Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Sharepoint/OneDrive ALL locations design issue

If we do the following steps in a DLP policy, we are unable to save it:
    • Created a policy for location Sharepoint and Onedrive - added one individual user
    • Saved the policy and closed
    • After sometime reopened the policy and tried to change users to ALL
    • It changed but while saving it prompted with error: Sharepoint "ALL" location cannot be combined with individual location

Uservoice raised from support case#23398173.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restricting copy option and enabling user assigned permission labels for sensitivity labels in SharePoint site

Microsoft has feature restriction for enabling sensitivity labels in SharePoint i.e. user defined permission label will not work and copy can not be restricted it will help us if these feature will be implemented as we have labels with such criteria and it is restricting us for enabling unified labelling for SharePoint

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Information Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ediscovery monthly or customed dates automation report

ediscovery monthly or customed dates automation report

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search emails for PR_ATTR_HIDDEN attribute set to true

A user did not receive and email from another that she knew was sent. I eventually found it in the directory she thought it should have gone to, but it was hidden. The way I found this out was by downloading and running the MFCMAPI tool. MFCMAPI reveals many more attributes than are normally visible – one PRATTRHIDDEN among them. But I very much doubt I would never have found had I not known the exact folder, time, sender & subject of the email. I also found how many emails are hidden in the inbox by running:
    (Get-EXOMailboxFolderStatistics…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Report on the usage and downgrading of Sensitivity Labels when using native Office Apps

Office 365 Sensitivity Labels.
    With AIP we can report on the application and downgrade of labels by end users.
    When using Office 365 Sensitivity Labels with native Apps (i.e. not UL Client), there is no way to report the application and downgrade of labels by end users.
    This is a feature that should be added to Office 365 Sensitivity Labels

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add domian exception for SharePoint and Teams channel in DLP policy settings

Enabling domain as an exception for SharePoint and Teams channel for DLP policy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restore the GUI function for deleting email much like in the data investigation

With the removal of Data Investigation - deleting data spill emails were a fairly simple process via GUI. There are times when you cannot refine the search criteria specifying to targeted emails. Hence when we had the GUI option you were able to select and confirm the targeted email to be deleted, without trying to repeat searches to get the exact emails. Now being forced to use powershell to delete the emails has added an extra step and time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. eDiscovery export tool should be able to export directly to Sharepoint Online

I was able to use the eDiscovery export tool to download data results directly into Sharepoint Online. However MS has removed that functionality.
    It would be nice to see this restored as opposed to MS suggestions of downloading results to a "local device". I thought by keeping everything in the cloud is a much more efficient way to work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Report as Junk should be enforced in some fashion

I must have reported a medical career site that has spammed us mercilessly at least several dozen times. They are unreachable. Don't answer phones, email, etc. Going through the motions to report spam and phishing repeatedly using Outlook's menu command should show some net result that is meaningful. They keep coming through unless blacklisted or filtered manually into spam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quarantine - bring back filter by a specific recipient

In the Quarantine when it was in Exchange Online, you used to be able to filter by a specific recipient.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have the option to not show the block sender button in end user spam notifications

The option to block senders from the end user spam notification is confusing to end users and is not necessary in my opinion.

Users are under the impression if they click block sender from the end user spam notification that they won't see future messages from this sender in their spam notification reports.

This is not the case, it will just ensure that future messages from the sender are quarantined.

In addition, it's not necessary to have the option to block a sender directly from the end user spam notifiation because the sender's message was already blocked.

Blocked senders is…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add alert policy activity on new Alert Policies page for eDiscovery case create, delete and change

The old Alert policy page (https://protection.office.com/managealerts) does not allow adding a group email address as the recipient of the alerts.

The new Alert policy page though allow group email as recipients of alert but it has limited activities. It does not include the creation, deletion and changes for eDiscovery case. It only includes start of Search and export alert but not creation or changes made for an eDiscovery case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Work with industry to whitelist phishing training urls

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/attack-simulation-training-payloads?view=o365-worldwide

It looks like once again all of the URLs you use for the phishing training, Google Chrome (and likely Firefox/others) detect it and warn users that it is a phishing attempt - thus negating the ability for us to utilize the landing page as expected.

You had the same issue with the first Attack Simulator and fixed it - I had hoped you'd have not made the same mistake twice - but it's happening again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. add s/mime (personal certificates) handling without AD

add s/mime (personal certificates) handling without AD. this will help fight spam and phishing

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Malware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I need help right now with my email. I am out of work and I can't access my email because of this.

I need to know how to open my email! I am looking for full time work and now I cannot open my emails because of this! I need help NOW!!!!!!!!!
    512-581-8242

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. URL click detections in a delegated mailbox scenario

Currently, ATP detects URL clicks by both delegate and owner under the owner ID.

i.e. UserA@contoso.com has a mailbox delegated to UserB@contoso.com and UserC@contoso.com. protection.office.com portal does not recognize the delegation when all these users clicks on a malicious URL and apparently detects all three clicks under the owner's ID (UserA@contoso.com).

I understood via the technical support team that this is by design and should definitely be considered fixing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix your Algorithm

Your spam filter already blocks e-mails from trusted customers that use high-security spam filtering. Your algorithm cannot tell the difference between real threats and things that need to go through. We keep having to release e-mails and whitelist domains because your spam filtering, even on a non-aggressive setting, doesn't work properly. We submit samples over and over that are not spam, and it never learns. Now you are going to block things from domains that are whitelisted at our business because YOU think it is malicious? This has already caused multiple interruptions in mail flow because your system flags every…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Co-editing of sensitivity labeled files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    秘密度を付けたファイルの共同編集
    Co-editing of a sensitivity labeled file

■Description(内容):
    ​​秘密度を付けたファイルに対して、共同編集や編集中のユーザー情報を確認できるようにしたい。
    現時点では、秘密度を付けたファイルに対し、管理者権限を付与していても、編集中のユーザーを確認する事が出来ず、業務の効率化に支障が出ている。

特定の管理者だけでも確認が出来れば、より使いやすく、効率の向上も見込めるため、秘密度を付けたファイルの共同編集ならびに、編集中のユーザー確認の機能の実現を希望いたします。

Concerning sensitivity labeled files, I'd like to check which users are editing or coediting them.
    Currently even if we attach admin rights to them, we can not see who is editing them, which curbs our business efficiency.
    It would be more convenient and more efficient if only specified admins can check the editors. So, please add such function as to check which users are editing or coediting sensitivity labeled files.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Terrible to lock most useful audit log features behind most expensive license.

Its rediculous that searching sent/delete emails, are the audits logs NOT available unless you have an E5 license. Small organizations need logs as much as large companies, but we dont shouldnt need enterprise licensing to basically search email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Auditing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base