Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. An easy way to convert EDB to PST file.

If you are looking for an easy solution to convert EDB to PST file, then I would like to recommend Kernel for EDB to PST Converter software. It is very proficient and secure software, which can easily fix EDB error issues and recover the stored data. It also supports to export EDB file to PST, Live Exchange Server and Office 365. For more information, visit: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/edb-to-pst.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a way to downgrade a "Group" to a DL.

Example: If you create a Group and then decide it needs to just be a DL, you have to delete it and start over.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow default SharePoint quota for Groups site collections to be changed

Organizations should have the option to change the default quota on site collections created for Teams/Office 365 Groups to whatever they'd like. The out-of-box default quota should also probably be something much less than 1TB for Groups sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneNote Rewrite

There's been a lot of comments on the internet. It looks like the OneNote rewrite has messed a lot of things up. It has less power than before (it was always week) and it's demand to store on the cloud is obnoxious. I've lost numerous files and not happy...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How to Recovery Excel Workbook Password ?

You can download PDS Excel Password Cracker program that is improved method for recovery excel workbook password and also unlock locked MS Excel file password. This utility gives the easy process to put the password minimum & maximum length of the password recovery and quickly preview of password recovery. This works on whole supported MS Excel file version: 97 to 2016 & window version upto win10.

Visit Here: http://www.excelpasswordcracker.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. improve communication to users when O365 Exchange is not working

recently I have not been able to connect to O365 Exchange. Microsoft provides no communication to me. customer service states "we have the same problem." My most recent outage was 70 minutes. It would appear the O365 Exchange reliability is diminishing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. @all should work for broadcasting an email message to all members in the group, even if the number of members in the groups exceed 10000.

Dear Mr Shankar Raut,

Respectfully submitted through Praful Kamble Sir, Office 365 Team.

I quote you verbatim :

“ Another issue was with sending emails to more than 10000 recipients in a day.

As per the below mentioned article we can only send up to 10000 recipients a day and that is a limitation and its by design.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchange-online-limits.aspx

Sir,

I am Andrews George Koyappa and have created AKLC – Andrews Koyappa Learning Centre Group in Outlook ( Office 365 Group) which currently has around 79000 members and is poised to cross 1 lakh members by the end of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi Office 365

Make group Calendars in Outlook for visible in the app for iphone/ iOS or others/ Android. As it is now, you can only see the group calender on the computer interface.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync Office365 security groups to SharePoint groups

Add a function to sync Office365 Security Groups to SharePoint groups. Currently, there is no way for third-party applications to query membership of an Office365 group in SharePoint. Syncing these groups would allow them to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. MS Office upgrades

MS Office - application upgrades should not over write user permissions or in the case of Outlook the profile. Enhance communication in advance on upgrades and advise of user actions that will be needed because of the application upgrade

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lotus Notes to office365 Exporter

ATS NSF to PST Converter is effective and reliable software to convert data from NSF file to Outlook PST file format. It is simple to use for everyone so a novice user can easily operate it without any difficulty. It support OS Windows version 95, NT, 98, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1,10 (32bit & 64bit). Through the aid of this program, you are also able to export password protected and encrypted data without any difficulty. It allows you to split the big file into several small files as per user’s requirement. In its free demo version, you can…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Guest account lifecycle management

Over time the number of guest accounts will grow enormous, often with Temporary accounts. Under GDPR compliance, but also for housekeeping one would want to cleanup from time to time. So a affirmation of the account continuation is required. Something similar is already in place for Access review, but this is your goup / team participation not for the account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello everyone, Greetings from a Berlin, Germany and have a nice day. I would like to make a suggestion concerning the dictation concept in

Hello everyone,
    Greetings from a Berlin, Germany and have a nice day.
    I would like to make a suggestion concerning the dictation concept in Word.
    What if the machine could learn my kind of speaking and dictating not only online but also offline with certain things I have to read so that the Programm can learn my style of speaking and dictating and can improve in recognising & understanding my speech and voice and so on?
    I usually have my systems switched from German to English but use the Programm Word of course in the German language for the usual…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. looking for some form of checkin checkout feature

Currently we use an in/out app that only works within our building. it would be nice to have something that would allow all staff to see who was in and who was out

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enhancement request: Please allow guests in Office 365 groups to sign-out instead of apparently only being able to terminate their sessions.

Enhancement request: Please allow guests in Office 365 groups to sign-out instead of apparently only being able to terminate their sessions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add functionality to convert a distribution list to a dynamic distribution list after it has been created.

Add functionality to convert a distribution list to a dynamic distribution list after it has been created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import Calendar entries from excel files

In the sharepoint group page allow the shared group calendar to import calendar entries from an excel sheet, like the older version of sharepoint

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve printing options for envelopes in Word documents

Presently there is no option as to which printer one would like to print an envelope on. Many people load different size papers and envelopes into different printers. It should be up to the user to decide which one to use if they do not want to use the default printer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Teams: Restore OneNote Tab that was deleted. Currently unable to relink OneNote Tab that currently exists.

Restore OneNote Tabs that were deleted. Unable to relink One Note Tab that already exists. Possible issue with other Office Online Applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base