Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve compliance or protect your users better in Office 365?

Permissions - allow groups as members

Only users can be assigned as members for permissions which makes difficult to maintain it. We would prefer to have a possibility to assign permissions to groups (the same way as it works in exchange online).

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Slavomir Vesely shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I just added a similar uservoice before i noticed that that one already exists. Let me explain why this Feature is so important:
        If permissions are granted based on individual users instead of Groups, there is a danger that permissions are not being deprovisioned when a user changes his Team, especially when permissions are being managed at so many places as it is at the Moment (O365 Admin Center, Yammer, Security & Compliance Center, Compliance Manager...)

If permissions are granted for a Group, you just have to remove/add the user from that Group, so he loses/gains all the permissions connected to that Group. That would be a huge win for establishing compliance on our System.

Link to my uservoice is https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/34492480-manage-permissions-access-based-on-ad-groups-ins if anyone is interested ;)

• Brenton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In an enterprise environment this capability is very important. Can we please have an update and commitment from Microsoft on this capability.

Feedback and Knowledge Base