Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow O365 groups to be set for access rights in user/shared mailbox calendars.

O365 Group calendar cannot be permitted to ppl who are not a member of that group, nor can you use O365 group as permission group when setting Shared mailbox calendar access.
    Sometimes one needs to set just a shared calendar with different level of access Editor, LimitedDetails, AvailabilityOnly and if we already have suitable bunch of users in O365 Group, why not use that for setting the permissions instead of creating another emailenabledSG with the same memberlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lotus Notes to Office 365

If anyone discovers Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration software and want a better solution to migrate NSF mailboxes to Office 365, So I would suggest you a perfect and reliable software Shoviv lotus Notes to Office 365.
    The software migrates Lotus Notes to Office 365, Live Exchange Server and also exports into Outlook, EML, MSG. Further, this software supports all versions of MS Outlook, MS Exchange Server and Windows Operating System. It provides the free trial version and with the help of this trial version you can migrate your first 25 items per folder.
    Get more information, visit:- https://www.shoviv.com/lotus-notes-to-office365.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group calendar posts are no longer synching automatically to the group members. Has something been changed ? and if so, please put it back

I spend HOURS this week on the phone with tech support. Group calendar items no longer post to group members automatically. It can be "forced" by going back into the posted item and sending an "invite". This is NOT the way it has always worked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change of Group Names not propagating to File Explorer / OneDrive

Changes made to Group Names should propagate to File Explorer / OneDrive / SharePoint folder Group name. Users are required to delete and re-sync their current OneDrive / Link to Sharepoint in order for new/changed name to be reflected in their local File Explorer. Further to, users do not have a unified content, users require additional IT training on how to; time lapse for data download / non productive, etc, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. create custom directories

Looking to easily create custom directories like in G suite? This allow only this set of users see each other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. O365) Groupe

Would like to be able to set conditional formatting (color code - To / From mail) in Outlook Groups (O365).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Install Office 365 Setup

Download the Microsoft office 365 & get full support of any query. Get the complete process of installation & product, the procedures to install MS Office keys etc.
    http://office.com-setup-install.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Usage Policy

Make it possible to require authors to accept a usage/governance policy prior to creating or editing an Office 365 Group. Following the same pattern that exists in Yammer would be excellent.  Specifically, when the policy is changed it has authors reaccept the policy. 

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a way to downgrade a "Group" to a DL.

Example: If you create a Group and then decide it needs to just be a DL, you have to delete it and start over.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow default SharePoint quota for Groups site collections to be changed

Organizations should have the option to change the default quota on site collections created for Teams/Office 365 Groups to whatever they'd like. The out-of-box default quota should also probably be something much less than 1TB for Groups sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneNote Rewrite

There's been a lot of comments on the internet. It looks like the OneNote rewrite has messed a lot of things up. It has less power than before (it was always week) and it's demand to store on the cloud is obnoxious. I've lost numerous files and not happy...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. improve communication to users when O365 Exchange is not working

recently I have not been able to connect to O365 Exchange. Microsoft provides no communication to me. customer service states "we have the same problem." My most recent outage was 70 minutes. It would appear the O365 Exchange reliability is diminishing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. @all should work for broadcasting an email message to all members in the group, even if the number of members in the groups exceed 10000.

Dear Mr Shankar Raut,

Respectfully submitted through Praful Kamble Sir, Office 365 Team.

I quote you verbatim :

“ Another issue was with sending emails to more than 10000 recipients in a day.

As per the below mentioned article we can only send up to 10000 recipients a day and that is a limitation and its by design.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

Sir,

I am Andrews George Koyappa and have created AKLC – Andrews Koyappa Learning Centre Group in Outlook ( Office 365 Group) which currently has around 79000 members and is poised to cross 1 lakh members by the end of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync Office365 security groups to SharePoint groups

Add a function to sync Office365 Security Groups to SharePoint groups. Currently, there is no way for third-party applications to query membership of an Office365 group in SharePoint. Syncing these groups would allow them to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MS Office upgrades

MS Office - application upgrades should not over write user permissions or in the case of Outlook the profile. Enhance communication in advance on upgrades and advise of user actions that will be needed because of the application upgrade

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lock a Whiteboard

Need the ability to lock a Whiteboard once all discussions and collaborations are complete, eliminating the possibility of the Whiteboard being altered/amended/erased once finalised.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello everyone, Greetings from a Berlin, Germany and have a nice day. I would like to make a suggestion concerning the dictation concept in

Hello everyone,
    Greetings from a Berlin, Germany and have a nice day.
    I would like to make a suggestion concerning the dictation concept in Word.
    What if the machine could learn my kind of speaking and dictating not only online but also offline with certain things I have to read so that the Programm can learn my style of speaking and dictating and can improve in recognising & understanding my speech and voice and so on?
    I usually have my systems switched from German to English but use the Programm Word of course in the German language for the usual…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. About behavior when editing Office 365 group calendar with read-only permission from Outlook Client

About behavior when editing Office 365 group calendar with read-only permission from Outlook Client

You can grant read-only access to group calendars to Office 365 group members with the CalendarMemberReadOnly option of the Set-Unified Group command.
    However, even if you give the group calendar read-only access as described above, it will complete successfully if you edit the corresponding Office 365 group calendar using the Outlook Client.

After editing the group calendar from the Outlook Client, when viewing the same group calendar from [Outlook on the Web] or other users, the editing of the group calendar was not reflected.

Read-only permissions…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Marking inbox mails with reply/forwarding icons when you replied/forwarded them

Outlook only marks inbox emails with reply icons if you have replied to that email via Outlook. If you respond to the email via a website (such as gmail) or apple's mail app, these icons are not displayed.

Makes it very difficult to keep track of which emails have been replied to and which haven't. Forums online say this has been an issue since 2016 and still not fixed....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Atalhos no outlook para agendamento de sala de reunião

No Outlook web ou cliente desktop não possui atalhos para que um colaborador possa verificar as salas de reuniões disponíveis em determinada data e horário para agendamento.
    Para um colaborador seria uma grande facilidade poder existir essa opção de fácil acesso, agilizando e otimizando esse tipo de demanda.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base