Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filter tasks in Office 365 Planner based on task attributes

Add a feature to filter tasks based on attributes of the tasks, such as color codes, completion status, and date ranges. This could be displayed in a manner similar to Excel pivot-table slicers or SharePoint Content filters. This filter should allow multiple selections.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow end-users add multiple members to a group

Allow end-users (non-admins / non-pwrshell) to add multiple members, in bulk, to their Office 365 group. I was told that multiple members could be added with a simple comma between the email addresses. However, after testing, this doesn't seem to be the case. Apart from a user having to type each email address and pressing enter manually between each, end-users don't seem to be able to paste a list of users to add to a group and have it parse & add them. Honestly, it's a bit unrealistic for a user to do this with 400 users on their list.…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow disabling (or a configurable path) for file sharing for Groups

I get the advantage of having a file share ability in Groups. However, this works completely outside all of our current document management and backup policies. What if a company has a policy for data to not reside in the cloud? Or they already have a structured SP site on-prem and now this is messing up how/where files are organized? And plus now this is one more place to back up (and MS doesn't seem to like to make it easy for us to back up things that are in the cloud). Groups have a lot of really good features,…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to export the members in a group distribution list to a CSV or Excel file without using Power Shell

The same way we can export a list of all of our distribution lists, I would like the ability to export the members of a group distribution list to a CSV or Excel file without using Power Shell.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide group membership for certain distribution lists specially the moderated

When a user sends email to a moderated list, he can expand the list and bypass the moderator, since he is sending to a series of individual emails.

Also, we generate lists for classes, faculty, etc. what classes a student is taking is personal information, but anybody on campus would be able to see this. We had this issue pre-exchange 2003, but the ‘hideDLmembership’ attribute fixed it on prem, and FIM is syncing this info with O365, would be great to have it working online so we don’t have to use 3rd party mail servers.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restore the functionality for mailmerge to work properly with a text datasource when run from a macro

Previous to Office 365 version 1803 mailmerge executed from from a macro (using a text data source) worked properly. Now, data field delimiters from the text datasource get pulled in as part of the merged data. This seems to be related to a zoom setting, because changing the zoom setting will intermittently fix the issue. Microsoft support recommended I create this post here as the next step in getting this resolved. Reference Office 365 support ticket #12843700 for details.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove {User} Joined the team

We need the ability to turn off the messages in the teams General Channel when a user joins the team.
    I added everyone in our org to an org team, and the general channel is filled with "{User} Joined the team"

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide Office 365 groups from Skype for business online search

I need to hide Office 365 groups from Skype for Business searches. We have already hidden Office 365 groups from our GAL, and they don't show up in our on premise Skype users' searches (we're hybrid SFB, currently migrating to SFB onine), however users that are migrated to Skype for business online show all the Office 365 groups in their Skype searches.

Office 365 support has agreed this is a bug, but do not have an ETA on resolution. It would appear that this has been on a user voice request for quite some time, time for a fix!

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separate naming policy for O365 groups and DLs

Please separate out naming policy for Office 365 Groups from the Distribution Lists that are coming from on-premise AD via ADConnect. Currently the same policy applies to both O365 Groups and DLs. It would be better to have separate policies for Groups and DLs. Also note that email address does not get the policy prefixes applied.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Ability to Whitelist External Sharing Domains for Each Office 365 Group, Similar to SharePoint

In classic SharePoint Sites we have the ability to whitelist/blacklist specific domains for external sharing for a specific ite. In Office 365 Groups this ability is not available. You can whitelist/blacklist across all the Office 365 groups, but not each group that is create. We want to move over to Office 365 groups, but this is the one functionality that is blocking us from replacing classic SharePoint sites with Office 365 groups.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cannot turn off the reading pane in groups, like you can in normal Outlook folders (Outlook version 1802, build 9029.2054)

It seems you cannot turn off the reading pane in groups, like you can in normal Outlook folders (Outlook version 1802, build 9029.2054)

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow daemons using Graph API client credential flow to create/edit/delete calendars/events/membership associated with a Group

The Microsoft Graph API is supposed to allow programmatic access to Office 365 features. We'd like to use it populate staff and student timetables, where each module being taught would appear as a separate Office 365 Group. To do this, we'd need a batch process (probably nightly) that could take information from our existing timetabling database and then use this to update the calendar associated with each group. As this would be done in the wee hours by a daemon process for all users in the University, it needs to use the client credentials OAuth2 flow (ie its allowed by…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group Writeback: manage members and owners for Office 365 Groups

in the current state of the feature Group Writeback creates a representation of the corresponding Office 365 Group to the local AD.
    Originally you cannot manage that groups properties in the local AD, as Azure ADConnect will undo your local changes and will not sync on-prem ADs changes back to Azure AD.
    Now as Office 365 Groups are the fundament for Microsoft Teams, this should be changed to that workflow, if Group Writeback is enabled:
    a. create the Office 365 Group (or Team) in Azure AD, setting up basic settings and initial owners/members

b. sync it down to my customers…

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Flag Follow up in Office 365 Group emails

There is no option to flag an Office 365 group email for follow up. No option and no flag icon found.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some way to Create / Manage Theme Colors for O365 Groups / Teams

it seams silly, but users need the ability to set color them for their o365 groups. currently it's random, and once set, can't be changed.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide User Created Groups from Address Lists

I know that through powershell I can hide the groups from address lists but that is only after they are created. I can setup a task that runs this "Get-UnifiedGroup | Set-UnifiedGroup -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $true" but I would prefer if I could set it up so that when a user creates a new group that by default the -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled is set to $true instead of $false.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Google Calendar support in Outlook 2016 for Windows

I notice the announcement that Outlook 2016 for Mac will incorporate support for Google Calendar and Google Contacts.

I have been waiting since the Google / Microsoft break-down happened for this functionality to be installed.

Now it's only for Mac?? When is it coming for Windows 10 versions of Office / Office 365?

Thanks

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Deactivate Yammer (Admin Choice)

Deactivating Yammer should be an Enterprise Option, Just as we "the client" test out your new features we would like to have the final decision, whether or not to use your add-on features, and since my company is more comfortable working with SharePoint NewsFeed, I would like to Remove All Yammer links from SP, as well as Hide the PINNED Tab

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Increase the number of owners allowed for a Microsoft Stream group

Allow up to 300 owners for a Microsoft Stream group so large organizations can allow lots of video contributors without giving everyone access.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a "Groups" icon to the Office 365 menu

I would like to be able to click the Office 365 menu (the "waffle") and choose "Groups".

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Categories