Feedback by UserVoice

Microsoft 365 Groups

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome! This is your place to share ideas on how we can make Microsoft 365 Groups even better. While we cannot respond to every post, we are committed to reviewing each one.

How it works

• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites
  • If you have a suggestion that’s not listed yet, submit your own — 25 words or less, please
  • Include only one idea or suggestion per post

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Microsoft 365 Groups!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Microsoft 365 Groups Tech Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Granular delegation and/or approval of group creation

The current state of GroupCreationEnabled in OWA mailbox policies makes it hellacious to delegate or control who can create groups. Customers should be able to easily delegate group creation to admins or "trained" users.

Currently this requires customers to "fork" their OWA mailbox policies, just to have a container on which to set GroupCreationEnabled to true. Then it become VERY difficult to manage as OWA mailbox policies are not "inherited"--any future change to corporate policies has to be deployed across multiple OWA mailbox policies.

Better yet, a group creation request form, with "approval" delegated.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "All files" view

As a consultancy that makes a living "selling" O365 to our customers, we are currently "dogfooding" groups in our own organization. One thing that people have a hard time figuring out is the concept "shared with us".
    I tell people i shared the file to the group, and they get back with "it's not there", since they did not look inside the "shared with us" view.
    I guess the concept "sharing" is vague, since this could mean I shared it from my own OneDrive or shared it to the group by adding the file to "Files" in the group.
    Hence…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide each Office 365 Group's OneDrive with at least 1 TB of storage per Group

With each OneDrive for Business employees getting 5 TB by default wouldn't it make sense to help embrace coloration using o365 Group's OneDrive with similar space? I am under the impression that it currently coults again Sharepoint limits on 1TB + only 500 MB per employee and is all pooled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rss feeds in Groups should be able to be deleted automatically after a certain amount of days.

Rss feeds in Groups should be able to be deleted automatically after a certain amount of days

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show Yammer provisioned groups in Groups App and Outlook client

Office 365 groups that have been provisioned from Yammer are not visible either in Outlook client or the Groups App. This needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to toggle External Sharing for an Office365 Group (and perhaps based on Classification)

Ability to toggle External Sharing for an Office365 Group (and perhaps based on Classification)
    With Groups you can set Sharing with External from a Tenant perspective but there are no direct end-user controls to allow or disallow external sharing per group.
    Owners should be able to enable/disable the ability for the group to be shared with external.
    Building upon this though;
    Recently the Classification feature has been introduced to Groups and my second recommendation or feature wish would be to link the ability to share a Group with external based on the classification.
    E.g. :
    - If classification is: "Internal"…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. External Address can't be added to Office 365 Group if it's in GAL

We have came across to this issue and found that we cannot add any External Address in Office 365 as Guest if it's already in GAL. We have UGAL setup which sync contacts from different Tenants due which we are not able to Add other Tenant Email Address as Guest. Also we don't get option to Add Mail Contacts in Office 365 Groups as normal Member it only shows Mailbox lists. I understand that this is a Limitation of Office 365 Group. Kindly Look into this and fix this.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to create a calendar event that only appears on the group Calendar.

When a person belongs to several groups, the personal calendar becomes unmanageable. Weeding through meetings and appointments that a person may not need to attend or see is time consuming and frustrating.

Adding an optional appointment type that stays on the group calendar only, would eliminate 90% of the shared calendars we have, keep the personal calendar manageable, and more importantly, keep the information all in one area.

One Calendar, that is multi-functional.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a tile for the Teams App Launcher

Add a tile on the O365 app launcher for Teams. Eliminates needs to launch Teams through Teams.Microsoft.com. Integrates the experience with the rest of the solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Give access to Microsoft Teams to EDU tenants as soon as Yammer integration to groups will be available

This way, we won't propose two important changes to our group managers at two different times. The first change that is coming in a few weeks is the possibility to use Yammer instead of Outlook in our groups (have been waiting for it for a long time). The second is the possibility to use Microsoft Teams (just WOW).

We feel that if our group managers have to make the fisrt choice (Outlook or Yammer for the conversations of the group) at a time when Teams isn’t available, it’s going to be very frustrating when Teams will becomes available. We think…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include ability to add an external email address that is associated with a mail contact to a modern group

Currently, we can add eternal email addresses to a modern group successfully. However, it will fail fi that external email address is found in the address book as a mail contact. We have over 30,000 of these external contacts in our address book that will fail if tried. Try something like testuser1@live.com and it succeeds.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. contact

Allow Exchange organization contacts to be added as guests to O365 Groups

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unsubscribe button that actually unsubscribes

Currently unsubscribing from a group does not actually stop emails from being sent to your personal inbox.

The behaviour should be: If a user unsubscribes from a group, they are unsubscribed. Yes, it seems obvious, however Microsoft acknowledged the intended behaviour for unsubscribing is to still send emails to the unsubscribed user's inbox.

For more context see the forum thread.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeoutlook-msowin10/office365-group-unsubscribe-still-receive-email/efaa297e-55de-4c11-afe9-43ceb9da31f8

297 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. During setup of Office 365 Groups, have "Let people outside the organization email the group" be part of setup

During setup, the "Let people outside the organization email the group" isn't an option to check or uncheck. The option is part of the "Edit Group" along with all of the other information and options that was entered during Group setup. Would it be possible to harmonize the information on the Edit Groups to the setup process? I use Groups to track conversations for projects and we have outside suppliers that provide great information that needs to be shared.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow period in distribution group list

The new distribution group list does not allow period in the email address. We have used this format for all our existing distribution list and although we can change it but it would look funny as some of our older email address uses Period as a spacer while the new ones are using underscore.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Creation of Naming Policy for O365 Groups

Allow Administrators to set naming policy that applies to O365 Groups only, and not all groups. This will allow more organizations to better mange groups and open up more self-service. One idea is ability to have year group was created attached to title of group. For example "O365-(Group name/Project/Department) -Year(year created)" This will allow for yearly review of groups and maintenance.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You use a group naming policy to enforce a consistent naming strategy for groups created by users in your organization. A naming policy can help you and your users identify the function of the group, membership, geographic region, or who created the group. The naming policy can also help categorize groups in the address book. You can use the policy to block specific words from being used in group names and aliases.

The naming policy is applied to groups that are created across all groups workloads (like Outlook, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Planner, Yammer, etc.). It gets applied to both the group name and group alias. It gets applied when a user creates a group and when group name or alias is edited for an existing group.
    See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/create-groups/groups-naming-policy?view=o365-worldwide

18. Need method to audit external sharing for Groups.

How does an Admin know what's been shared? With whom? RMS can probably handle some of the concerns, but there should be some level of information available OOB when things are shared externally. Additionally, there should be ways to alert on this information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share group files/folder with external users

Please provide immediate feedback on this issue.

I have multiple clients using Office 365 Groups however without the ability to share group files and folders they will be dropping this feature and have threatened to drop Office 365 all together. This is affecting multiple Clients and is a real "black eye" for Office 365 since this shows a lack of consistency across the features of Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Libraries and OneDrive.

I have noticed the feedback from Microsoft is very slow on this site if at all. I know you are reading this comments and need to see more…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    boom! it's done  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow me to upload files to my document library from the Groups app

I wanted to be able to upload a file from my mobile device directly into the document library. I would prefer native upload, however use of OneDrive like in the SharePoint mobile app for iOS would be acceptable. Currently I have no way to add a file to my group files, I can view only.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Microsoft 365 Groups

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base