Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support bundling large numbers of keywords as part of and/or conditions inside sensitive info types

Sensitive Info types used by CC, should offer more flexibility so that we can bundle all phrases associated with a certain behavior in one SI type. For example a collusion SI type might have several hundred combinations like the phrase "Keep this" with supporting phrase "between us" OR "Won't" with supporting phrase "tell anyone", etc. etc. etc. Currently SI types only let you use one primary phrase or set of phrases in combination with one or more supporting phrases. The alternative for us is to create thousands of SI types and you can only add 20 per CC policy.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Communication Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow using Communication Compliance Without Exchange Online

I would like to use the Communication Compliance policy and review tool but we do not use Exchange Online. According to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/communication-compliance-feature-reference?view=o365-worldwide#reviewers "...All reviewers must have mailboxes hosted on Exchange Online..." I would like to have this changed. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Communication Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow option to exclude swear words being transcribed from Microsoft Teams voicemail messages

Microsoft Teams recently transcribed a voicemail misinterpreting normal and harmless words into swear words which were offensive.

Please create an option for Teams Admins to choose whether or not to allow these words to be transcribed OR replace them with stars eg **** or with [blocked] so it is less offensive. By default, the setting should disable transcription of swear words.

Being a predominantly work-based program, it's highly unlikely someone should need the swear words to be transcribed under any circumstance anyway.

One scenario this would benefit is: One company leaving a voicemail for another company or important customer and…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search for Teams chat data for on-premises users

Microsoft has published an article explaining how to search for Teams chat history in the web UI when in an Exchange Server Hybrid environment. This article indicates PowerShell can be used to perform the search but that it is also possible to search from the web admin center if you open a case with Microsoft to have this provisioned into your tenant.

The article can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/search-cloud-based-mailboxes-for-on-premises-users?view=o365-worldwide

I opened a case to add this to a client tenant and Microsoft support is not yet able to do this. Please enable Microsoft support teams to deploy this feature as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communication Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You have considered a webpage webinar sign-up link originated by Assistant Secretary Hunter Kurtz <assistantsecretarypih@pih.hud.gov> as a

The threat is a U. S. HUD line to an important webinar originated by
    Assistant Secretary Hunter Kurtz <assistantsecretarypih@pih.hud.gov>.

Please check your files to avoid this sort of threat id.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Communication Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Idea: Make your autoresponder actually respond

I have been struggling to get my auto-responder set up on Office 365,. I've sent several tests and it finally works BUT it ONLY works on my Google account. I've sent several emails from other Outlooks accounts and from a Yahoo account aaaaaaand nothin, no auto response. How are my clients to know I'm on it if your auto-responder is ? I dumped Google email you you guys because I live in Seattle and I'm trying to support the home team but come on man! WTF? Where's my auto-response? I've a;ready embarrassed myself with my girl when I was sure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. School Compliance Settings

I would like to see a canned solution for school compliance that we can basically turn on. I dont want to have to build it from the ground up. We currently use Bark for schools but I feel this would be a great add on or possible replacement if it was plug and play and monitor..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Approved Third Party Software

Who can I talk to about adding a new third party provider to the "Archive data with a third-party" list?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. S-MIME signed Mails

S-MIME signed mails were wrapped as attachment if the "external mail disclamer" should be inserted. If the option is set to "ignored", it works but It is unclear what else is a reason to fall into this category...
    This dump down implementation kills the advantage of signed mails and make them potentially more unsecure then a "normal" mail...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Communication Compliance Free for Education

In the UK, schools have to safeguard children by law. Office 365 has been providing a useful tool in Supervision as part of Office 365 under the free licence to UK schools. However this is now been replaced by Communication Compliance which is under a E5/A5 licence level. Making it restricted to those schools who can afford to pay extra for the feature. When Microsoft are trying to push the use of Office 365 in education, I find this a barrier and one which could start to limit our use of Office 365 in future if we can't find a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Upload and Revision of Sender List within Communication Compliance Portal

Number of senders is too limited (i.e. 20) to effectively exclude messages. It would be helpful if a 'Sender List' can be uploaded and revised with Communication Compliance Portal (similar to the dictionary/lexicon)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Near Duplicates and/or the Exact Duplicates controls NOT displayed in the remediation action toolbar

Near Duplicates and/or the Exact Duplicates controls NOT displayed in the remediation action toolbar. This is inconsistent with the manual.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. not seeing channel or private channel names in communication compliance policy results

Not able to see Channel or Private Channel names or pchat group names in results. It makes it extremely difficult to distinguish where the results are from. Even between chat and channel is difficult - the only way to know is looking at the recipient name. It would be great if there were columns for TEAM Name, Channel Name, Private Channel Name, and pchat group name, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make supervision policy available for Business subscriptions

We would like to have an option to have the supervision policy for users with Business subscriptions. Even an add-on for Business premium subscription would be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    feedback taken  ·  0 comments  ·  Communication Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix Supervision add-in (Supervisory Review v2) for Webmail

The Supervisory add in within webmail is broken since the latest updates were done. The add-in was a really good feature that allowed compliance admins to perform supervision via webmail in case there are more then one supervision rules. The outlook version doesn't work better then the webmail version as it requires to create a new profile per supervision rule. Doesnt suit in case an organization has many supervision rules. Would really hope if this could be fixed soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Supervision Policies

Make Supervision Policies a standard feature for Education A1 subscriptions. I think this would be a unique and powerful selling point for Office 365 in schools, especially with the latest Offensive Language intelligent filter

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use message header properties in email supervision policies

I would like to exclude bulk mail from email supervision policies. Would it be possible to use some properties in the email header for policy conditions? In our initial testing, we're getting a large amount of newsletters and other bulk content.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow "or" logic in creating policies for email supervision

Current logic in supervision policies is "and" logic. If you add more than one condition, all must be met. This means searching emails for a list of terms requires 2 policies - one for the message body and one for attachments. If looking for a specific list of works/phrases, it would make sense to look in BOTH locations - which requires OR logic as currently set.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base