Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Office 365 Groups Expiration - Need Exclusion Feature

What’s really needed is an exclusion list, ex: Expire all groups EXCEPT for these 5 that I really really care about. All the others, let the owners decide if they want to keep them, but these 5, I keep important stuff in there, and I don’t want to sweat it about missing an email and potentially losing all that information.
Otherwise, due to the dynamic nature of groups, if I set a selected list of groups that I want to expire, I would have to keep coming back to this to keep it updated since any user can self create a group.

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently a big miss. It should really be based on a combination of the last activity of the underlying features (last chat activity, last sharepoint activity, last mailbox activity). Ideally, these should be options as well because something like a mailbox that may be receiving automated incoming email from the company should be optional as the last activity check.
        Additionally, it would be nice to see the ability to have more than just a tenant policy for expiration. Admins should be able to create multiple policies that possibly leverage the classification labels for example.

• Mark Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could leverage the classifcation labels into this feature as well, whereby we could add an expiration policy based on the labels. This way we could assign different polices to the different types of TEAMS.

• Tim Crean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think rather than a whitelist, it would be better to have an “exclude from expiration policy” flag which can be set at group creation. Maybe have it default to false, but if set to True then that group would never be part of expiration policy.

• Paul Salwey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot agree with this more - I'd rather specify the important groups to exclude than list 200 groups that I'd like to expire when they're no longer used.

Feedback and Knowledge Base