Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Enable Group Calendars to show in Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016 allows access to Conversations, Calendar, Files and Notebook. However, it's not possible to view a Group Calendar in the Calendar pane, which means that you cannot display side-by-side calendar views with any other Outlook/SharePoint calendar. It'd be great if this feature could be added!

1,579 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stanley Yau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news!
At this point, all users on the Monthly Channel for Office 365 ProPlus should see all their groups in the left navigation pane in the calendar module.

Users on Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted) should see all their groups in the left navigation pane in the calendar module in builds /after/ 1808.

Whichever version you’re on, you can always go to the group from the mail module, and then press “Calendar” from the ribbon. As well, you can also right click on the group in the left nav in the mail module, and favorite it; this will also make the group appear in the left nav in the calendar module.

73 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again MS is all smoke and mirrors with the early versions of their software in order to "get to market". Really frustrating. Just be real about what is and what's coming and we'd probably wait to join the party!

• Amanda C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. :( I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to do this.

• Niels Dönszelmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're getting 'busy' instead of subject location information in the side by side view. Only if you go to folders, and open the group there it works. But you just need to see that info in side by side.

• Lesyk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unreal how this already isn't available. It makes the point of creating an Office 365 Group basically null. I am not surprised, to be honest, though everything I've used with Microsofts in the enterprise has always been clunky until saner heads begin to prevail make enough noise to change the shortcuts initially taken.

• MarkC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

View side by side seems to work after adding to Favourites, but what I have noticed is the group calendar is very slow to update. Anyone else notice this?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my vote to this. Definitely should not have to add the mailbox to my favorites before I can see the group calendar.

• Night Wing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to add ics or csv calendar directly into the Office 365 Group calendar.
    If this is possible can you explain and if not also can you explain?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, can confirm this is working fine for us (adding to Favorites and selecting in "My Calendars"). Also overlaying with other calendars works fine.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is already possible. Simply add the groups to your Favorites and it shows up in your calendar list.

What I need is the way to export a shared calendar and then import it into the office 365 groups calendar.

• Tad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree this is something i would like to see soon!

What about Office365 users using Outlook 2013? They need to be able to see group calendars overlayed on their other calendars too..

• Tracey Zamarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to get the group calendar to show up on the Mac Outlook client but I am still having issues adding it to the overlay view, even after adding it as a favorite to my windows outlook client

• Steve O. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@HBH - You're almost there.
    1. Select the group in your favorites in Outlook on the desktop. If it isn't in your favorites try scrolling down beneath your email folders. I have a lot of folders so it didn't appear until after a lot of scrolling.
    2. The ribbon should change and a large "Calendar" button should appear among "Conversations" and "Files"
    3. Click the button and a new outlook window will open with the group's calendar.
    It's pretty clunky. We really should be able to just see it in Calendars like any other shared calendar.

• HBH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could someone please review the steps for adding a Shared Calendar created in in Groups Office 365 to Outlook for desktop? I am running Outlook 2010. I would like to be able to view the Shared Calendar (created by Office 365 Groups) as a stand alone calendar in Outlook on my desktop and as a stand alone calendar on my iPhone.

I reviewed the suggestions below and was only able to "favorite" the Groups-created-Shared-Calendar on the web via Office 365. I cannot find the Shared Calendar anywhere in Outlook (neither in Mail/Inbox or in Calendars).

Is someone able to assist with this?

Thanks in advance

I've found that is possible in Outlook 2016 for Mac: there is an Open Shared Calendar, there search by group and you'll have the option to show it side by side

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does not work on a Mac, as Outlook 2016 does not support groups so can not add to favorites.

• Cheryl Hoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two days with my company help desk, they couldn't figure this out. I found the answer here. Thanks so much!!! (And MS....c'mon....REALLY????)

Add the group to Outlook Favorites - TADA! The calendar is magically in your calendar group.

Feedback and Knowledge Base