Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

How can we improve compliance or protect your users better in Office 365?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer "Save to OneDrive" when Exporting Content Search PST

When you finish a Content Search across mailboxes in your tenant, and click "Download results", this by default saves the PST to a local file on your PC where the export is running. It would be very beneficial is there was an option to "save results to onedrive" and let administrators choose a location on OneDrive to save the PST file to.

My process currently is the following (and we are an online only tenant):
    1. Run content search for a variety or reasons across all mailboxes (5000+)
    2. Search finishes, and click "download results"
    3. Enter the key and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  eDiscovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. EMS Suite Licensing should be free for Government Tenants

Government IT shops are an entirely different beast than from your typical commercial customer.

An IT shop can range in size from 2-3 staff for a small city or 100s or 1,000s for a large city/county/state. Regardless of size in terms of staff or budget, ALL of us have an identical regulatory responsibility.

Protecting critical infrastructure and services our citizens depend on isn't an optional activity. Why are the necessary tools contained in the EMS licensing suites not made available to Government entities free of charge? These are critical tools which must be utilized in order to best protect the…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Export of folders for user instead of search in Security and Compliance.

Allow Export of folders for user instead of search in Security and Compliance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When using Sharepoint lists, sync'd through OneDrive on Mac, ALL deleted items go into Trash

When using Sharepoint lists, sync'd through OneDrive on a Mac, ALL deleted items, no matter what the permission level in SharePoint, are sync'd to all user's local Mac Trash bins. This causes potential compliance breaches with users being able to access confidential information. According to MS support this is a 'feature' and cannot be disabled. I suggest that there be an option to disable this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Compliance Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. to get a detailed message trace with over 3000 messages included

currently, it says:
    If your message trace results exceed 3000 messages for a detailed report, it will be truncated to the first 3000 messages. If you do not see all the results that you need, we recommend that break your search out into multiple queries.

but we find the report can only include details of 1000 messages. In fact, for sales department, users will send or receive nearly 1000 emails. Then, it will be quite difficult for we IT staff to check if mail flow is healthy or not (delay issue) within the whole month. We should be able to…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Trace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Home/Review/Resolved items tabs in Supervision

The Home / Review / Resolved items tabs in the Supervision section of Security and Compliance are non-functional. The mouse pointer changes over them like it's a link to that section, but clicking on it, in any browser, does nothing. These links need to be fixed. I tried to work with support on this and they sent me here to suggest that something is clearly broken be fixed as an "improvement" in the interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. plugin report message on mobile device (iOS and android)

Develop the mobile plugin Report Message for outlook mobile in order to allow reports from mobile devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search all versions in SharePoint

We should be able to search in SharePoint online and have all the versions of a document be searched at once.

Why have versioning as a feature if you can't actually utilize search to find information in those versions quickly?

This is a pretty common content creation, legal, compliance related request.

SharePoint will not return the document if the search term only appears in a older version. It happens a lot that people (especially collaborating together) create several versions, and need to search on a specific term they remember in one of the earlier versions.

Microsoft shouldn't really offer versioning…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability for customers to initiate encrypted email to us via a link in the signature line

We currently use ShareFile and have an upload icon in our signature line. This allows the client to send us encrypted files using the "File Drop" feature by pulling up any previously sent emails by our company. I would really love to see the ability to have the client click the Upload icon in our signature line and be able to initiate an encrypted email back to us using O365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. my personal opinion to data protection

you have to make like 6 key, (GM=GL policy) and you have ring create 3 way= 1+2/2+3/3+1 this user people (company privacy 1+2+3)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Message Encryption & Rights Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dynamic scoping rules for Teams DLP

ability to create scoping rules to include Teams in a DLP policy based upon name or external share state.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add other file types to Password Protected File rule

Currently, the transport rule to block and or quarantine any password-protected file only works for Office documents and .zip files. Could Microsoft add support for PDFs and other archive file types as well?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DLP & Transport Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is there any way to enlarge the widget for 'Origin of threats' - it's the tiniest of heat-maps. I'd love to see it full-screen

The origin of threats widget is so tiny - as to be nearly useless. It's a fascinating look at detected threat origination - but the widget is so tiny, I'd love to be able to pull up a full-screen view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There should be a way to setup an Alert that triggers when any Alerts Policies are edited, enabled or disabled.

There should be a way to setup an Alert that triggers when any alerts are edited! Including the action to disable an alert. I believe without this ability to monitor Alert Policy changes there's no point in having alerts for malicious or ill intended configuration changes as the wrong doer can simply disable the alert before carrying out there bad behaviour and simply re-enable afterwards with no one any the wiser!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Advanced Security Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include Category in meeting request

When working with a team, where everyone shares the same categories in their (work-)calendars, it would be tremendously useful to share the category of a meeting request with everyone invited to that meeting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ATP impersonation safety tips Customization with different color highlitenment

ATP impersonation safety tips Customization option must be enabled with different color preferably RED, so that the users who receive the email will beaware that the email is not genuine/phish/spam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Spam & Phishing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I have several wifi networks-Frontier, Dish Direct-I've tested them ad they lead right my. I contacted the FCC about the wide-band License

HI-I've tried to contact the Gov about this-the FCC took off what they thought was illegal but I cannot see the entire account....I KNOW these are on my device and it's the simplest of fixes I would think? The Comcast debacle took forever to put together and I still think it may be an issue,but they are, well, not good. Any Apache software on my device needs to go-there are so many fraudulent licenses....and I can't do a thing until those wifi providers are off.
    I also see the now-deprecated G+ icon and other Social Media are on several pages…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to turn off or disable the quarantine filter.

I utilize AppRiver to Filter my Mail
    I see no reason that I cannot disable this even through a transport rule.
    We need the ability to turn off this filtering.
    Otherwise, I am maintaining two email filters which are double the effort.

Please and thank you !

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 82 83
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base