Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make Microsoft 365 Groups even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Microsoft 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Microsoft 365 Groups Tech Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to set Unified Group timezone

I have this scenario:

1. A group calendar has an event

2. A new user is added to the group

3. The new user gets an email about an upcoming event in the group calendar. Problem: the event time in the email body is in PST and at the end of the email there is a message "Dates and times are based on the group's timezone setting: Pacific Standard Time."

Both the SharePoint site of the group and the user's profile has the timezone set to UTC+2 (Helsinki), these settings don't seem to have any effect. I also tried to access the timezone…

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 Groups Expiration - Need Exclusion Feature

What’s really needed is an exclusion list, ex: Expire all groups EXCEPT for these 5 that I really really care about. All the others, let the owners decide if they want to keep them, but these 5, I keep important stuff in there, and I don’t want to sweat it about missing an email and potentially losing all that information.
    Otherwise, due to the dynamic nature of groups, if I set a selected list of groups that I want to expire, I would have to keep coming back to this to keep it updated since any user can self create…

621 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to create folders within 365 Group Conversations / mailboxes

To really replace Shared Mailboxes our users need to be able to quickly categorize incoming emails and show that actions have been completed by dragging and dropping emails to a named folder in outlook.

For example accounts payable shared mailbox allows any member of the accounts team to drag an invoice email to another folder to show that it has been entered for processing

4,312 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    261 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the ability for users to unsubscribe from a group.

Currently there is no option to prevent users from unsubscribing to an O365 group. This can cause undesired behavior for communications to specfic groups or manditory groups such as ALL@company.com.

741 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time Zone settings for Office 365 groups

Users and administrators should be able to change the TimeZone settings in Groups.
    if a new file is added it is always in PST Time Zone which makes no sense at all.

You can work around this by appending this to the group URL: /_layouts/15/regionalsetng.aspx?noredirect=true

And if you browse to the site you have to request access as access is denied even though you are the owner and creator of the group.
    This also doesn't make any sense.

If you're in the first release you can see the "Site Settings" when clicking the Gear Icon but you are always redirected…

1,004 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. optional group welcome email

Whenever someone is added to a new sharepoint group we need a option to "not notify" the user that the user has been added to the group.
    The reason being that email basically serves no purpose other than letting them know which would be okay if it didn't confuse the user byt showing all the thing they can do in the e-mail. This is misleading and unnecessary. If I create a group in PowerBI, they don't get any info regarding Power BI but a general email. The most probable thing a user does after reading the email is click on…

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide private groups from GAL by default

As soon as someone creates a private group, this should by default be hidden from GAL.

There are PowerShell CmdLets which allow administrators to hide/show the groups from the GAL. However this is a post-facto activity. With many users and groups this is very tedious and many times we don't even come know that a group has been created by someone somwhere.

875 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following up on the previous update, if a workload (such as Planner) is enabled for Outlook by default, we don’t plan on hiding those groups from the GAL. The only other scenario currently under consideration where we would hide groups by default is “Secret Groups”. “Secret Groups” would be hidden from everywhere unless you are a member. “Secret groups” is on the Microsoft 365 Groups backlog, but there is no delivery date available at this time.

8. change locale settings for Office 365 group files

Administrators should be able to configure locale settings (including language, date and time settings, time zone, etc) for all new and existing Office365 groups and their files.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Renaming groups: when renaming a group with naming policy applied then the naming policy will be reapplied after renaming the group

Renaming groups: when renaming a group with naming policy applied then the naming policy will be reapplied after renaming the group, meaning there will be double prefixes and postfixes. When renaming groups, it shoud be checked if the pre- and postfixes are already present, and if not be added (again).

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add security groups to an Office365 group with > 400 members

I like to add a security group to an Offic365 group with more than 400 members (440). It seems to work in the interface, but de users arn't added. I like this to share date with all my 440 collegues.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base