Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

Add Planner task to Group Calendar and Assigned Resource Calendar automatically

Love the ability to add task to a group with Planner but please have task that have an expiration date automatically add themselves to the Group calendar and the Assigned resource's calendar automatically.

761 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BChuck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft, it's almost a year (3 days left to one year) since you made a feedback on this idea. Any updates for now? We really hope that you can make this happen, as this will help so many teams that are relying on Office 365 :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I link the Planner tasks to the Outlook Calendar, it creates a new calendar in the Other Calendars group, rather than adding tasks to the Group Calendar already created when i created the Group. How do I link to tasks to the Group calendar?

Hi all. new to Planner here.
        I think there are scenarios where it would be useful to add the tasks to the Group calendar (or be able to view them on the group calendar), though I foresee that this would cause overlap between the personal "my tasks" calendar view which displays tasks assigned to the logged in user across all plans AND those in the group calendar (where user is exposing both calendars).
        If there is a task that is assigned to the entire group it should appear in the group calendar (or perhaps the team members should create this as a team meeting or event)?
        The default title/information related to the calendar web part on the team home page is "team meetings" . The information speaks about "events". there is no mention of tasks here
        Also, it could be irrelevant to the logged in user to see tasks that may have been assigned to a team colleague within their own calendar view. This could also be a reason for keeping them separate.
        Perhaps this is a new feature but I note that I get email notifications for late tasks and "tasks due today" (which includes upcoming task also) . So there are some positives to being able to enter due dates to the task.

Or if possible can we add a planner web part to the team site associated with that group/Teams in order to display the task schedule? I'm currently not able to do this. (I don't see a "planner" web part when I try to edit the page)

It is ridiculous this doesn't exist. Get with the times Microsoft. Why have the ability to enter due dates if it doesn't go into your core calendar? What a useless planning tool.

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a MicroSoft failing of late. No interaction between Planner and Outlook, no interaction between MS Project (2013 or 2016) and Outlook. Are they looking at binning Outlook?

• Patty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner is practically useless without a complete integration with MS Outlook calendar.

I was just figuring out how to use Planner for marketing plans. Useless without this feature.

+100. It is a little odd that this wasn't a basic function of the planner as they go hand in hand. Hope to see it roll out soon

This is such a basic feature that it's unbelievable that's its not there.

It's really hampering the integration of office365 in our workflow.

please please please make this a feature as it would be so much easier for our business

Agreed. This is really needed. It's a breakdown in the workflow and it's driving me crazy. Ultimately, I want to avoid having to do one more entry to make it work for me.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base