Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Turn Off Footer at the Bottom of Group Emails

When I use my group email address this message appears at the bottom:

"You're receiving this message because you're a subscribed member of the XXXXX group.
View group conversations | View Group Files | Unsubscribe"

I want to be able to turn that off because I don't want other people who are cc'd, to want to attempt view or join the group. Just confusing to them and it's not something they need to think about. I often cc the group when I email to outside people and there is no need for them to know about the group and try to join it etc.

427 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MrMyth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many variations of this in the forums that seem to be totally ignored by Microsoft.
        Huge security and transparency issues putting unwanted junk on emails - people need to be able to customize or totally disable this footer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

another person for same reason-- - all this does is promote the darn thing we're trying to keep discreet. . .

• Lukas Skabrada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not think this is a complex change that would require a lot of programming and testing. It is really hard to believe, that for last 2 years there was no available capacity in Microsoft team to implement such a simple functio. It is more important to implement Weather Sharepoint Webpart or Typing indicator on mobile

• Nutcha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have been office 365 for almost a year, but will probably be leaving soon.

Is it that hard to add this function? Please at least explain why you aren't fixing it.

• Rosalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over two years and still no resolution for the unmovable footer is a disservice to all. Take the time to make this right and give us the option to remove this irremovable footer

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like a option to turn off the Office 365 group "unsubscribe" feature - as some of our customers are not receiving forwarded emails because they are being spammed or not even arriving - because this contains an external URL.
        Please give us the option to remove this from the groups ( if required )
        Thanks

Ditto. Just added groups to get around another issue we have with sending emails from different domains via the same mailbox.

So annoying even the work around using a group has problems!

• Scott Carlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there really no plan to implement this yet? An irremovable footer added to the bottom of emails sent to a group was a poor design decision...

MrMyth shared this idea · Feb 23, 2016

Hey MS, I think this one needs immediate attention.

• Mathias Hofmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even worse, the German translation of the link text is very poor and embarrassing for our organization and for MS. Please turn off the footer asap. If this will take some time at least fix the translation.

• Mohan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did we get the following on the footer of my email when sending to the staff Group….

Recibe este mensaje porque es miembro del grupo AGI Staffs. Si no desea recibir mensajes ni eventos de este grupo, deje de seguirlo en su bandeja de entrada.

Ver conversaciones de grupo | Ver archivos de grupo

Please help to sort this issue

"Really need the option to turn off. This is stopping us from migrating out lists to groups."

This is one of my main issues, so I can't agree with you more. Also, it's been a year and why haven't we heard from them yet?

"Really need the option to turn off. This is stopping us from migrating out lists to groups"

Same. Cant pitch this idea until then

Really need the option to turn off. This is stopping us from migrating out lists to groups.

• Jonathan Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need a solution for this as well. It's causing confusion to user and alot of overhead to us...

The same here. This is a main issue. Especially when we forward email we've to clean O365 mess.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base