Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Files tab to show all the library contents

Whilst the addition of attachments to the files tab is a very good idea the removal of anything else in the group's document library is not particularly helpful. I like to post links into the library - I'd far rather that files showed everything in the library plus mail attachments, Ideally you could configure this so those who want the current experience could say "just true files" etc. to keep everyone happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not send tasks or updates as meeting requests in Groups

I wanted to add tasks and or updates in my calendar. When I added the items it automatically went to the group as a meeting request- which was not the purpose of me putting the items into my calendar. Is there a way to stop Groups for disseminating an item or task as a meeting request. It really takes away from allowing me to integrate my events or other items my team may be working on. We just want the calendar to hold dates as well as have meeting requests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Inform users when they are creating a Group what that entails (a.k.a. global address book entry, Planner, team site, etc)

It would be nice if this information were part of the message users get when they create a new Group/Plan/etc. The majority of our users who create groups have no idea what they are getting when they create the group. It would be great if they knew that it was also creating an entry in the global address book, etc, so that they name their group accordingly.

Groups are currently getting confused with distribution groups, and for example people who create Plans have no idea they will show up in all these places.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calendar Permission

Please make it possible to set Group Calendar Permission to set users access(read only, edit or owner) in Outlook Desktop.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give us the opportunity to turn the feature off.

Nobody at my organization uses this feature and it takes up space in the sidebar. We would like to be allowed to get rid of it, instead of being told "oh, it's *useful*! It's *good for you*! You have to accept it!"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Shared with us" view doesn't constantly shows items there.

"Shared with us" view doesn't constantly shows items there. Refreshing the page sometimes works and sometimes don't. It seems that the items the user accessing the view directly have the permission are constantly displayed. However, the behavior changes between tenants, and also times. More specific public information on "Shared with us" view is desired.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix the Group Calendar Webpart for All Day events

The display of full day events added in a group calendar is shifted by one less day in the group calendar webpart. Adding the same event from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 displays it correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How about getting the Hyperlink function to actually work in Word 2016?

How about getting the Hyperlink function to actually work in Word 2016?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SQL Recovery Tool to Repair Corrupt MDF Database

I would like to refer an effective result-oriented tool, SQL database recovery tool. The tool quickly resolves all types corruption issues. The SQL repair tool also recovers all tables, stored procedure, functions, views, rules, triggers and associated Primary Key, Unique keys and etc.It completely repairs the corrupted MDF database files and recovers the data from the SQL database.It can successfully restore tables, triggers, indexes, keys, constraints, rules, and defaults from corrupt SQL database, and save them into a new database file. Also, it allows users to save recovered data in the form of SQL scripts. I hope the shared information…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The best OST to PST Converter

Best OST to PST Converter is a great application it the data conversion field that allows accessing lost and permanently deleted data in a secure way without any hassle. It is also able to export email, notes, contact, sent item, delete item, attachment, journals, and draft etc.
    This software is compatible to work in the absence of MS Outlook installation in the system. Using this you can convert your data into various file formats like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCal, vCard, and MBOX along with all the data of OST mailbox like email, notes, contact, sent item, delete item, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Nach Windows Update startet Outlook nicht mehr

Nachdem ich ein Windows 10 Update erhalten habe konnte ich Outlook nicht mehr starten. Danke dem Support von Microsoft wurde das Problem einwandfrei behoben.
    Herzlichen Dank.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most Affordable OST to PST Converter

If you are looking for most affordable OST to PST converter then I recommended you InQuit OST to PST converter which makes your conversion task easy and simple it resolve all the errors and virus attack and get back lost and damaged data in some few minutes without any complication. Its extraordinary features make it unique from other tools.

• Recovers emails, images, task, dates, calendar, contacts, attachments & Meta properties (Bcc, Cc, To, From, Subject)
    • Users export OST data into several file formats PST, HTML, vCal, MSG, EML, MBOX, vCard, EMLX.
    • Shows preview of converted data before…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow O365 groups to be set for access rights in user/shared mailbox calendars.

O365 Group calendar cannot be permitted to ppl who are not a member of that group, nor can you use O365 group as permission group when setting Shared mailbox calendar access.
    Sometimes one needs to set just a shared calendar with different level of access Editor, LimitedDetails, AvailabilityOnly and if we already have suitable bunch of users in O365 Group, why not use that for setting the permissions instead of creating another emailenabledSG with the same memberlist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lotus Notes to Office 365

If anyone discovers Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration software and want a better solution to migrate NSF mailboxes to Office 365, So I would suggest you a perfect and reliable software Shoviv lotus Notes to Office 365.
    The software migrates Lotus Notes to Office 365, Live Exchange Server and also exports into Outlook, EML, MSG. Further, this software supports all versions of MS Outlook, MS Exchange Server and Windows Operating System. It provides the free trial version and with the help of this trial version you can migrate your first 25 items per folder.
    Get more information, visit:- https://www.shoviv.com/lotus-notes-to-office365.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How can I Migrate an OST file to an Outlook PST file?

If you want to Migrate OST file to Outlook PST file then I want to Suggest you try this third party tool Regain OST to PST Converter that can Migrate OST file to PST file easily. This Converter tool smoothly extracts all the data in OST files and stores them securely in new PST file. This tool also maintain the integrity of data and will not change anything in the original formatting. Regain OST to PST converter has simplified and user-friendly GUI which is designed well for both tech users and non tech or beginners.

Download this tool free demo…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Group calendar posts are no longer synching automatically to the group members. Has something been changed ? and if so, please put it back

I spend HOURS this week on the phone with tech support. Group calendar items no longer post to group members automatically. It can be "forced" by going back into the posted item and sending an "invite". This is NOT the way it has always worked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. O365) Groupe

Would like to be able to set conditional formatting (color code - To / From mail) in Outlook Groups (O365).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. InQuit Lotus Notes Converter Tool

InQuit NSF to PST converter software is a crucial and successful application to learn how to convert Lotus Notes file data into PST outlook in a secure way. It smartly scans damaged or corrupted NSF file data and save them into PST file format. During the conversion task, it does not make any changes in the database of NSF file and provide one of the best result that is better than your expectation. The amazing key functions of this program are here:
    • Quickly export Lotus Notes data into Outlook PST file format.
    • The users can convert the selected…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Install Office 365 Setup

Download the Microsoft office 365 & get full support of any query. Get the complete process of installation & product, the procedures to install MS Office keys etc.
    http://office.com-setup-install.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Usage Policy

Make it possible to require authors to accept a usage/governance policy prior to creating or editing an Office 365 Group. Following the same pattern that exists in Yammer would be excellent.  Specifically, when the policy is changed it has authors reaccept the policy. 

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base