Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Enable Group Calendars to show in Outlook 2016

Outlook 2016 allows access to Conversations, Calendar, Files and Notebook. However, it's not possible to view a Group Calendar in the Calendar pane, which means that you cannot display side-by-side calendar views with any other Outlook/SharePoint calendar. It'd be great if this feature could be added!

1,463 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stanley Yau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminO365 Groups Feedback (Admin, Microsoft) responded  · 

Hi All,
    We are actively working on showing the group calendars to show the group by default in Outlook desktop. In the meantime, as it was mentioned in the thread by others, the workaround is to add the group as a favorite, and you can view the calendar side by side in the group.
    Thanks.

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am I understanding correctly that it is still not possible to see a Group calendar on the desktop version of Outlook for Mac? Is this done intentionally to force users to the Office 365 platform?

• Lars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have this update in Outlook for IOS too. This is the reason I really miss the old Groups app. It seems like a very basic thing to be able to see the calendar

• Rahul Koul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For some reason, i am not able to view the event details when i click on any particular event in my calendar, I briefly see a window, but before I can read anything whole page refreshes and the window is gone

• Shane Power commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable for Outlook Mac and iOS too please! This basic functionality is long since (2015) overdue.

• Leonid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am afraid it's a VERY wrong idea. Imagine you are like me, i.e. a member of a dozen or more groups (remember that both teams and Planner create them). My Calendar page will look like a scrapyard with DOSENS of calendars.

Currently, Teamshas a BUG. When you create a meeting within a particular channel, it shows that all members are invited by default, but in reality the meeting only shows in your personal calendar. Everybody else stays clueless! They can only stumble across the meeting if they look at the particular channel in Teams, and then they can click Add to my calendar, which is the WRONG behavior. The logical way to do things is automatically copy meeting events created within a Teams channel to personal calendar of all group members, but NOT show all the redundant junk calendars in Outlook! If you start showing them, that will create a DISASTER for all those who a members of numerous groups, let alone selecting the right calendar to work with...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this?
        I can see many people asking when this might be available, but I cannot see any replies?

I agree with the comments below. Office365 keeps pushing GROUPS! TEAMS! WORK TOGETHER!

But there isn't anyway to do so with the desktop programs. It's just crazy.
        What was the pitch meeting like for calendars in Groups? Nobody cared? Nobody realised that people are still using the desktop programs?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For what it's worth, people wouldn't be so upset with you for missing this extremely basic functionality if you weren't shoving Groups down our throats.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this seems like an obvious feature. Not showing calendars in the calendar pane. Its easily available for Office.com, but not Outlook 2016? Is the desktop software no longer relevant?

• Naomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is very frustrating. I'm trying to have our organization use Group calendars, but it appears only in the browser version and most of my employees are using the desktop app. Also the CTRL -6 doesn't work on Macs.

• Darren Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Mac 2016 | could you please let me know when the ability to show Group Calendars in the Calendar pane will be available? We have a need to create a shared calendar of all business meetings and events for all staff to be able to view - but are unable to make this happen until they can easily see the group / calendar within Outlook Mac app.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base