Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make Microsoft 365 Groups even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Microsoft 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Microsoft 365 Groups Tech Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reply as group address in Outlook

Currently in order to be able to reply a message using the group email address instead of the user's, several steps have to be performed:

• Grant access to every user in the group using Powershell (Add-RecipientPermission -Identity $recp.Name -Trustee $user -AccessRights SendAs)

And then the users have to do, everytime, for every email they reply:
    - Dettach the reply window to open a new one with full capabilities
    - Click on 'From:' button
    - Select the group email address.

This scenario should be enhanced to:
    - Enable SendAs rights to the group so users inherit the behaviour of the group…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. O365 Group Calendars in iOS Apps

Please let us see and edit O365 Group calendars in the Groups iOS app (bonus would be to also see in OWA and Outlook apps) There doesn't seem to be any way to see the group calendars from a mobile device. Thanks!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow period in distribution group list

The new distribution group list does not allow period in the email address. We have used this format for all our existing distribution list and although we can change it but it would look funny as some of our older email address uses Period as a spacer while the new ones are using underscore.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to create a calendar event that only appears on the group Calendar.

When a person belongs to several groups, the personal calendar becomes unmanageable. Weeding through meetings and appointments that a person may not need to attend or see is time consuming and frustrating.

Adding an optional appointment type that stays on the group calendar only, would eliminate 90% of the shared calendars we have, keep the personal calendar manageable, and more importantly, keep the information all in one area.

One Calendar, that is multi-functional.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If you want OWA (Office 365) Groups to succeed enable "Send To" on documents so we can easily move them to our full SharePoint Sites

OWA Groups will become "Data Silos" like file shares were. The main reason SharePoint became so popular was to AVOID Data Silos. Groups will be used for projects but those documents eventually need to go to the Department Sites to be accessible to everyone. I don't understand why you used OneDrive Site Collections instead of just enabling Groups to be used with existing SharePoint Sites. BAD MOVE!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow me to upload files to my document library from the Groups app

I wanted to be able to upload a file from my mobile device directly into the document library. I would prefer native upload, however use of OneDrive like in the SharePoint mobile app for iOS would be acceptable. Currently I have no way to add a file to my group files, I can view only.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Publish documentation on admin roles of the Unified Group

We're trying to change the default smtp address of a Unified Group. We would expect our Exchange admins to be able to manage this. When following this documentation, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt432940(v=exchg.160).aspx, we discover that the admin must be in the following role groups:

Organization Management
    Recipient Management
    Id Admin
    Service_account

After this failed, we took the case to Office 365 support. There they instructed us that this must be done by someone with Global Administrator role. The only documentation for this reality is located here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-an-Office-365-group-in-the-admin-center-74a1ef8b-3844-4d08-9980-9f8f7a36000f

This article makes the following general statement. "While users can create an Office 365 group…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "All files" view

As a consultancy that makes a living "selling" O365 to our customers, we are currently "dogfooding" groups in our own organization. One thing that people have a hard time figuring out is the concept "shared with us".
    I tell people i shared the file to the group, and they get back with "it's not there", since they did not look inside the "shared with us" view.
    I guess the concept "sharing" is vague, since this could mean I shared it from my own OneDrive or shared it to the group by adding the file to "Files" in the group.
    Hence…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to toggle External Sharing for an Office365 Group (and perhaps based on Classification)

Ability to toggle External Sharing for an Office365 Group (and perhaps based on Classification)
    With Groups you can set Sharing with External from a Tenant perspective but there are no direct end-user controls to allow or disallow external sharing per group.
    Owners should be able to enable/disable the ability for the group to be shared with external.
    Building upon this though;
    Recently the Classification feature has been introduced to Groups and my second recommendation or feature wish would be to link the ability to share a Group with external based on the classification.
    E.g. :
    - If classification is: "Internal"…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create dynamic security groups

Let admins create dynamic security groups, like you are able to, with dynamic Distribution Groups.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest we can recover a deleted group in a short of period of time

I suggest we can recover a deleted group in a short of period of time

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include ability to add an external email address that is associated with a mail contact to a modern group

Currently, we can add eternal email addresses to a modern group successfully. However, it will fail fi that external email address is found in the address book as a mail contact. We have over 30,000 of these external contacts in our address book that will fail if tried. Try something like testuser1@live.com and it succeeds.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need method to audit external sharing for Groups.

How does an Admin know what's been shared? With whom? RMS can probably handle some of the concerns, but there should be some level of information available OOB when things are shared externally. Additionally, there should be ways to alert on this information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. contact

Allow Exchange organization contacts to be added as guests to O365 Groups

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rss feeds in Groups should be able to be deleted automatically after a certain amount of days.

Rss feeds in Groups should be able to be deleted automatically after a certain amount of days

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a tile for the Teams App Launcher

Add a tile on the O365 app launcher for Teams. Eliminates needs to launch Teams through Teams.Microsoft.com. Integrates the experience with the rest of the solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide each Office 365 Group's OneDrive with at least 1 TB of storage per Group

With each OneDrive for Business employees getting 5 TB by default wouldn't it make sense to help embrace coloration using o365 Group's OneDrive with similar space? I am under the impression that it currently coults again Sharepoint limits on 1TB + only 500 MB per employee and is all pooled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show Yammer provisioned groups in Groups App and Outlook client

Office 365 groups that have been provisioned from Yammer are not visible either in Outlook client or the Groups App. This needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not send email notification to Auto Renewal Active Groups

When a group is active in used, owner shall not receive any renewal email notification. The auto renewal shall be done at the backend.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base