Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

To really replace Shared Mailboxes our users need to be able to quickly categorize incoming emails and show that actions have been completed by dragging and dropping emails to a named folder in outlook.

For example accounts payable shared mailbox allows any member of the accounts team to drag an invoice email to another folder to show that it has been entered for processing

1,208 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating folders within the group mailbox is necessary for us to take advantage of having the outlook option. Its difficult to manage the email as an inbox if I can't organize it to align with our processes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We absolutely need this.
        The goal of a shared group linked to one email address is to allow a team of people to collaborate effectively, and sorting incoming mail is one of the most practical ways to do that.

This would be great! We have a lot of Shared Mailboxes with necessary sub folders. Being able to move these to Groups with subfolders would allow the users to see the content easily from their mobile devices "outlook for ios / android".

My Group Financial Director just asked for this exact thing and I had to disappoint him and put him back on a shared mailbox.

This should also include "Inbox rules' for taking automatic action on an incoming email.

We absolutely need this feature....it would be beneficial in order to move away from shared mailboxes...

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have looked at this extensively prior to converting from shared mailboxes. Without the ability to mark an email as completed or move it out of the conversation into a subfolder,we have no way of communicating that a particular email has been addressed. For example, a invoice comes in to the accounting group email and Melissa enters it into QB’s and archives the pdf to sharepoint. How does Stephanie know that it was already addressed? It either remialns in the conversation or it can be deleted and we lose the history.
        Microsoft is building a powerhouse with O365 but this limitation makes no sense to us.

Users of my company ask me for a way to better organize mails in groups. Folders/tags would be a smart solution. Also, we can't see spam mail folder on groups. Please, improve inbox of groups

• Kenji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ummm, are we still in the thinking phase about this? Can we at least move to the "thinking seriously about it" phase? I couldn't believe this functionality didn't exist until I tried to coordinate resources across a small group of 5 people and got stuck.

• TS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - stop "thinking abut it" and just get this one done!

This is a necessity to make use use Office 365 groups exclusively over shared mailboxes....

This feature would mean my organization moving off of public folders to groups. As it stands now, converting all of our mail enabled public folders to sharedmailboxes would create to much clutter in users outlook clients. If O365/Microsoft wants people to stop using public folders and move to groups we would need the ability to create subfolders to sort email.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base