Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Calendar permissions

Please make it possible to set Calendar permissions to read only so that it's possible to have a group calendar that can only be edited by selected members of the group.

617 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
snoozemode shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • WhiteJediGuy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am able to find the AccessRights for a group mailbox by using:
    Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "<O365 Group E-mail>:\calendar" -GroupMailbox

Is there a way of changing the access rights?

This does not work, unfortunately:
    Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "<O365 Group E-mail>:\calendar" -GroupMailbox | Set-MailboxFolderPermission -User "Member@local" -AccessRights ReadItems

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should have been part of the base framework from the very beginning. That it wasn't is negligence.

All the rights that people enjoy for calendars on their accounts on in shared or resource accounts should also be extended to group calendars in Office 365. I regard this as an oversight to deliver less functionality. Further, I think the permissions model should be available at the group level but also granularly for each resource attached to the group.

Would be great to have the lock down on group calendar - or another way of creating calendars with the same simplicity of groups, with support for Category colours which isn't the case with usual sharing of mailboxes/public folders etc

• Mike Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add another use case, I'd like to be able to expand permissions on a group calendar, to allow our whole organization to read a private group's calendar but only group members to edit.

• Jim Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating Sharepoint sites is nice, but it takes more admin overhead, user training, etc. Groups is easy for users to grasp and use, so permissions would be a minimal training curve. Please include calendar permissions in Office 365 Groups.

• Rich Kettley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were possible for me to apply more "votes" to this feature I would. We desperately need this. I can't tell you how many times we've had a non-technical person send a group invite to go with him to some random (often non-business related) place, or to cancel an entire meeting for 150 people because he wasn't coming and thought he was simply taking it off of "his" calendar. We have done training on this and they still make this mistake. I would LOVE to be able to remove this ability from group members and only allow the admins to add/remove calendar items, files, etc.

• Edward Liu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just realised that I can change the calendar of anyone in the group. Cannot set only read permission. No good.

We want to be able to set the same permissions in theO365 Group calendar as we do in Public Folder calendars. We cannot migrate Public Folders to groups yet without this feature.

Yes please. We are trying to move all our calendars out of public folders into Groups, but this limitation is holding us back.

• Selina White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I encouraged a group of people to use an Office 365 group for the calendar. They wanted to lock down who can edit the calendar. I did not know you could not assign calendar permissions.

• Matt Mendenhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also vote for this feature to be implemented. We want to allow an executive assistant to be the only person allowed to add or edit events.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base