Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make Microsoft 365 Groups even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Microsoft 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Microsoft 365 Groups Tech Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google Calendar support in Outlook 2016 for Windows

I notice the announcement that Outlook 2016 for Mac will incorporate support for Google Calendar and Google Contacts.

I have been waiting since the Google / Microsoft break-down happened for this functionality to be installed.

Now it's only for Mac?? When is it coming for Windows 10 versions of Office / Office 365?

Thanks

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable notification about shared calendar permission change/update

Please have an option to disable notification about shared calendar permission change/update so it will not send out an email with title "I've changed permissions on a shared calendar" whenever someone updated their share calendar permission.
    Please provide this option in outlook and outlook 365 admin console; so we can change the setting globally in our organization.

Thank you

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Chat - delete threads or messages

Teams chat quickly becomes very cluttered with junk. I want to be able to delete an entire chat thread if its no longer useful. I want to be able to delete a specific message in a chat thread. Sometimes they have annoying stickers or GIFs, or it was sent by mistake.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide User Created Groups from Address Lists

I know that through powershell I can hide the groups from address lists but that is only after they are created. I can setup a task that runs this "Get-UnifiedGroup | Set-UnifiedGroup -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $true" but I would prefer if I could set it up so that when a user creates a new group that by default the -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled is set to $true instead of $false.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Upload network

the import service for your region has not been rolled out yet. Upload network in South africa

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove or disassociate O365 Group association from SharePoint site or Teams

There is no option to remove O365 Group association from a SP site or Team. This would be needed in situations where an established SP site or Team was accidentally associated to an incorrect O365 Group (or vice versa) and when an organization shifts where it is easier to re-associate an established SP site or Team to a new O365 Group.

This is a feature gap with the O365 Group service that will only grow as usage increase over time. To mitigate this gap, we had to migrate an established SP site to a temp location to remove the O365…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cross tenant shared mailbox

Given Company A and Company B each having a O365 tenant and they would like to work closed together on Mail. So please allow users from A to be added to B's shared mailboxes. This would allow multiple benefits - including more cross-company collaboration with the Business features, while maintaining security. In addition, company A & B could share a internet mail domain.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to change the default icon that represents a Group or Distribution List

An admin should be able to change the default icon that Microsoft uses to represent a Group or Distribution list within Office 365 since others within that organization will see that icon.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rename "Shared Documents" to "Documents"

I like that the URLs generated by OneDrive for Business much cleaner, without query strings and such. But it would be even better if the "Shared Documents" portion was renamed to Documents, getting rid of the space in the URL.

Instead of:
    https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/groupname/Shared%20Documents

It could be:
    https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/groupname/documents

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. mass-delete conversation messages

Deleting items from a conversation is clumsy! I have to delete each one separately. This is a huge problem especially If I turn on the Twitter or RSS feed connectors. There could be hundreds of messages over a few days. We need to be able to select large blocks of messages and delete them at once.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prefix email subject with group name when sending messages to group

It would be great to be able to prefix emails sent to a group with the group name (e.g. "[Team Name] Subject of email")

This would allow users to see at a glance what emails have been sent to the group, and/or apply filters to move the messages into a particular folder.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting.

Navigating to a group in Outlook 2016 or OWA left navigation is the premium experience for catching up on conversations in a group context.

If you want to filter email sent to a given group in your inbox, consider using the to:gorupaddress search in Outlook or OWA.

12. Deactivate Yammer (Admin Choice)

Deactivating Yammer should be an Enterprise Option, Just as we "the client" test out your new features we would like to have the final decision, whether or not to use your add-on features, and since my company is more comfortable working with SharePoint NewsFeed, I would like to Remove All Yammer links from SP, as well as Hide the PINNED Tab

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase the number of owners allowed for a Microsoft Stream group

Allow up to 300 owners for a Microsoft Stream group so large organizations can allow lots of video contributors without giving everyone access.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a "Groups" icon to the Office 365 menu

I would like to be able to click the Office 365 menu (the "waffle") and choose "Groups".

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to categorize mails (and maybe also files) in a group with color flags like in regular mailbox. It would make the adaption easy.

When we look from a user point of view the functionality in the different should be similar. Whether it is in a mailbox, an archive, a shared mailbox or a group, the same actions to organize (follow up, categorize, move...) for a user should be available to avoid confusion. Today we notice that users are reluctant to switch to a group because basic functions are missing to get organized amongst a team.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Convert Distribution Group to Security Group in Exchange Online

Dear Microsoft Office 365 Team,

At this time, my team want to convert more than 500 Distribution Group to Security Group in Exchange Online.

We find a solution but seem like don't support command to resolve this problem. I think your team need update feature to flexible for manage.

Thanks team.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search groups by email address (group ID) in Microsoft 365 admin center

I cannot get a search result of groups although entering the groups’ email address in the Microsoft 365 admin center search box.
    I can search with the group name, and I remember that I could search groups with email address (group ID) previously.
    So, I would like you to enable the search box in Microsoft 365 admin center to search groups with email address again.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow group calendar to import .pst file

Import calendar information from a file into a group calendar the same as you can for other calendars in users and shared accounts.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add email moderation to Office 365 Groups (as it exists for Distribution Lists)

The majority of our groups are Office 365 Groups (the Microsoft recommended option when creating a group) as we utilize the Teams/SharePoint/etc integrations those have, but it's entirely lacking the ability to moderate emails sent to those groups. We can restrict who can send to the groups with Exchange, but once someone has access they can send whatever they want. Please add the moderation process option that distribution lists have to O365 Groups.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PowerShell cmdlet to follow Groups

Provide a PowerShell cmdlet to follow Groups, to add or remove this for individual user social profiles.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base