Reply as group address in Outlook
Currently in order to be able to reply a message using the group email address instead of the user's, several steps have to be performed:
- Grant access to every user in the group using Powershell (Add-RecipientPermission -Identity $recp.Name -Trustee $user -AccessRights SendAs)
And then the users have to do, everytime, for every email they reply:
- Dettach the reply window to open a new one with full capabilities
- Click on 'From:' button
- Select the group email address.
This scenario should be enhanced to:
- Enable SendAs rights to the group so users inherit the behaviour of the group (and a parameter on the web to enable it)
- Allow choose the reply address in the 'conversation window' in Outlook 2016/Web (or at least remember the last chosen option)
Todd Edwards commented
This suggestion was brought up twice with a microsoft employee marking the first as done. It was not done however, as it did not take into account what the actual suggestion was.
Owners of the group should have access to add ability to members of the group to send as or on behalf of. This should not have to be escalated all the way to the companies IT department, because the owner of the group doesnt have Office 365 admin permissions for the whole company.
Shouldnt hve to change the from field manually each time replying on behalf of group by opening the conversation up in a new reply window