How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

recover / restore deleted office 365 group

It is currently not possible to recover/restore a deleted office 365 group, if accidentally deleted. In that case all files will be lost! Please add the ''recover deleted office 365 group' option. Also being able to recover the files / group from the administrator 'site settings\recycle bin' option in sharepoint, would be very helpful.

863 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    CyilCyil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • david smithdavid smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best software to recover the outlook data that developed by excellent organization for all formats like convert, repair, recover and restore the outlook file like attachment, properties, appointment, journal, calendar, body information and embedded image. Microsoft PST repair tool is simply restore the repair data into the PST, EMLX, HTML, MBOX, MSG and EML. Get more details please click the link: http://www.bulkecommerce.com/product/ats-outlook-recovery-software/164

• Rob NicholsonRob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somebody commented below in Feb 2017 that you should steer clear of Office 365 groups until this gaping hole is fixed. Well sadly Microsoft have removed the ability to create new site mailboxes so my client is pretty much forced to move (unplaned!) to groups and run the risk of a group getting deleted, especially as they are encouraging user self-service in groups.

Yet another half though through idea that appears to be have been pushed out to end users without due consideration of the impact.

Very unhappy customer! Get this flaw fixed ASAP.

• Robert CraneRobert Crane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we please get the ability to recover a complete Microsoft Team that gets deleted accidentally or maliciously? If that happens you loose everything,including the SharePoint Team Site, Chat, everything.!

• BrandonBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed about a month ago that all deleted O365 groups and sites can be found in the SharePoint online recycle bin.

Log into your SharePoint Admin portal via PS and run Get-SPODeletedSite all deleted sites should be there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm experiencing this in our company as well, as the last commenter said, it might be best to stay clear of Groups in Office 365. Hope Microsoft gives this priority.

This status is still the same for many months. It should get more priority. It is very dangerous right now to use o365 groups.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a timeline anyone in Microsoft can commit to? Items on the "fasttrack" understandably take time, but groups have been around for enough time for data deletion to have been addressed (especially given the fact that they are branded as a finished product and to be the pillar of the new office 365 team-focused environment). This is a very serious issue for any company and should have been addressed by now.

• DrGeeDrGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about a warning...
        I just a little nag.
        For example: "Deleting this Office 365 Group the group site is also deleted, and the email Inbox is deleted. And cannot be recovered. etc…." Click Yes to continue….

• Graham SmithGraham Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this development? This ticket has been in development for some time and it would be great to have some sense when we will be able to recover a deleted group.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

your roadmap does not give any ETA. When will this most basic functionality be available?

Here is the situation. We had an office 365 group. When Microsoft Teams was announced we created a team and then associated it with the O365 group. It was felt that we didn't want to have this particular group open to the team so we deleted the group through the Teams application, not understanding that it would also delete the O365 Group. This was significant issue especially in light of the fact that you cannot recover any of the documents. User Beware, and I would suggest that this could be significant enough that you prioritize this as a needed feature before you role this solution out.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the same in the new MS Teams, someone could delete the entire team.

• Chris WilliamsonChris Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it's been nearly 6 months since the feedback team has posted that they are working on this and over a year since the suggestion was posted and MS is still offering a dangerous tool that is just begging for an admin or end user to make an unrecoverable "oopsie"... at least I can disable O365 group creation via PowerShell.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base