Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Import/Export 365 Group Calendars calendars from file (eg csv)

Like you can with an Exchange account.

357 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex Melching commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I just worked with Microsoft Support on this issue and here's what I found in the process. Can definitely view in list view and copy all calendar events from a calendar to the Group calendar. If you copy all at once and there are events that are a series they will not upload to the Group calendar. Selecting all events that are not a series and copy, good to go. So just copy the select occurrence once to the Group calendar and then get someone to edit them and make them reoccur again. Hope that helps for now...

• dpsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part 2:

The process of saving off the contents of the source calendar to an ICS file and then attempting to import it into the target Office 365 Group calendar is not possible. The only target of the import of the ICS file is the "current user's" Calendar. There is no option to select another one (e.g. the Office 365 Group calendar)

• dpsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big issue for our organization. We have quite a few shared calendars which need to be migrated to their new Office 365 Groups.

This process STILL does not work in the full Outlook Client:

1.) Switch to the "List View" of the source calendar (Shared Mailbox)
    2.) Select all entries & copy them
    3.) Switch to the "List View" of the target calendar (Office 365 Group)
    4.) Paste the entries

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I put it over 300 votes but it will not come in time to help me. Appalled that this was not easier.

Linked to request, to be able to export group shared cals to csv and ical also for group cals to have their own category tags independent of individuals category tags. To use category tags in a shared cal they need to have shared meaning.

• Alexander Lindberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    I really think that the overall handling of calendars in O365 could be more "unified", sharing/permissions, importing/exporting, copying/moving of events, etc.

Why is there such a barrier between personal and group calendars?

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stunned that I have to vote for basic necessities, no idea I can't migrate our shared google calendar

• Nilesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone,

As of now we can not import ICS directly.

if you have time I have manual way to do this.

you need to drag and drop ICS file to group Calendar.

Once done it will open the file click on save and it was be saved on group calendar ( make sure only group Calendar is selected)

There is a way to get around this, though it is convoluted. You can import the calendar into Outlook. Then export it as an Outlook calendar. Then import to the Shared Calendar.

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That’s no help. It doesn’t work for groups!! MS had to leave something out! Ridiculous!!!

• Mario P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys are you meaning to tell me you have come up with a full blown nice solution with App included to support group calendar yet we can not import/export into or out of?

This is just beyond unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a function I have used previously on a daily basis and am disappointed we cannot import calendar items on a Group calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base