Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to migrate a Distribution List in Office 365 to a Security Group.

Ability to migrate a Distribution List in Office 365 to a Security Group. The reason being it seems distribution groups do not play nice with nested permissions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Download Exchange EDB to PST Converter

You can convert EDB to PST without problems without any records loss or alternate within the listing shape of information with Inspire EDB to PST Converter. It easy to apply and doesn’t requires Outlook set up for conversion. It provides choice to consumer to transform EDB file into many other codecs apart from PST. The converter utility recovers the Exchange EDB documents after which, saves it to PST document kind. For a whole EDB mailbox, users can create a single PST file. By default, the tool creates a UNICODE PST document. So, any length of EDB document can be transformed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I really need you to enable changing groups to DL. there are several limitations to groups that are not in DLs, like nesting.

you "encouraged" us to "upgrade" to Groups, but it is the opposite, and we can not go back to DLs. I need to have a list that is all of one list plus three others. it will constantly get out of sync with groups, forgetting to add and subtract from both when things change.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PST update

Emails moved to PST folder should update PST (Just like outlook for windows). This is extremely important feature and i think you should inc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove the ability for users to unsubscribe from a group

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/286611-office-365-groups/suggestions/15906502-remove-the-ability-for-users-to-unsubscribe-from-a
    we need this - the workaround suggested by Microsoft in that thread is unacceptable and I have no idea if any thought is being put into that

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix Planner assignment popup so it doesn't block the Add Task button

Thanks for implementing multiple assignments!
    Unfortunately, now that the popup does not close after selecting an Assignee, it sometimes blocks the Add Task button, so there is no way to add the task! ESC does not work, clicking the name in the task does not work, and clicking blank space on the task discards it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Kindly change the setting of groups take a example of google groups we will get posting and delivering option on individual id

Kindly change the setting of groups take a example of google groups we will get posting and delivering option on individual id

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix link in docs library

A link in the Docs library does not work on a mobile device. This is probably due to the extension .url. It would be nice for a link to be added.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have many EML files but how can I convert it into MBOX?

I have lots of .eml Files, I have need for moving up my entire EML Files into MBOX. But the problem here is, they are many and I have to change them in less time So, please if you have any solution to move emails from EML to MBOX, immediately inform me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. sort

Currently, the Groups discussion is sorted in ascending order (the original post --> older replies --> latest reply).
    It will be super clear and easy to see discussions in descending order (the original post --> latest reply --> ...) which is same as SharePoint discussion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Avoid PST Corruption by Splitting Large PST File

Users get the error messages in Outlook due to corrupt PST file and the PST may get corrupt due to virus attack, configuration settings or large size. In most of the cases, it is found that large size of PST is the cause of corruption. To avoid PST corruption we can split the PST file and reduce the size.
    Thus PST size can be reduced by following steps
    First, create a new PST file in Outlook
    Open Outlook, File, Account Settings and add new Profile
    Create a new PST file and save it. Remember the Path of PST
    Now the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get-mailbox, -identity be facultative

get-mailbox -resultsize unlimited | select-object -expand emailaddresses should return all email addresses, because we need to do get-mailbox -IDENTITY * -resultsize unlimited | select-object -expand emailaddresses when identity is normally facultative and is used to select a specific mailbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve/Fix Sharepoint Syncing via the Web browser

Sharepoint will not sync multiple sub-folders via the web client. Though it works through the OneDrive sync client, Office365 is billed as a "web/cloud based" platform, and the functionality should work seamlessly through the web. It doesn't.
    Case number: 5839311

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Atom TechSoft Outlook OST Emails Recovery Tool

Atom TechSoft Outlook OST Email recovery tool is mind-blowing Software that grotesquely fix all OST file errors after that convert OST mailbox data into Outlook profile with all emails properties like as:- (To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, and Date & Time). Outlook OST Email Recovery utility solves all the targets and after recovery of corrupted Outlook OST files you can see full preview and makes OST file in readable mode. It immensely spilt large PST file.

More info-: https://www.linkedin.com/company/atom-techsoft-osttopstconverter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. new look of O365 group

The new UI.
    The home page O365 Group is not user-friendly or I can say disorganized, would like to get it reverted to the OLD.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Receive accept and declines from conference rooms when booked through O365 group calendar.

We have a hybrid environment and we just ran into this issue. MS O365 support confirmed it with their non hybrid environment as well. When booking a conference room with O365 group calendar the decline or accept from the room goes straight to deleted items.

Who looks in deleted items folder for accepts or declines from conference room? Its hard enough to get people to read the messages when it comes straight to their inbox. Please fix this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. View Settings

Add in some view settings to the Groups other than just Reading pane views. Make this fully customization like a "standard" inbox is. The ultimate goal would be for Groups to be able to have almost the same appearance as if it were a normal inbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add members to Teams in bulk by CSV flat file - Agregar miembros a Teams de forma masiva por archivo plano CSV

Good Morning

It would be a great help that when adding members to a team, they could be raised in several at the same time from a flat file or a CSV.

In my university, teachers create teams according to the subjects assigned to their professorship; The drawback is that a teacher can have up to 10 groups of 45 student participants.

It becomes very complicated to upload one by one those 450 students.

I hope you work on this suggestion, it would substantially improve the application.

Regards;

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to Move Thunderbird Mail to Outlook?

Learn how to move Thunderbird mail to Outlook including accurate details and attachments using MBOX Export Software. The software is a wonderful application which is mainly designed for users who want to know how to move Thunderbird mail to Outlook for any Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc.) edition. Both technical and non-technical users can easily achieve Thunderbird mail to Outlook conversion with the MBOX Export Software. It is supportable for all Windows OS versions i.e. Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc.
    Get more info: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/MBOX-Export-Tool-A-fba6a0df

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base