Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve compliance or protect your users better in Office 365?

Fix Advanced Threat Protection Attachment Scan When Email Is Auto-Forwarded

Currently ATP fails to release an attachment (continually displays ATP Scan in Progress in place of actual attachment) when the email with the "stuck" attachment has been auto-forwarded by a user with an Out-of-Office rule in place within the same email domain. Strangely, the email attachment is scanned just fine from the auto-forwarding recipient and can be manually forwarded to any recipient, but if it's auto-forwarded, the attachment stays stuck in an never displays as available. This has been reported to MS Support who attempted a work-around (which failed) Office 365 Ticket #30126-5487056 .

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Moyer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround: Anytime an atp appears stuck (more than 5-10 minutes scanning), forward a copy of the message to yourself and the attachments will magically appear

• Rodney Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having this issue as well. But it is happening randomly to my users. No auto fardward was used. End user received email that was manually forwarded by sender.

• Ricardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem it happens to me with one user of outlook. Some body has been found a solution?

Thanks.

• Satu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is should be fixed soon. Delay the delivery of forwarted messages rule could be the workaround for this now, but hoppefully this can be fix soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone found a way around this issue? The only solution we have come up with short of disabling ATP and dynamic delivery, is to have the user who will be out of office delegate their mailbox instead of auto-forwarding it when OOO.

Feedback and Knowledge Base