Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make the Groups feature in Office 365 even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Office 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Sites and document sharing forum in the O365 Community.

How can we improve Office 365 Groups?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Excel Password Unlocker Tool

Use Stella safe excel password recovery software has safe solution that remove excel file password security from all version of excel file as:- 97, 98, 2000,2003,2007,2010,2013,2016 and 2019. Just Download best excel file password remover tool which power for break excel file password and ***** excel file password.

Read more:-https://www.stelladatarecovery.com/password-recovery/tag/excel-password-recovery-software/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use same color for clickable options in a same screen

I would like you to improve a view to edit data from Office 365 Portal > My account> Personal info.
    The Cancel button is shown in black but the Save button in white, so the Save seems like an unclickable option. This is hard to understand.
    It would be great that the same color is used for the Save button as that of the Cancel.
    I would request that clickable buttons in a same screen should be shown as same unified color.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add mail-enabled SG as a Stream member

I can't add a Mail enabled Security Group as a stream member. This requires me to manually maintain the members. Any chance this can be added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Guest Invites for Teams to Private Emails

After a couple of hours or going through everything I could find, it turns out you can not include a guest to Teams if they are on a personal email account. For eg, I was trying to add my home GMAIL account and it would not allow me to invite the email address.

So if you want to invite someone not only do they need a corporate account (the tech told me it has to be an Office365, but reading tells me gmail corporate accounts work too), but you then need to check with them what type of account they…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. sort group members

It would be really good if Group Members could be sorted based on their user names in both Azure Active Directory>Groups and Office 365 Admin > Groups. It's really trick to look at group members and compare them to another list. I know the members can be exported and then sorted that way,but in this instance I was trying to actively edit the list of group members at the same time, so the non-alpha listing made it really tricky to double check my work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need a sample script which allows us to export content search results

Although you provide a sample script to create a content search rule, you do not provide a sample script to export a content search result.
    For downloading the results, we need to go to the Office 365 Security & Compliance, then Search > Content search > Exports > Regenerate report > Generate report. The Results.csv report contains results for different records such as contents title, sent time and date, received time and date.
    I would like to perform the same action by using PowerShell.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Best 7z Password Unlocker Tools.

Get the best 7z password recovery software designed by eSoftTools which is the perfect way to retrieve and unlock lost 7z file password. This password breaker tool nicely works on all windows versions. It comes with three recovery techniques- Brute Force attack, Mask attack, and Dictionary attack. 7z password Unlocker tool instantly recover your lost password by applying any one attack from the given options It also recover password related to alphabetical, alpha-numeric, symbolic and etc, (such as- ABC, xyz, 123, !@# or more characters)

Get More Info:https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restrict users to create only private O365 group from any O365 services

Due to security concern, Can we restrict users to create only private O365 group from any O365 services. or any way to disable/hide public option in Privacy setting while creating O365 group?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Avoid duplication of Alias attributes when creating a group

Alias attribute set in the user created group exactly matches what is set in the admin managed group alias resulted an error occurrence when setting a condition for a transport rule. It would be great to have a feature that can avoid duplication of Alias attributes set on groups created and managed by different type of users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sharing Links fail when sent to Hybrid O365 Tenants or those using 3rd Party SPAM Filters

When a Shared Link (e.g. document, etc.) is sent from a user in one Office 365 tenant to a user in different Office 365 tenant, the expected behavior is to have the document open without needing to logon.

However:

When sending a Shared Link to a user in an Office 365 tenant which is either in a hybrid configuration or if the tenant is using a 3rd party SPAM filter (e.g. Barracuda Cloud), use of the link fails with an error of: "User not found in directory".

We've looked at the MX records of these users and in each case,…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Consistent experience across all access points

If customers have the ability to disable a function, like the ability to leave an O365 Group, for the Outlook client and OWA there should also be a way to disable it for the Outlook mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software

eSoftTools Excel Password Unlocker Software is the best way to recover, remove, & unlock password from Excel workbook within a second. This application technically recover lost excel (.xlsx, .xlsm, .xls, .xlsb, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file password with the use of Brute Force attack, Dictionary attack, & Mask attack. It supports all Excel version 97 to 2019 and Windows 10 with FREE DEMO VERSION.

