Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

To really replace Shared Mailboxes our users need to be able to quickly categorize incoming emails and show that actions have been completed by dragging and dropping emails to a named folder in outlook.

For example accounts payable shared mailbox allows any member of the accounts team to drag an invoice email to another folder to show that it has been entered for processing

1,738 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Winnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop thinking about this and just do it. There is no need to think about this. This should be top priority.

• Greg M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to have folders is a critical feature to being able to use groups. Most organization users, when told of the lack of folders, choose to use shared mailboxes even though shared mailboxes lack the capability of signing on from mobile devices. Because Groups have no folders and Shared Mailboxes do not allow mobile signons, the user community in my organization are not really satisfied with the mail component of office 365. And like the previous comment, having rules to move email would be an even better solution.

• Michel CILLIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folders AND RULES (that allow the automatized storage management of incoming/outgoing Emails) should be available... NOW !!! That's so obvious I was not even thinking it was not available :|
        Thats' a MUST

• John Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Microsoft, when are you going to implement this? It should be obvious by the number of votes and comments that users need subfolders. Hurry up and get this done.

• Stutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Es ist enttäuschend, dass die Office365 Gruppen so vieles können, aber anständig die Mail-Kommunikation mit Unterordner zu kategorisieren schaffen sie nicht.

Auch nicht wenn diese als Freigegebener Ordner in OWA eingebunden wurden.

• Martin Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

o365 groups are great. They could be even greater, if it would be possible to create subfolders in the group-mailbox to categorize mails. There are alot of public folders in our company, wich can´t be switched into o365-groups because of this lack.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office 365 groups are very powerful but the inability to categorize email into subfolders makes the workflow not usable. For example, if you have an accounting office 365 group how can you file away an email that someone else already addressed? Quite honestly, we can't figure out what microsoft has in mind with the current approach.

• Eric Ramos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The inability to create sub-folders or at least categorize message threads is very debilitating to functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft suggesting migrate Public Folders to Office 365 group, subfolders should be supported. What do we the subfolders from Public Folders?

Anand

It's nearly impossible to adopt new technology if key features are missing such as subfolders in Office 365 groups.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I have another use case that I had forgotten about where I actually previously moved a function from a shared mailbox to an Office 365 group/team and sorely miss having the ability to sort past emails into sub-folders as it makes keeping track of yearly projects and sub-projects MUCH more difficult.

That was my real first "Groups" mailbox project I didn't realize at that time that Group/Team mailboxes didn't have sub-folders and was a bit upset with the limitation.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy Public Schools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty big loss in using groups versus a Shared Mailbox or even Public Folders. Would absolutely LOVE to see this implemented! Had another use case last week where a team wanted to be able to collaborate on emails together and if we had the ability to move emails into sub-folders as they were worked on/replied to/completed, it would make the process MUCH more useful.

I still choose to use an Office 365 Team (group on the back-end) so we had the other functionally of a team/group available to us if we needed/wanted it, but the mailbox component of it is lacking without having sub-folders access so still hoping this functionality does still get added!

Very strange that you cannot use the groups as a mailbox and organize the mail into Folders. Please add this feature. What use is it to have an archive if you can't organize it at all.

We can't use this without this basic feature.

• schtoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need folders under Groups "File"-Tab!
        If we should to migrate Public Folders to groups we need folders. It makes no sense, that there are folders in the SP-Site and in Teams, but they are missing in Groups.

• fatih commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need to have the ability to create sub-folders in Group mailboxes

• Jeff Meynell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we are about to start a very large project where we will require subfolders to be created in the Group mailbox to be able to properly and accurately manage emails between our Client, our subcontractors and internal staff. The current single Group mailbox will not be an effective way to manage this. Please fast-track the ability to create sub-folders or advise what an interim work-around could be. Many thanks!

• Johan Van Linden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

o365 Groups are great, but we need to have the ability to create sub-folders in Group mailboxes.
        Could you please move this request from 'thinking about' it to 'working on it'? Thanks in advance.

So, I can't us an Office 365 group email in the context of a Microsoft Flow, so I am using a service account, then moving the emails to the business group's O365 group mailbox, only to discover I cannot categorize or move into folders? C'mon guys, what's the technical limitation that prevents this from already being a feature?

To be able to replace DL's and shared mailboxes with groups, this needs to be implemented.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base