Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase maximum numbers for Include and Exclude in retention policy

A policy with specific inclusions or exclusions are limited to a maximum number if not applying the policy to All (sites/groups/etc...). For SharePoint, the limit is 100 sites. This limit needs to be increased to support enterprise needs. Many of my clients have thousands of sites (through self-provisioning and/or migration) so a limit of 100 sites for a policy prevents appropriate adoption of the capability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Does the single PST file with size of 50 gb fails in import pst job

Im performing the migration using azcopy and network upload method to import the pst files to office365.

What is the chances of success / failure if single file is of around 40- 50 gb?

Kindly suggest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Identify which items have been triggered in Event Based Retention

We need the ability to identify which records in a SharePoint library (containing all records that have a specific category of event based retention label) have previously been triggered by an event, and which ones are still waiting to be triggered by an event. According to the response to a support ticket logged with Microsoft Support, there is currently no way to identify whether a record has been triggered and is counting down its retention duration or not, until the record eventually reaches the end of the countdown and goes to disposition review. Seeing as the records in our SharePoint…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Retention Policy - SharePoint - Allow Site Deletion

With SharePoint protected by a retention policy users are not able to delete sites. We should be allowed to delete sites, yet content should remain discoverable via eDiscovery. For instance, I have a Team Site I no longer need and want to remove from my view. Or I created a test site to explain how to do something and I can't get it to go away. Modifying the retention policy to exclude sites to allow deletion is not a useful solution. Please fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Microsoft 365"<sender@contoso.com>

Microsoft Connections email marketing 48

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PST Network upload provide better reporting after analysis phase completes

Often when collecting PST files from users during mergers, we have multiple users who have PST files with the same name that get uploaded into subfolders in the Azure upload area. However, if the PST file is corrupt, there's no way to see which account or the full Azure URI associated with the corrupt PST file, only the filename. You are storing that information somewhere (I'm guessing there is an Ingestion Table somewhere based on the audit log entries associated with the imports that the GUI kicks off) because it shows in the report you can download once the migration…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Record status: Locked in SharePoint (lock icon) not synced in OneDrive (no lock icon)

When applying a retention label with record status locked to a document in SharePoint (lock icon displayed) and opening this document in the synched OneDrive file explorer (no lock icon displayed), it first will show AutoSave enabled and only after some time state “Upload Failed” and turn off AutoSave. If I now edit the document and close it, I can choose to save the changes to this document. Now OneDrive cannot sync the local edited file with SharePoint and the status is permanently showing the “Processing changes” icon. In case the record status of this document is now at some…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retention Policy All Button

Ran into an issue today where I had been testing out a Teams chat retention policy on one particular test user. I was done testing, so I went into where the user was selected and clicked "clear all" and done. Unfortunately, this defaulted to apply the retention policy to ALL users. We lost data for all 1:1 chats in Teams. I should have been more careful with changes like this, but I missed entirely that the retention policy was now applied to all users after I cleared the selected user. This could have been avoided if there were three main…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a new permission roles to manage Records Management

The new Records Management feature is great but it would be great to have 2 new permission roles that we can use to assign to some users without giving them access to configure the entire Compliance centre. The roles are: Records Manager - who can manage and administer the Records Management configurations and Disposition Manager - who can manage or approve any record/files that has been marked for disposal, but not able to manage the configurations set in the Records Management file plan.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically remove deleted auto-applied labels from documents

Auto-applied retention label, and the policy, was deleted, but the label is not going away for the records that were auto-tagged by this policy.

For example, we created a new label, assigned a policy that would auto-apply the label based on keywords in the documents of the library. Then we deleted the policy and the label, but the document's retention label didn't disappear. We have waited 7+ days just to be safe, but the label on the record is still there. Is this the intended design? (We opened a ticket with Microsoft and they've confirmed this is the case -…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Identify folder container for emails from Content Search result

Let content search show the folder where an email is residing so that we'll know if email is deleted or not, and not have to export it to know the folder container.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatic deletion of search results for GDPR requests

We need the ability to Automatically delete the data that was found in a content search for GDPR requests. We currently have to review the report of what was found and then manually delete the data across the entire O365 suite of products. Its a pain and time consuming. There should be a "DELETE SEARCH RESULTS ACROSS O365" button in Security & Compliance Center.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Configure available labels at the library/folder level

After publishing a list of labels to SharePoint sites, we should be able to define which labels are available at the library level (or folders).

It would be easier for end users to select a label from a list that make sense with the type of content in a specific library or folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. dhiod,frlc,ndn

sjd,gmcfmvdmcvmnfxb v

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Include comments in the audit log

In Records Manager we can Extend Retention and provide a comment. The ExtendRetention event is captured in the Audit Log but unfortunately the Comment is not. In fact, we're not sure where the comment goes but at least it should be in the Audit log for this event.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable Information Barrier feature on all education licenses for use in Scoped Directory Search on Teams

Is it possible to enable the Information Barrier Feature on all educational licenses? I can't regulate who my students are chatting with and they are starting inappropriate group chats with each other. Scoped Directory Search would solve this problem but the New-InformationBarrierPolicy cmdlet is not available with an A1 education license, only A5 and E5 have this feature available. This would be extremely beneficial in helping our school to move forward with remote education through the Teams. We are a small district and cannot afford the upgraded the licensing for our user base in order to enable this one feature.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Warning Pop-up when creating automated policies when labels are not published

There should be an informative note in the S&C center, that would pop up when you would want to Auto-Apply labels, simply stating “Please note that you need to have a Label Published to the desired locations, in order for the auto apply to work.

Applying a label automatically that is not published to that specific site is unsupported and leads to unexpected behaviour

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow duration of Retention label to be changed when the retention is based on when the label is applied

When a retention label duration is based on the date the label is applied, the retention period may not be changed. It can be changed if the Created or last modified is chosen. This is impacting our ability to use the retention policies as they need to be active from the date of application with the capability to change duration in the future.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show Shared Mailbox archives in the Records Management dashboard

In the Archive section of the dashboard, it currently only shows users who have archives in place. Can we also add shared mailboxes into this same view?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set the retention policy with certain parameter in bulk

It would be great if we could set or remove the retention policy in bulk for mailboxes such as shared mailboxes or resource mailboxes which contains certain parameter. When setting the retention policy by GUI, we currently have to select only Add or Remove for individual retention items.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base