Allow simple export or migration of Groups emails
Right now there is no way to archive the message thread of a Group. It would be nice to be able to convert a Group to a Shared Mailbox, or easily export contents to a PST. You can't copy messages to another folder in Outlook, all you can do is forward individual messages. When we're done with a group, we often want to archive the messages. It would be nice to be able to take all the messages and dump them into a folder in a Shared Mailbox, or even convert a group to a Shared Mailbox.
Derek Gabriel commented
Blows my mind this option is still unavailable...
I just found a workaround to export emails from a Office 365 group in Outlook.
- Select all messages (ctrl+A)
- Right mouse button > Forward
- Click the arrow on one of the attachements > Select All
- Click the arrow on a attachement again > Save As
- Save the emails to an temp folder
- Drag all the .msg files into an folder in another mailbox
For exporting a couple hundred emails, this method works fine.