Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Teams - Multiple Panes / Windows

Allow user to have multiple active panes or windows. Working with various parts of teams (Chat, Tabs, Meetings, Files, Conversations) sometimes require having multiple views open and productivity is lost by switching for every individual action.

Provide an option to pop out, or retain active panels will improve productivity and use of Teams.

852 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Violette Bowhay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lalit D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been a must have feature where one could interface with multiple files through Teams (either as tabs or pop outs).

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys also make Windows right? You know, that graphical OS that has supported multiple windows since 1985.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try not to use it alot, but when I do, I really need the option of more that one active panel at a time.

As a Program Manager of multiple projects with numerous teams and subject interests, the functionality to offer multiple active panes would be very beneficial to me and my teammates to improve efficiency by facilitating research and collaboration.

• Debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Providing the option to have multiple active panes would be very helpful for day to day work flow and activities.

Microsoft, please make this a priority, a professional user that is a team member on 7 teams, having only one window to use for all teams is very inefficient; however, pop outs would be fast & advantageous making multitasking very seamless.

• Jeff N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful due to the fact that I am on a number of teams. In some cases, I have to work in multiple teams at once due to the nature of my meeting in regards to preparing status reports and reporting on status.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please make this request a priority. The UI and layout is beginner level, and impractical for professional users to productively use. certainly the lowlight of O365 suite.

• Senthil Prabhu S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Overall GUI design is very bad. Where is the usability and fluid user experience ? Not sure if basic UI/UXM has been followed / passed. Especially the Teams tab - all the teams that am part of, looks cluttered, clobbered, unorganized. I wonder if this was really a Microsoft product. I hope Microsoft takes a look at this immediately.

Agreed with all comments below. This would be a huge time saver and would increase productivity from many aspects.

This would be fantastic! Instead i find myself opening up one window in the Teams online, and the other on the Teams desktop app. Plus opening files directly from sharepoint. I probably due this 2-3 times a day. I'd much rather just be able to do it all in one place.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base