Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom fonts in Word Online

Our company's official font we use for all our documents doesn't exist in Office online.
    Please give us a way to upload custom fonts to our tenant using admin center so our users can use those fonts in Word Online

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Localized Office 365 Message Center Weekly digest

It would be great if we could read localized Weekly digest messages in user preferred languages. It’s inconvenient because most of the admins in the organization are not familiar with English.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to provide only the Service Health information to non-admin users.

There are multiple IT departments and Power Users on campus who would like to have access to the up-to-date Service Health dashboard in our O365 tenant. Current this is locked behind a login that has to have the "Service Health" role. the problem with this role is that it will also grant these users access to create O365 support tickets and limited other admin functions that these users are not allowed to have.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Splitted administration by domain

On a tenant with several domains (domain1.com, domain2.com), we would like separate my administration. For example, one admin can only manage domain1.com's objects (Exchange, SharePoint, Azure AD) and the other admin can only manage domain2.com's objects.

It could be feasible by RBAC on Exchange but none on AzureAD/SharePpoint

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure AD Connect - sync Contact objects including their external SIP address (to add Skype for Bus. federated contacts to O365 Directory)

Currently Azure AD Connect does not add a Contact object's SIP address (synchronized from on-premise) to the EmailAddresses attribute in Office 365 if it is an external SIP domain. We would like to populate this SIP address to the Office 365 Directory so we can see the Contact's presence and automatically connect (IM) with these Contacts using Skype for Business. These are federated SIP domains.

Right now the EmailAddresses atribute only gets synced and populated with the SIP address if the SIP domain is registered as an internal domain in Office 365. It seems logical to add the SIP address…

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NOTIFICATIONS FOR SHARED MAILBOXES

PROBLEM
    - When a shared mailbox is created, the customer may be interested in receiving notifications on the OWA icon for incoming emails. When I spoke with office 365 support yesterday, I was told Office 365 does not support that option at this time.

SOLUTION OR RECOMMENDATION?
    - Office 365 engineers may want to look into the matter for future customers. As it stands right now, I will never know when I receive an email and could potentially be losing business because my replies are not prompted by icon notifications.

THE WORK AROUND:
    - After my phone call with Office…

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an External User view to Office 365 Admin Portal

When external users are invited to a site, their account is created and visible in the Office 365 Admin portal > Active Users.
    In this example, I have invited Fabrice from STPSchools. He uses an Organisational account:
    fabricec@stpschools.onmicrosoft.com
    It has been added to my Active Users list as:
    fabricec_stpschools.onmicrosoft.com#EXT#@Webster.net.nz.

As more external people are invited, I want to view and manage them as a separate group. I could view them all using the Unlicensed Users view. But that also includes other unlicensed users in my organisation.

Please create a view to list all External User accounts, separate from Unlicensed…

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know that there is no good way of managing external users in the Admin Portal today and we are thinking about ways to solve this.

8. Welcome e-mail at Mailbox activation

Permit the admin of a tenant to set a welcome message, who will be the first in every new mailbox.
    Permit to set different welcome messages per messaging domain and per user languages.
    Permit to join documents to the welcome email (terms & conditions, confidentiality rules, etc.).
    Permit have html formated welcome message.

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom email rate limit for education

Request is for admins to be able to customize the daily 10k email rate limit per user to a much smaller number. In education, there is no use case where a student would have the need to send this many messages. We are constantly fighting the phishing battle with compromised accounts. Those compromised accounts send 10k messages to other internal users, of which several more get compromised. We would like to be able to set smaller "throttling" or "rate limit" policies for a sub population in our tenant.

132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reset Office 365 tenant

We as Microsoft partner we test a lot off office365 deployments on a test account before we go live. Because of this we have to buy a new domain and certificates to test Exchange ect. What we would love is to do is clear the tanent with domains completly so we can start over.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Changing the .onmicrosoft.com domain and share point web URL

Allow domain admins to change the .onmicrosoft.com domain so the underlying web URL for SharePoint could be altered.

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow reliable synchronisation of on premise thumbnail photos to the cloud where one way sync and dirsync are used by organisations.

Following unsuccessful premier call and forum investigation into synchronisation of a users thumbnailPhoto attribute from on premise AD via Dirsync to the O365 we have been advised that it does not sync reliably and this is currently by design. The workaround offered is to push users images up with a Set-UserPhoto cmdlet and while this works its not a sustainable support method where organisations have many thousands of users.
    We strongly feel that this attribute sync should quite simply work as it does with all the other user attributes. It would allow the users to self service their photos via…

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office 365 Group owner

In Groups under Office Admin Center,

Allow admins to display one or more of the following additional properties/columns:

• Created by

• Primary Contact - in cases where O365 Groups creation is limited to admins

• Department owner

This way, we can sort/filter groups that were created by a particular person or team instead of clicking each entry to find out Owners.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. converting sync with ad users to In Cloud User

A week back, I was able to convert my AD sync users to In Cloud user by simply moving that user from the Local AD OU that was configured to sync the users to Office365 to some other OU. After next Azure AD Connect synchronization, that user account was marked as deleted @ Office365 and moved to Deleted User. I then restore that user @ Office365 and after some time it change to In-Cloud user. I will then replace the old user information / email addresses with the new user @ Office365.

I also perform the same changes in my…

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. eDiscovery export broken when multifactor is enabled

When you enabled Multifactor Authentication on an account, it breaks the ability to export eDiscovery queries to PST via the export tool. I have confirmed this both in testing, and via a support ticket with MS. Please fix this. For security we want our admins enabled for MFA, but this hinders their ability to perform their jobs.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please consoldate all Microsoft services and subscriptions consolidated onto one single invoice instead of many different invoices.

Our accounts payable team complains that they receive many different invoices from Microsoft for multiple subscriptions. They would like to be able to consolidate all of the invoices into one single invoice, no matter how many subscriptions are added or removed.

When you go to a restaurant, you typically receive a bill for all of the items you ordered with one total, rather than multiple bills for each item you ordered. Why can't Microsoft do this same exact thing?

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Onedrive Documents to be Shared with Distribution Lists.

To share a one drive document, you have to list users individually or create a security group. If I have 100 users in one of my distribution lists, I don't want to have to create another security group. That's completely redundant. Also if multiple people leave the company, once again I have to delete them in 2 separate locations.

129 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. External Forward in Skype for Business Autoattendant

Please provide the ability to forward Auto attendant and call queue calls to an external number.

Reasoning: If a queue is not answered within 15 seconds, we would like to forward the call to a "call answering service" or mobile phone number.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cached shared mailbox - cannot search

When searching on a cached shared mailbox in Outlook 2016 no results are returned unless selecting the current folder option.

If cached mode is turned off for the shared mailbox search is more accurate but performance is far slower.

We need the search in cached mode for shared mailbox to be fixed. It works in cached mode for individual user mailbox

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow redirect rules to work even if forwarding is enabled.

Allow redirect rules to work even if forwarding is enabled in the Inbox Rules and vice versa.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If your redirection is set to Store and Forward, then the copy of the messages that is still delivered to the mailbox will have Inbox Rules applied to it.

Redirection happens before Inbox Rules are applied so if redirection is set to Forward only, Inbox Rules will not be applied. This is by design and not something we will consider changing at this time.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base