Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

To really replace Shared Mailboxes our users need to be able to quickly categorize incoming emails and show that actions have been completed by dragging and dropping emails to a named folder in outlook.

For example accounts payable shared mailbox allows any member of the accounts team to drag an invoice email to another folder to show that it has been entered for processing

990 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continuing to echo the support for this functionality. As other have mentioned if there is a way to create subfolders inside of groups combined with the ability to drag and drop email into group folders / subfolders, then you have built a detailed and fully function project-based / group-based email solution. Our organization is literally paying for a third party solution that creates this functionality as an add-in to Outlook. We have remote project teams that need a method of storing email in a common mailbox where multiple users contribute and then all benefit from the holistic nature of a common mailbox folder. Please let me know if more information will help in any way as we will certainly help however we can with this item as well as dragging email into Group conversations / folders.

• Nick Veeken Giant ICT B.V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matthew Jones is correct! Please create this functionality. I've got several customers waiting for this option so they can migrate their e-mails from public folders to Groups.

• Matthew Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The above link is not relevant to the title of this suggestion. Sub folders in group emails would be extremely helpful and add to the concept of unified working etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folder structure in Group Mailboxes is seen as an absolute necessary for our organisation

• Vivek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the comments, creating folders is becoming quite an essential use case to keep Group mailbox consistent with the User and Shared mailbox experience.

This is essential functionality for a mailbox and should never have been left out.
        This, along with the option to drag/drop emails into the Group mailbox from a personal mailbox is a must-have for our business.
        Uptake from the business will falter without it.

• Don in LV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh no, you mean I can't drag and drop incoming emails into various folders, like I could in "obsolete" Office 2007?

• Yo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin says "working on it" but it does not show up in the Office 365 Roadmap. What is the Feature ID?

For example, the Office 365 Roadmap shows that mail can be marked as read/unread (Feature ID: 27317).

• Teri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, we are lost without a way to organize the group conversations. let us make sub file/folders for conversations

Please advise, as in give an answer not just ignore it, when this very basic (but very much needed) function, of creating sub-folders and dragging one or muiltiple emails into the gorup folders, can be implemented.

• Emanuel Malacarne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently rolling out O365 and wanted to establish it as a substitute for shared mailboxes to streamline our offer of services.
        Having Sub-Folders is one of the requirements of the business, since a lot of teams are organised that way.

• Tomas Paulas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another half a year passed and nothing much going on. I think it is because Microsoft believes that email is dead. It may be so in very far future but not now. As I see it, an effort was put into turning standard exchange mailbox (where group mailbox is hosted) as we know it to something non-standard used for conversations. Now we actually try to tell MS that their investment was not worth of it and we want it back :) I see nothing back in creating standard exchange mailbox together with group to allow people to work as their used to. Why it takes 2 years is a mystery to me.

This is an essential feature for Group mailboxes to have any real value for a team trying to manage large quantities of emails

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Ryan is exactly right. Most everyone I have talked to want sub-folders on O365 groups so a group, team, or department has access to all incoming mail. The sub-folders aid in categorizing this content.

Like everyone else on this thread, this is a must have feature. I'd like to see an ETA for this item.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base