Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make Microsoft 365 Groups even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Microsoft 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Microsoft 365 Groups Tech Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Permission Management

Similar to OneDrive for Business/My Site, provide an admin option (global) that grants a particular group with default Read. Right now, all PUBLIC Office 365 Groups provide "Everyone except external users" Read. It would be good to open that up so it's configurable.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Renaming Email Address or Adding Alias

IN order to accept emails from outside organization and having multiple tenants, option to rename email address or add another SMTP address as primary SMTP should be there. We cannot encourage users to use Office 365 Groups unless the email address is organization friendly.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color Code Group Tile!

I would like to control the color and theme of each of my groups without having to upload a picture onto the tile.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Group icon needs to show on OneDrive for Business pane in Win7

Please allow the group icon to show (instead of generic heads) on the OD4B pane in Windows 7. They show on the email pane, but not the OneDrive pane. This only applies to Win7.
    Icons are needed to help students (and others) see which group to click (especially with long titles).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Planner task to appears in Outlook Desktop Client

It would be nice if the Tasks created in the planner using O365 groups would appear under the 'task' section of outlook.

976 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Thanks for this request. We are rolling out the links to planner boards for groups in Outlook desktop from the group card, so that should help get to the planner task list.
    This request seems to be asking for the Outlook desktop tasks list to also show planner tasks. Can you help us understand the use cases and details on the actions you expect to perform with planner tasks in Outlook?

Thanks.

6. Add Planner task to Group Calendar and Assigned Resource Calendar automatically

Love the ability to add task to a group with Planner but please have task that have an expiration date automatically add themselves to the Group calendar and the Assigned resource's calendar automatically.

831 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for contacts in Contact Lists to be divided/designated into groups by To:, CC: & BCC:

Please allow contacts in a Contact List to be designated as To:, CC: & BCC: , Currently, if you use a contact list, everyone's email in the Contact List is listed in the To: field of the email. While you can take the time to expand the Contact list and drag contacts into the CC and BCC fields, when you have a large Contact List, this is very time intensive. The point of creating a Contact List is to be able to send emails to a group of people quickly and efficiently. This feature is available in Groupwise & Gmail…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delegate Mailing moderation for nested groups

We use nested Security groups/distribution lists within our schools. We set moderation for groups to avoid spamming from students. If we send a mail to a group that is moderated and the nested groups are moderated as well, the message needs to be approved several times.
    Can a feature be set that if a mail to a group has been moderated/approved on a higher level, it is automatically approved for any nested group on a lower level?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please catch your UI up to standards set 15 years ago.

Your current "group" interface is informational, at best. Where is the UX guy going, now make it usable.

I have a company with 100+ groups. I hire a new user. This user needs to be added to 25 of these groups day 1.

HOW IS IT THAT YOU THINK THE BEST WAY TO DO THIS IS TO MANUALLY OPEN ALL 25 GROUPS AND ADD THE NEW USER TO EACH!!!!!???!?!?!?!

Under "Member of" in the users account properties, there should be an "add user to groups" button, with an interface that allows me to checks the groups I want the user…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow daemons using Graph API client credential flow to create/edit/delete calendars/events/membership associated with a Group

The Microsoft Graph API is supposed to allow programmatic access to Office 365 features. We'd like to use it populate staff and student timetables, where each module being taught would appear as a separate Office 365 Group. To do this, we'd need a batch process (probably nightly) that could take information from our existing timetabling database and then use this to update the calendar associated with each group. As this would be done in the wee hours by a daemon process for all users in the University, it needs to use the client credentials OAuth2 flow (ie its allowed by…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to edit their groups' photo while not allowing them to change their own photo

If the SetPhotoEnabled OWA Mailbox policy is set to False, users are also not able to Change the photo of Office 365 Groups they created, which is a flawed design choice. They are however able to Delete the group photo, which is a bug. Please make a seperate "SetPhotoEnabled"setting for users and group and fix this bug.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Offer Share Link to a Office 365 Group / So Non-Members Can View a Public Groups Conversation.

Hi,

I'd like a way to share a link to an Office 365 Group, so that people can view a group's conversation without having to Join.

Also, it is a great way to introduce people to groups that may exist in your system without asking them to go to the Browse and look for the group you want them to check out.

Jason

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Auto save attachments from emails sent to the group email address to the group files

If an email is sent to the group email address (i.e. group@domain.com) and it contains one ore more attachments, automatically save those attachments to the group files. Rather than hunting through the conversations for the correct message with the correct attachment, all attachments can be found in the Group Files.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide User Created Groups from Address Lists

I know that through powershell I can hide the groups from address lists but that is only after they are created. I can setup a task that runs this "Get-UnifiedGroup | Set-UnifiedGroup -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $true" but I would prefer if I could set it up so that when a user creates a new group that by default the -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled is set to $true instead of $false.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group-Level VIEW ONLY Permissions

While I'd like to see some more granular permissions in general, I would like to see at a minimum a VIEW ONLY option assigned to users in a Group / Plan.

Right now everyone is a contributor and everyone can do everything, but there are lots of situations where we want to give situational awareness to certain users, but not let them edit group documents, or potentially delete things (not out of malice, but just unawareness).

You already get at least the basic Viewer/Contributor model on most other services, like SharePoint team sites, Yammer groups, almost all of the project…

834 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See only their groups in Groups list in Outlook Web App(OWA)

Through the Outlook Web App a user can Create a Group. The user sets it up as a private group and then the new group that was created is in the Distribution Lists for everyone to see. Hide these groups so that only group members can see them.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unshare files and Folders in OneDrive Cloud Version

For some reason in the new version of OneDrive in the Web Browser it is not possible to 'unshare' a file or folder that has been shared with you and which appears in the 'Shared With Me' section. This is problematic - over time the list becomes too large and it is impossible to find anything quickly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Planner - Automatically display images from web links instead of uploading an image

In my experience with Planner so far, I have noticed that adding a link to an image shows a default image icon (which seems to disappear and reappear often even when set as preview). It would be good if that image was automatically displayed rather than having to upload an image file.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to change the default icon that represents a Group or Distribution List

An admin should be able to change the default icon that Microsoft uses to represent a Group or Distribution list within Office 365 since others within that organization will see that icon.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow nested distribution group to accept mail from external user.

It would be nice to allow an external facing distro group to be able to forward email to a nested internal only distribution group.

example: I have external facing distro Me@domain.com that clients can email. In that group is another distro .corp.me@domain.com that is for internal use only. It would be nice if the internal distribution group woudl accept mail sent to the external one. This would allow us to keep the internal group pure from outside access but still allow one place to manage users in different departments. The reason is that our external groups rarely change while our…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base