Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. edb to pst converter software to recover corrupted edb file

Just visit at Stella Data Recovery and download EDB to PST converter open source software that safe and successful solution for extract emails from Microsoft exchange server and also gives you manual tips how to convert EDB to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, MBOX, MHTML and etc. This exchange recovery tool is easy option which is the best software to repair corrupt EDB file and convert EDB to PST file with its emails properties like as:- to, bcc, cc, subject and date.

REA MORE:-https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/exchange-server-recovery/best-edb-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit group membership in the GAL

End users are used to manage group membership they are owners of in the GAL. This is not supported for O365 groups and could me a major inhibitor for massive deployment in our environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Groups shouldn't allow SMTP/UPN addresses as display names

We recently had an issue where a user accidentally created a group by entering a user's full email address (UserA@ourcollege.edu) as the group's display name. Later, when a different user (User B) tried to email User A the message instead ended up in the group's inbox. On investigation, the group's display name was the first thing auto-suggested/auto-completed by Outlook, and User B chose it instead of the real contact.

This isn't just a bit awkward, and open to accidental disclosure of confidential information, but it could be exploited by a malicious actor inside the organization to lure unaware…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move Thunderbird MBOX to Outlook PST File Format

Suddenly, my friend wants to switch MBOX data into Outlook PST format. He told me how to shift data from MBOX to PST. I have no idea related this query but can anyone suggest me the safe and secure way to transfer MBOX to PST.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Know when the last email was sent to a distribution list.

Know when the last email was sent to a distribution list.

good morning

We would need to know when the last email has been sent to a distribution list so that these lists can be used.

The only solution that Microsoft has given us is to see in the mail flow if an email has been sent in the last 90 days.

thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Quick edit in Sharepoint library failed to go to page 2 of the quick edit list.

In O365 embedded Sharepoint Quick Edit option, if the list of records flow into page 2 of the list, for example, page 1 covers items 1-30, page 2 covers items 31-60 etc, if you click on the next page option, it will bring you back to the browse default page of the library instead of going to page 2.

Have walk through with the Microsoft helpdesk and confirm that its a bug.

The classic sharepoint view will work fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Index Yammer for search

Index Yammer feeds along with SPO content for search results. Doing so will allow tacit knowledge to more easily be shared and vetted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow add/update membership of Office 365 connected Yammer group by the group owner and / or members

So this would make Office 365 connected Yammer groups in keeping with Office 365 connected Outlook groups - in Office 365 connected Outlook groups owners can add/update group membership.

Forcing the management of Office 365 connected Yammer groups onto Office 365 admins is out of keeping with the pattern of collaboration established by the Office 365 connected Outlook groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow images to be imported to Outlook web - Out of office

It would be really useful to allow images to be imported / pasted in Out of Office section of Outlook Web mail. As currently can't add any branding etc like you can in the signature section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outlook to-do bar - no calendar

In the to-do bar option, have an option to see upcoming appointments without the calendar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How to convert EDB to PST file?

To convert EDB to PST file, there are several software available on the Web. Kernel for EDB to PST Converter is such an effective and secure software. by using it, you can easily repair corrupted or inaccessible EDB file and recover stored mailbox items. The software also provides an option to export EDB to PST, Live Exchange Server and Office 365. For more information, visit: https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/edb-to-pst.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Email conversation view should open on 1 click to see all emails

Email Conversational setup changed recently so now you have to click multiple times to open up the conversation to see each individual email underneath. First click does nothing. Second click sometimes opens the conversation. Sometimes it takes 3 clicks before it opens to show all emails in the conversation. Can change back to 1 click to open all emails in the conversation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom Themes, the Change the Look wizard and theme and logo inheritance through Hub Sites is currently broken

I have recently noticed that custom themes for modern SharePoint sites created via PowerShell using the guidance in docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-theming/sharepoint-site-theming-powershell) break the Change the Look wizard. The error message 'There was an error while attempting to get the themes' appears.

The wizard can be fixed by changing the theme using the 'Classic' wizard and changing the theme.

Custom themes also reset to the SharePoint site default, seemingly at random, whilst breaking the wizard.

Theme and logo inheritance from a Hub site is also broken.

These issues have been reported to Microsoft in tickets: 15868798 and 16203826. I was…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exchange 2003 EDB Recovery

Are you finding the solution to recover 2003 EDB File? So you can make use of Enstella Exchange 2003 EDB Recovery Software which allows you to repair 2003 EDB File and recover Exchange 2003 EDB file to PST File, EML, MSG and HTML format with email properties- To, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Date, and Time. By taking help of EDB to PST Software you can convert 2003 EDB File into PST File with original messages formats- TXT, HTML and RTF formats. Software gives the option to split the recovered PST file upto 5GB during conversion and also gives message filtering option…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to add a O365 Group to a DL

Currently if you add a O365 Group to a DL, the mail will not appear in the Group mailbox. It will only appear in the users inbox if the user is subscribed. Since it will be a slow process to convert all our DL's and we do have some nesting DL's this is would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unable to Create a Rule to Move Synced Text Messages to a Folder

I recently turned on the syncing of text messages on my phone, which syncs all my text messages to my Inbox. This is a good feature as now I can see and preserve my text messages without needed to look at my phone.

The problem is, there are so many text messages it is causing me to miss important emails.

I tried to create a rule on the web client to move the texts to a folder. It will not create the rule because the text messages don't follow the same convention for emails (does not contain @domain.com). I then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. the private groups should only be seen by the one who create the group

If the groups is “private",it should be hidden and not visible to others

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Best 7z Password Unlocker Tools.

Get the best 7z password recovery software designed by eSoftTools which is the perfect way to retrieve and unlock lost 7z file password. This password breaker tool nicely works on all windows versions. It comes with three recovery techniques- Brute Force attack, Mask attack, and Dictionary attack. 7z password Unlocker tool instantly recover your lost password by applying any one attack from the given options It also recover password related to alphabetical, alpha-numeric, symbolic and etc, (such as- ABC, xyz, 123, !@# or more characters)

Get More Info:https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SEE Ticket NO. 13967108 opening groups in outlook navigation gives nothing to display here message

the navigation panel in outlook displays groups . when you click on one of these groups nothing to display here message appears. If you want to see the files you have to goto the files tab. The message should direct users there or just open the files as it used to?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base