Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Faltan opciones para la realización de búsquedas por contenido

Desde hace varias semanas hemos venido recibiendo en varios buzones de correo mensajes que incluyen un archivo adjunto de tipo "IMG" (imágenes de disco) el cual a su vez contiene archivos ejecutables. Cuando el usuario abre el archivo adjunto, Windows 10 monta la imagen (crea una unidad de disco en el equipo) y muestra el contenido, el cual al ser abierto infecta el equipo y da inicio a una serie de tareas típicas en casos de malware.
    Días después del inicio de estos mensajes entrantes, encontramos que a través de una de las cuentas receptoras se estaban enviando masivamente mensajes…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. data investigation permanent delete of emails

Currently in Data Investigations -- in the evidence tab -- actions. There is an option to delete emails. In the fly-out pane you have these options:
    Delete items from original locations (Preview)

Items you selected will be deleted from where they're currently stored (mailboxes, sites, and so on). Users can still recover these items until the deleted item recovery period expires. Because items in an evidence set are copies of the original items, you'll still see these items in the set after they're deleted from their original locations. Learn more about deleting items
    Selected documents only
    1 items (2…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Where can I find the dates the hold was acknowledged?

Where can I find the dates the hold was acknowledged?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add -ExcludePurgesFolder parameter to New-ComplianceSearch cmdlet

Inclusion of this parameter would allow for subsequent searches or re-executions to exclude emails that had been moved to the Purges folder as the result of a New-ComplianceSearch action cmdlet with the -PurgeType HardDelete parameter specified. This would make subsequent purge efforts more efficient and allow for greater certainty that the emails had been successfully purged without having to add-mailboxpermissions and check the mailbox manually via Outlook on the web.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the ability to display company logo on Legal Hold Memos

Currently any attempt to include a logo gif, jpeg, png file on Legal Hold Notifications results in an error, "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location.” Supporting this ability would make customizing legal hold memos in organizations with multiple brands simpler.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. eDiscovery Search Name Gives Error if Duplicated

If the error message to say - This name has alreaady been used could be amended to say which case it can be located in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a better way of downloading eDiscovery search results.

I have just spent 35 hours downloading 200Gb of data from eDiscovery, this was on a network connection that had 350Mb down.
    Surely there is a better way of doing this in 2019?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for using attachments with legal hold notices.

When creating the legal hold notice, allow for file attachments which can often run to several pages which custodians need to be able to read to understand the true nature of the legal hold they are being included in. The current functionality only allows for the wording to be placed within the original form/template of the notice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Comment function in Review Set

The possibility to comment documents on the same level as they can be tagged would be great and is for us necessary when reviewing a review set and working with various colleagues on the same sets and also for reporting reasons. For now it is only possible to comment on the document itself (with annotate view).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export tool on Compliance search

Export tool on the new compliance search (azure)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Best destination wedding and theme wedding location in lucknow

We are the best Events & Wedding planner in Lucknow with affordable prices Rihansheve N Planner. Fast and Easy. Unique packages. Amenities: Benefits for crews, Fast and easy wedding, Competitive price. With a team of experienced professionals, we make your D-day straight out of a fairy tale. Getting hitched? Get tailored wedding planning services with Dreamzkraft for your needs. by Leading wedding planner. Visit:- http://ideas.mangoblog.org/forums/11442-general/suggestions/38269372-best-destination-wedding-and-theme-wedding-locatio

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for excluding purged email with on-hold

My legal department would like to use on-hold from day 1 on the user but they would like to exclude purged emails (deleted emails that only exist in eDiscovery). In law cases, deleted emails can be a burden (negative for the Company).

So I would like to have an option that we can enable by powershell, (exclude deleted emails).

I guess that this is very different regarding which sector the Company works in. So an option would be great to (deafault off)

We can today do a setting that purges the email after for example 6 months (user can recover…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bugfix: ediscovery is erroring on usernames without mailboxes.

When attempting to search all mailboxes it errors out on 5 local accounts that are not licensed in office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Group Email id (distribution list)

When ever we are creating new email id it should have the option of adding automatically to the particular Group Email id (distribution list) and the option should be available for the normal distribution group.

Option should be available for normal distribution group can be converted to dynamic distribution group?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search emails for PR_ATTR_HIDDEN attribute set to true

A user did not receive and email from another that she knew was sent. I eventually found it in the directory she thought it should have gone to, but it was hidden. The way I found this out was by downloading and running the MFCMAPI tool. MFCMAPI reveals many more attributes than are normally visible – one PRATTRHIDDEN among them. But I very much doubt I would never have found had I not known the exact folder, time, sender & subject of the email. I also found how many emails are hidden in the inbox by running:
    (Get-EXOMailboxFolderStatistics…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. eDiscovery screens that are user friendly for legal.

Legal should just have to pick the user name to put on hold and have check boxes to say put their email, onedrive on hold. They should not have to know the OneDrive URL. Also a check box to put the user's team chat and teams the user is in on hold. For SharePoint let user pick the name of the teamsite to put on hold not have to rely on IT person to provide URLs to legal. Also we recently learned that when a user is on a Hold and their name changes in O365 email and Onedrive, that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow deaf and hard of hearing the basic freedom to use Medical device, just like a TTY once was

This was really difficult for me to phrase, but I had to spend about 2 weeks getting the will power to somehow mime my way into getting microsoft 360. I was able to get it bevause I learned that my university's alumni program offers a lifetime email login account which is a paid education @outlook portal.... Finally once I got that set up, now I have to go ahead and do all the implementing and spending hours just trying to keep my head above water... I just need to have a platform where I can freely communicate with the very…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically prompt to install .NET Framework 4.7 when the new eDiscovery Tool is prompted to download

I shouldn't have to have to hunt for a separate installation of .NET 4.7 when our users have to download a new version of eDiscovery. It should automatically install with the tool if not installed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add periodic Snapshots of Exchange Online to allow restore of active mailboxes

Currently there's no way to restore the entire active mailbox from a specific time. Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base