Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Add security groups to Office 365 groups

I need a way of making security groups part of an Office 365 group. I want to be able to add users to a security group and then they are automatically a member of a Office 365 group.

Dynamic group membership only appears to work for user attribute values and not their group membership.

1,839 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great if you got around to this :)
    If this would include a method to add owners as a group also, that would be the cherry on top.

• Andy Yule commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear! Where does this sit on the Roadmap? Any expected release date? Looking forward to updates.

• Max Goss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could I confirm that the Ignite announcement means that dynamic security groups created in AD and synced to 365 could be used to drive Office365 Group membership? This would be a very much needed feature. Any update on timescales?

• Christopher Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would really appreciate this functionality as we start to move some of our workload to the cloud services in O365 while maintaining on-premises Active Directory. Hard to believe this doesn't already exist!

• Mike Donnellan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this functionality immediately to support our Power BI rollout. Any updates on progress? Thanks!

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we get some Updates please? What is the expected Release Date?

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously this is needed. If you announced this at Ignite, where is it on the schedule for rollout? If I have missed reading a bulletin from O365, I apologize.

• J D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please inform us about a road map when this URGENTLY needed Feature will be rolled out. Impossible to work with Team without that!

• thomas segato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Further proof that nobody who works at Microsoft today has any concept of real-world IT..."

DO you couldn't be more wrong. I work for Microsoft as a consultant and are at customers every day. Believe me when I say I know the need for this in the enterprise. It's close to impossible to administer the platform without.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base