Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Group objects on a Whiteboard

Add the ability to group selected objects on a Whiteboard, especially when adding images, sticky notes to a Table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To allow contact to be added in Office 365 Group

Once remove the user from active user list and add this user as contact then unable to add this contact in office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add the name of the group to the alert about group creation

If you set an alert via the security centre to be alerted upon group creation a couple of things could be improved. Firstly the alert isn't immediate or even within an hour. It seems to be upwards of 2-3 hours before you are notified. Secondly, when the alert comes through it doesn't say that the name of the group is.

We set an alert hoping to quickly intercept any inappropriate names. You can find the name if you view the audit logs to see if the creating user added any files.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reinstate PPT handouts print function

PLEASE, for the love of all things holy, reinstate the "Print slide numbers on handouts" function. I would like to be able to see slide numbers on the handouts without having them in my actual ppt presentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need to put a personalized message when I disable a user ...

I need to put a personalized message when I disable a user so that when emails continue to arrive to that user are answered with a message explaining to the sender that he should forward his message to another email address

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create New SP Admin Role

Currently there is a significant gap between SharePoint Administrator role and the Exchange Administrator role. It would be helpful to have a role between the two to allow an admin to not only create new SP sites, but also create O365 groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Groups created in Office 365 applications (Teams, Planner, Project, etc.) are automatically brought under the exchange / GAL.

Groups created in Office 365 applications (Teams, Planner, Project, etc.) are automatically brought under the exchange / GAL. These groups should not appear in the adddressbook list. This sarun guess is corrected in the "teams" application but continues in other applications. It's a big problem. Should be resolved as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. group calendar web part

When inserting a picture in a meeting request, the picture doesn't show up in the SharePoint web part.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Quota of Site Collection for Office 365 group “File” would be set beforehand

I think it would be more convenient if admins could set the quota of Site Collection for Office 365 group “File” before users start to use it.
    Incidentally, one of URLs for Office 365 group Site Collections could not be obtained by “Get-UnifiedGroup” for some reason. The behavior should be more stable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. La aplicacion para Android, Windows Phone y Planner deberian tomar la politica de Owa de no permitir creacion de grupos

Se evidencia que las aplicaciones diferentes a OWA permiten la creación de grupos aun cuando se aplica la política de no creación de grupos por parte de usuarios desde powershell

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Best Brides - Meet Asian Women

Asia is a best place of real beauty. The term “Match Perfect Mail” suggests that if you specify your standards for your excellent match, you can search an online dating site, find your perfect partner and bring her home! But if you want to increase your odds for true pleasure, you’ll need to take a lot more time and energy to get to know a partner and make informed choices about this very important decision. This is what dating is all about. Love and marriage is the most important and emotional decision in life. A person can compromise in his/her…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically remove the personal e-mail signature when sending a message from an Office 365 group

It would be nice if when a user clicks the "from" field and changes it to an Office 365 e-mail address the personal e-mail signature was automatically removed from the message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. How to migrate EML files into MBOX?

I have many EML files and want to migrate all of these files into MBOX format. But don't have any idea how to migrate all these files at the same time. If anyone has any idea how to convert EML to MBOX format, please share.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Files tab to show all the library contents

Whilst the addition of attachments to the files tab is a very good idea the removal of anything else in the group's document library is not particularly helpful. I like to post links into the library - I'd far rather that files showed everything in the library plus mail attachments, Ideally you could configure this so those who want the current experience could say "just true files" etc. to keep everyone happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please restore the ability to Drag and Copy Items in the Outlook Calendar Search List View. For some reason you cannot do this anymore.

Please restore the ability to Drag and Copy Items in the Outlook Calendar Search List View. For some reason you cannot do this anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do not send tasks or updates as meeting requests in Groups

I wanted to add tasks and or updates in my calendar. When I added the items it automatically went to the group as a meeting request- which was not the purpose of me putting the items into my calendar. Is there a way to stop Groups for disseminating an item or task as a meeting request. It really takes away from allowing me to integrate my events or other items my team may be working on. We just want the calendar to hold dates as well as have meeting requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to Divide PST files in Outlook?

Suggest the best answers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Empty inbox an Office GroupMailbox

Option to bulk empty inbox Bulk Delete of GroupMailbox

Your mailbox folder "\Inbox" is approaching a quota limiting the number of messages per folder. It contains 907330 messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Inform users when they are creating a Group what that entails (a.k.a. global address book entry, Planner, team site, etc)

It would be nice if this information were part of the message users get when they create a new Group/Plan/etc. The majority of our users who create groups have no idea what they are getting when they create the group. It would be great if they knew that it was also creating an entry in the global address book, etc, so that they name their group accordingly.

Groups are currently getting confused with distribution groups, and for example people who create Plans have no idea they will show up in all these places.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us the opportunity to turn the feature off.

Nobody at my organization uses this feature and it takes up space in the sidebar. We would like to be allowed to get rid of it, instead of being told "oh, it's useful! It's good for you! You have to accept it!"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base