Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

To really replace Shared Mailboxes our users need to be able to quickly categorize incoming emails and show that actions have been completed by dragging and dropping emails to a named folder in outlook.

For example accounts payable shared mailbox allows any member of the accounts team to drag an invoice email to another folder to show that it has been entered for processing

1,493 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I can't us an Office 365 group email in the context of a Microsoft Flow, so I am using a service account, then moving the emails to the business group's O365 group mailbox, only to discover I cannot categorize or move into folders? C'mon guys, what's the technical limitation that prevents this from already being a feature?

To be able to replace DL's and shared mailboxes with groups, this needs to be implemented.

• Donal Sugrue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have had significant feedback from our user base that the ability to create sub-folders in Group mailboxes is necessary to properly organize project emails. The current config is not suitable for professional services firms who run large, complex projects.

• Parker Jardine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello O365 Groups Feedback Admin! Are you there? This feature should have been done yesterday! What is the status of this request?

• Chris Kaushal-Bolland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub folders is essential for the mail to be used in a business context. It would also be gray to add the ability to allow categories to emails.

• Pete Hunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the MS advice is "want to share a mailbox with an external tenancy?, use a 365 Group", I'm disappointed no-one thought "Maybe peope will want to use subfolders"

• Darren Thorley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a much needed feature. It is impossible to organise and manage email conversations without this feature and is preventing us from rolling out what could be a very useful tool to our organisation. Also being able to drag an existing email folder containing loads of emails from members mailboxes so that they stay organised in a folder to centralise them is really needed.

• Bob Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a prime reason we are not using O365 groups as much as we would like. No way to organize messages.

please add sufolders for mail organizing,please add sharepoint contact lists to mobile devices

• Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organization was planning to convert all distribution lists and shared mailboxes to o365 groups with teams combo but, although Microsoft is heavily advertising office365 as a next-generation collaboration tool for the teams, lack of subfolders and marking, labelling, flagging the emails is a no-go to us... We were thinking about creating groups and including shared mailboxes as a members but this creates a massive headache in terms of naming policy, possible duplications with email addresses and names for each departments...

Great idea this is, but without those functions, we're being held by Microsoft itself to bring the team collaboration tools to our users.

• Gurshad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My users receiving lot of mail in a day. And it is difficult to mange the group mails without sub-folder. I started to use Group mail function since 2 month ago. And I always receiving negative feedback from my users about it.
        Folder or labeling is important for end user : Sorting, categorization and managing the messages easily.
        Read/Unread Function is a another big problem for Native Outlook App for Windows OS & Mobile Device OS

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The use of Teams and Groups are being pushed in our organization without much planning. As soon as the users and support staff found out there were no Folders or the ability to flag a conversation Item as done we lost interest in it and had to keep on creating and using Shared Mailboxes.

It seems like the Group "Conversations" is intended be be more of a text messaging tool than an email tool. Maybe Groups should have both Conversations and Mail (which should be able to be sorted)???

• RhizoMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is tempting to move to o365 as project support platform, but for o365 to be viable as such, we need to be able to sort group mail in folders. Not to allow it on our platform would be oxymoronic as none of our projects in need of a support platform is so trivial they can do with a flat mail structure.

• Eric Alcott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really keeping a lot our users from wanting to use groups (and therefore teams). Its hard to explain that groups come with a mailbox but its not really a mailbox to them because they cant have a folder structure.

yes, debating to move an enterprise over from G-Suite, but without this functionality. Please escalate and get it done. thanks!

• L-E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello MS! Are you still THINKING ABOUT IT... cmon... lets fix this now!

I too have had to revert from groups due to the inability to categorize and/or flag the status of an email/convo. Accounting needs to know that someone has touched something, and without a flag or folder there is just no way this is workable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base