Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Add security groups to Office 365 groups

I need a way of making security groups part of an Office 365 group. I want to be able to add users to a security group and then they are automatically a member of a Office 365 group.

Dynamic group membership only appears to work for user attribute values and not their group membership.

2,137 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

56 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik Olsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several large customers (5000+ users) in need of this feature to deploy Teams in the entire organization. At the moment this is seen as a blocker.

The ETA can be found here on the Roadmap (Q1 2020):
    https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=50002

Any more news apart from the above on the already fantastic news that this is now a planned feature?

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same ETA question as everyone else, but in regards to GCC. Any chance this will be rolled out to everyone at once?

• RGö commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, any ideas, when this will be available? Especially large companies manage their active directory groups with identity management systems. S othere is really a need to update memberships for e.g. MS TEAMS based on the active directory groups.

• Yves Marty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did Microsoft realized that at least big companys have their own group management system and that it is an absolute need to reuse these groups for application management in O365 ? That's the necessary condition for large deployment of O365 solutions. I hope they understood and that this feature is a priority.

• pob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team is very much looking forward to this feature!

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if you got around to this :)
    If this would include a method to add owners as a group also, that would be the cherry on top.

• Andy Yule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear! Where does this sit on the Roadmap? Any expected release date? Looking forward to updates.

• Max Goss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could I confirm that the Ignite announcement means that dynamic security groups created in AD and synced to 365 could be used to drive Office365 Group membership? This would be a very much needed feature. Any update on timescales?

• Christopher Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really appreciate this functionality as we start to move some of our workload to the cloud services in O365 while maintaining on-premises Active Directory. Hard to believe this doesn't already exist!

• Mike Donnellan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this functionality immediately to support our Power BI rollout. Any updates on progress? Thanks!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base