Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve compliance or protect your users better in Office 365?

Change retention policy functionality for Teams so that it works on teams below 10mb in size

Change retention policy functionality for Teams so that it works on teams below 10mb in size.

As of today, any Team has to be at least 10mb in size for any retention policy to work on that particular team. This is because the Managed Folder Assistant will not run for mailboxes below that size limit. I have yet to understand the reasoning behind this limitation??

For Teams the limitation as described is especially problematic in that the mentioned 10mb size is calculated based solely on the "totalitemsize" property on the team's mailbox. This is a problem, since that value does not reflect very well the amount of activity in any given team, nor the amount of data it contains.
Thus, my suggestion would be that you somehow reconfigure either the rention policy concerning teams - or the MFA itself, so that the size of a Team is calculated in a meaningful manner.
For instance, I'm the owner of a rather old team with quite a bit of user activity (loads of channel messages, some containing images and GIFs), a few files uploaded to the doc. library, etc.; which is still below 10mb in "totalitemsize".

There are other mailbox statistics which might be useful in calculating a more accurate and useful team size, such as "attachmenttabletotalsize" and "bigfunnelindexedsize".

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google