrem in the 'in-place eDiscovery & hold'. Our Lawyers rely on this information. For several of our users we will have to move their mailboxes back to OnPrem Exchange so we can obtain this information.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search historic versions stored in SharePoint Online

When a content search is performed it only returns matches from the current published version of a document stored in SharePoint. It will not return the document if the search term only appears in a older version.

This is quite problematic in a compliance scenario.

Security and compliance centre should provide the option to search historic versions.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want you to be able to specify users outside the organization as search query conditions in content search

Although message tracking reports can be used as search criteria for users outside your organization that you have added to your contacts, it is inconvenient because you can not search for content.
    In addition, I want you to be able to search all users outside the organization at once by searching for content.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to reduce the time it takes to export content search results.

I want to reduce the time it takes to export content search results.

When exporting content search results in the Security & Compliance Center, it takes time if the amount of data to be exported is large, so I want the ability to export in a short time.

コンテンツ検索の結果をエクスポートするのにかかる時間を短縮したい。

セキュリティ & コンプライアンスセンターのコンテンツ検索の結果をエクスポートする際、エクスポートするデータの量が多いと時間がかかるため、短い時間でエクスポートする機能がほしいです。

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Content search is only accessible for global admin - should allow other users access to this excellent feature

Both for eDiscovery and the new Content Search - allow access to search for Users. Although i have added a user to the Discovery Management and eDiscovery Roles they cannot access Content Search unless the have Global Admin Role. This is a very useful tool which should be available to some users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bugfix: Switching from Core eDiscovery to Advanbced eDiscovery broken?

After preparing a case in Core eDiscovery for Advanced eDiscovery, selecting 'Switch to Advanced eDiscovery' opens the Compliance Centre home screen with a ContentOnly=1 tag and does not transfer the case data into Advanced eDiscovery as it should do.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ediscovery

Create eDiscovery hold targeting all users with search criteria.
    Is there a way to target all users in our tenant for an eDiscovery hold action besides individually selecting each account? Is there a 'select all' option for users before specifying the query criteria?
    Microsoft Engineering Team, see the work already discussed at:
    [Case #:21854959] - Need to create eDiscovery targeting all users

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Associating an existing compliance search with a new compliance case

When creating an new compliance case i don't see any options to associate / use an existing compliance search.. Would this be possible via the use of powershell?
    Or is this a feature that would be available in the future??

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Issue with the eDiscovery results

1. Currently when we search for emails in the security and compliance center, there are many duplicate emails showing up. Please fix this issue.

2. When we query in the security and compliance center with the date and time i.e. Emails between yyyy\mm\dd to yyyy\mm\dd it doesn't shows all the emails between the selected dates in the preview or sample preview.
      This is huge concern as we don't want to download the pst and use it because pst is blocked in our environment.

Please add the functionality to show all the emails in the preview itself.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search request on document share with everyone

I would like to educate users about the risks of sharing documents with everyone.
    For that, i would like to know if users have shared documents with everyone from their onedrive or SharePoint Site. Is it possible to create a search request for that?
    allow to find them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. During eDicovery Export, create an SHA-2 hash for the export file

During an eDiscovery Export, please create an SHA-2 hash of the export file and publish it along with the download key. This will enable verification that the download was completely successful and ensure that the exported data wasn't modified after export (possibly before being consumed by another litigation system).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Start indefinite In-Place Hold eDiscovery via PowerShell

As it stands, we can create a mailbox search with indefinite In-Place hold enabled within PowerShell, but we can't actually start the search without opening it in ECP. This limits our ability to automate this process.

Example of what I'm looking for:
    New-MailboxSearch -Name "Example" -SourceMailboxes "John Doe" -InPlaceHoldEnabled $true
    Start-MailboxSearch -Identity "Example"

Not sure if this limitation is intentional, but it is a known issue, given what's said under "Detailed Description" in TechNet. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351245(v=exchg.160).aspx

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. eDiscovery report

Hello,
    Is there a report to get all on hold users for Sharepoint, OneDrive or Exchange?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto-run queries and auto-save files

Allow specified queries to run at a pre-determined time every day and send an email notification if there are any hits on the word search. And, automatically save an audit file to a specific drive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve UI for Preservation Policies

Manually entering Site URLs is tedious and error prone. We need a way to query for URL to produce a list within the UI or possibly externally using PS and importing the resulting list of Sites.

Another possible implementation might be a similar wizard used in Workflow Manager to install and configure (i.e. a intake form that generates PowerShell)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable the option to find emails between one sender and one recepient - ONLY

Hi, I recently had to do a eDiscovery search end export emails that should have contained only emails exchanged between two persons, with no one else in the exchange.

So case when user1 is sender and user2 is only recipient and case when user2 is sender and user1 is only recipient. In each case I wanted to have only them in search results. But it seems to be impossible to perform this query, and I was returned results with others in TO/CC/BCC.

Only way to do this (had MS Premier support work with me on this) is to export search…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Highlight violating Sensitive Type in eDiscovery or content search

A search will highlight discovered keywords, but not Sensitive Types in a search.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to name exchange mailboxes the name of the ediscovery search

When you export PSTs from Office 365 Compliance Center (all mail in one folder in one PST) the name of the mailbox as it appears in Outlook when opened is "Exchange" the name of the mailbox should be the name of the search. This would allow reviewers in Law departments to review multiple PSTs in their Outlook without the confusion of having multiple "Exchange" mailboxes in their left-hand menu.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base