Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Security & Compliance

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Security (Protection) & Compliance UserVoice forum. We’re happy you’re here! If you have suggestions or ideas on how to improve Security or Compliance related features in O365, we’d love to hear them!

How it works
◾Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
◾If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
◾Include one suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve these features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the O365 Community for the product or feature you are having issues with, or open a support ticket through your Office 365 administrator portal.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't report in real-time reports mail in quarantine or allow me to exclude from report

The new Real-time reports shows a chart of top emails reported as phish. But it's showing those already blocked and are only send to quarantine. I don't care about email already in quarantine - I only care about email that either went to inbox or went to junk as the user sees these. Why can't I uncheck "blocked" from status so I don't see these in the reports and see only the ones I may need to take action on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow send report email to distribution groups instead of individual users.

Reports in Security and Compliance portal can be sent to individual users only. Distribution groups cannot be selected as recipients. Using groups would be a much easier solution for all admins

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Report of emails/meetings sent and received by domain with item counts over time

This report has been requested by our business to understand which organisations it communicates with.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Summary / Total Numbers in Reports

I think having a summary report for a given report time period would be useful.

Right now, the reports show a day-by-day or week-by-week chart, but I would like to have a "total #" available as well. Otherwise, I need to export to Excel and add them, or even worse, tabulate by habd.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Report for Top Recipents in a specific mailbox

A report that shows me the top recipents (from) of specifc mailboxes.

We already have a report that show what mailbox receives/sends more messages, but I can't get more details and see how sends more messages to that specific mailbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Status of exporting search results

Exporting search results from the Security & Compliance Center has the following limits:
    - You can export a maximum of 2 TB of data from a single Content Search.
    - Your organization can export a maximum of 2 TB of data during a single day.
    - You can have a maximum of 10 exports running at the same time within your organization.
    -A single user can run a maximum of three exports at the same time.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/export-search-results#export-limits

It's convenient if we can get the status of exporting search results.
    ex. the number of running export request
    the size of exported…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. mailredirect alerts need to include the target of the change

The mailredirect alerts indicate the user that was used to make a change, but not the target mailbox that was modified. We use a single account to make many automated changes via powershell, and so we receive hundreds of these alerts that all identical because they don't include the necessary information. Including information on the Target Object/Mailbox would allow for much better alerts. We called support and it took support more than a week, working with engineers to realize that the user specified in the alert was not the user being modified.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To be able to generate/export an Executive Report for Clean, Spam, Phishing and Malware Emails

To be able to generate/export an Executive Report for Clean, Spam, Phishing and Malware Emails

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Get-O365ClientOSReport only give data upto 18-Jun-16. How i get data upto yesterday

Connected office 365 using url https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/
    and try to fetch the data using "Get-O365ClientOSReport" Command

but it not giving this month data

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unablt to install the MailprotectionReport_V2_en64.msi as we have only Excel 2010 & 2016 , and it only work with excel 2013

Funny thing Microsoft is pushing the latest version of Office 365 but it is not compatible the above mentioned

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Segregation of roles for enterprise companies. Allow local market security teams to have separate logins to view their own local user data.

Segregation of roles for enterprise companies. Allow local market security teams to have separate logins to view their own local user data. As a global operator we want local security teams to view their local user data without seeing the data of other markets. The current RBAC model doesn't support this. It would further be useful to behave like the Symantec tool where you can target data reports by AzureAD groups. For example Italy security team login and only see data for Italian user Azure AD group.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability for global admins to see partner activity logs within audit reports

A partner has made changes to my account which locked me out of my services and their activity is not showing in any of the audit log reports

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to filter real-time reports by the custom anti-phishing policy so that we can see the amount and which emails are impacted.

This report is within Security and Compliance>Threat Management.

It currently only shows the technology, the protection policy is listed as a code which is impossible to decipher. There is no way to tell if it as result of a custom anti-phishing policy. It only implies the technology.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. License report

Create license reports per O365 subscription. example: E1, E3, Project Online, Visio, Power BI, E5, etc? with end user login, UPN, Country, purchase date, last usage date.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is there any way to enlarge the widget for 'Origin of threats' - it's the tiniest of heat-maps. I'd love to see it full-screen

The origin of threats widget is so tiny - as to be nearly useless. It's a fascinating look at detected threat origination - but the widget is so tiny, I'd love to be able to pull up a full-screen view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggest creating an incident report when setting test X-headers

When tuning malware and spam filters, there is an option to add an X-header when a message meets a filter, rather than taking action. There is already a tool popup; add a link to an article about creating an advanced incident report, searching on message headers. Note in the tip that this is how one would test this filter.
    Currently, it is not obvious that this is the way to audit this. Was disappointed this was not a feature in mail trace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. need to add

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your mail but our request is , we need the report as domain wise + Number of mail sent by users+Number mail received under the same(one) domain.

I have seen the mail trace which not possible to fulfill our request. This very important option for us.

Kindly do the needful soon.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow admins to export the findings from all O365 Security Centre Dashboard Reports (including associated user names) so they can be tracked

Currently, there is no ability to export the associated user names from ANY of the security dashboards on O365 Security Center.

If your development team can take this feedback and add that feature, that will be very helpful.

The reason is that unless I am able to export the names of users involved in any potential security finding (such as users having SMPT auth, users with malware detected, users targeted with fishing attacks etc.), it is difficult to track the remediation, follow up conversation etc. for those cases.

Hence I request – ALL the dashboards on O365 should have the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the data on TLS-Deprecation-Report.csv to be accurate

I would like the TLS deprecation report to show accurate data when downloading it from Service Trust Portal, because it contains a lot of data for non-impacted devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base