It can also, unlock Word document and Access file password.

Get More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Connect Sharing Calendar to Outlook for Mac / This function is Greyed out

When you go to sharepoint within the portal and create a new shared calendar, New --> App --> Calender you cannot connect or use this Calender in Outlook for Mac.

You can connect this with the ribbon and Connect op Outlook but only when using Internet Explorer or on a Windows platform.

A lot of extra's just don't work the way they do in Microsoft so there must be more transparancy either you work with MS outlook or Outlook for Mac, iPhone or Android.

This is the why we have Office365, to work with different devices and when buy the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Emailings to Office 365 Group Owners and Members

Please could we enhance the standard mailings that go out for O365 Groups:

Group creation: inform owners and members who has created a new group by their name

Group deletion: inform owners that a group has been deleted and who by. Further enhancement would be to also confirm if an MS team has also been deleted.

This avoids the IT Teams in large organisations needing to step in to investigate and promotes collaboration between members and owners

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Powerpoint 2019 Printing Notes Fails on Existing Decks

My Office 365 subscription recently updated. Since then, I am unable to preview or print the notes of a deck that I had created prior to the upgrade. Microsoft Office 365 chat support tried for 30 minutes and was unable to find a fix.

I am using PowerPoint for Mac 2019 Version 16.24 (19041401).

Please contact me immediately as I need a resolution within the next 9 days.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. eSoftTools Excel spreadsheet password unlocker

eSoftTools Excel spreadsheet password unlocker is a best tool to get back your lost Excel password and remove password protection from Excel ( .xlsx, .xls, xlsm, .xla, .xlam, .xltm, .xlsb) files within a seconds. This application helps to unlock your Excel sheets without any damage, with FREE DEMO VERSION to unlock locked workbook, and show the first 3 characters as a hint of a password. It is easy to use with 3 advanced attack features like Dictionary attack, Mask attack, and Brute force attack. Supported in all MS Excel version 97, 98, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2019…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Outlook PST Repair Software to Repair & Fix Corrupted Outlook PST File

If you want to Repair your Corrupt PST file then you can take help of this Regain Outlook PST Recovery Software that can easily Repair your Corrupt PST file. If you want to migrate your Repaired PST file to Office 365 Account then this Software also allow user to Migrate Repaired pst file into Office 365 and MS Exchange Server. You can easily Export all the items to Office 365 platform in just few clicks.

Get this Software free trial version from here: http://www.outlookpstrecovery.emltopstutility.com/

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop making me acknowledge my own emails in distribution groups

I am on team Zero Inbox and it's pretty annoying that when I send an email to an internal company distribution group whether 5 people or 50, that I get a pop-up alert that I've sent an email to a group that includes myself. Even when I turn off those alerts, in order to get back down to zero and do focused work I have to click my own email to acknowledge it so that it goes from unread to read. Outlook should function more like Gmail in that when you reply to a thread, it shows your reply, but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Simple Way to activate send "as" or "on behalf"

Some of our users want to be able to use the O365 group to send mail "as" or "on behalf".
    Is it possible to add a possibility to activate this feature with a simple checkbox on the O365 group to limit the impact in terms of administration?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. eSoftTools Excel Unlocker Tool

eSoftTools Excel Unlocker Tool is a perfect solution ever to re-open locked excel (.xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xls, .xla, .xlam, .xltm) file password without harm any saved data. This program design has the capacity to recover, remove, & unlock excel password combination like alphabetic, alphanumeric, numeric, & symbolic character with the help of Brute Force attack, Dictionary attack, & Mask attack. It supports all Excel versions 97 up to 2019 and Windows 10 (32-bite & 64-bite) with FREE DEMO VERSION.

You can also unlock Word document and Access file password using this software.

Get More Info:- https://www.excelunlockertool.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Office 365 Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base