Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality needs to be surfaced through the UI for users to be able to do - please do not keep it only for admins...

• Jens Spaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I checked the linked roadmap item. This does not meet the requirement. The roadmap item is about a powershell cmdlet. But the requirement is adding email aliases to an Office 365 group via the portal - as this is supported for DistLists and users.
        Adding an alias already works with a powershell cmdlet, but most of the users like to see this in the portal.

Another intuitive and necessary feature that Microsoft has failed to implement. How many more months do they need to add something so simple?

Its possible via Power Shell - I've just spent and hour or so on phone with Microsoft Technical and after trying everything via the normal admin UI to find a way to make it work, we managed to create multiple aliases for a Group via Power Shell

Office 365 groups are recommended in place of distribution lists, but they have two important limitations: they can't have aliases and they can't be members of another distribution list. The latter could've been used as a workaround for aliases, but even that is not possible.

It's ridiculous how obfuscated Microsoft has made all their groups... why not simplify like Google did and just have type of group instead of having all these limitations and workaround on 4 different types of groups?

• Dave Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many DGs that i would love to change to 365 groups but need multiple secondary email addresses for the 365 group but this functionality is lacking

Feedback and Knowledge Base