Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. disable suggested groups

Allow users to disable or unselect the "suggested groups" item in Outlook 365

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tenant-wide LOCALE setting for SharePoint

It's nice that Microsoft have added the ability to have a TIMEZONE setting - for the entire tenant.

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/6835268-tenant-wide-time-zone-setting-for-sharepoint-at-l

BUT - there's no way to set the 'locale'. This is in the regional settings for a SharePoint site.

And so I still have to go to each - and change to "English (Australia)" - otherwise I get the (only American) date format 03/29/2019

WHY didn't this get added with the 'tenant wide timezone' setting ??

I'm a bit surprised - it would have been easy to add LOCALE at the same time ??

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Skype for business (Lync) GROUPS alphabetically. Omitted over many revisions, especially for business.

I have many thousands in my company and interact with individuals mainly by their groups, so as people leave or join the company, my Lync groups content changes. This makes group names my hierarchical focus when I need to contact a resource. To have to look up and down a list of 50 unsorted group names each time, for the specific group I need, so as to contact a resource, is a pain without alphabetical sorting. The feature to sort groups as well as individuals should be a given but MS has left it out in revisions of this product,…

170 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement New-AddressRewriteEntry / Email Address Rewriting

Why has this been removed from Exchange Online? It has been in the on-premise solution for years ...

Address rewriting modifies email addresses of senders and recipients in messages that enter or leave your organization through an Edge Transport server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996806%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Give us the ability to provide read only access to entire mailboxes

We need feature parity between Domino and Exchange online for providing access control to user and shared mailboxes. In Domino I can grant access permissions at the mailbox level. In exchange online I can only grant full access at the mailbox level. I can grant specific access at the folder level in Exchange online but this is a pointless feature in our environment and extremely tedious to implement.

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reset Office 365 tenant

We as Microsoft partner we test a lot off office365 deployments on a test account before we go live. Because of this we have to buy a new domain and certificates to test Exchange ect. What we would love is to do is clear the tanent with domains completly so we can start over.

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow updating of Office 365 with WSUS without SCCM

It's simple. Admins use WSUS to keep Microsoft products up to date. Give us the ability to update Office 365 without having SCCM. This just makes logical sense for people in the real world to update their Microsoft products. Those who don't have SCCM because of cost use WSUS. Microsoft is making our jobs more difficult every day it seems lately.

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Auditing for Mailbox Rules

Auditing should include Mailbox Rules. Currently auditing doesn't show who created, edited, or deleted a rule. This is critical in shared mailboxes where multiple people have access to the mailbox and any number of them have this ability.

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow admin to whitelist addresses to keep the unsubscribe message from being added

Recently messages from a couple of our main campus department accounts started having the message "Getting too much email from Dept A <depta@contoso.edu>? You can unsubscribe" appended to the end of them when viewed in OWA. Since these are official campus mailings and students are not able to unsubscribe from the campus student email list, the message is confusing and could lead to students adding the address to a block list and missing important campus deadlines. We would like the tenant admin to be able to whitelist certain addresses to skip the bulk mail check (which is what…

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Change default language of tenant

After a tenant is created the tenant language cannot be changed. If the tenant was initialy created with the local language of the headquater of a company (not English) there is no possibility to change the language to the best fit for all users, e.g. English.
    That causes that automated mails are sent in the tenants language to users worldwide and that there are mails that have a mixed of languages.
    If should be possible to change the default languange of the tenant after the initial creation.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Welcome e-mail at Mailbox activation

Permit the admin of a tenant to set a welcome message, who will be the first in every new mailbox.
    Permit to set different welcome messages per messaging domain and per user languages.
    Permit to join documents to the welcome email (terms & conditions, confidentiality rules, etc.).
    Permit have html formated welcome message.

164 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to disable "Popular Around Me" in OneDrive

In OneDrive (on the web) --> Shared, there is a new section at the top of the page labeled "Popular Around Me".

OneDrive admins should be able to disable this feature at the tenant level or per user or group.

It currently cannot be disabled.

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add wildcard feature to making searching easier in the Office 365 admin center

We have a couple of clients that have over 1000 accounts and 200 dist lists. It would be so much easier to find what we are looking for if there was a wildcard feature in the search bar, such as * or %

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow User Management role to enable Azure MFA for new users. Currently, only Global Admin can enable MFA

Allow Office 365 New role, or change to existing User Management role to enable Azure MFA for new users. Currently, only Global Admin can enable MFA for a user. Support members can license the user including MFA license, but cannot "enable, enforce, or reset MFA settings for a user in O365 Admin portal.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Giving possibility to import and deploy Office 365 PowerPoint Forms Add-in in Office 365 Admin

As per documentation to insert Forms in Office 365 Powerpoint, the administrator must set "Let users access the Office store".

If you're trying to insert Forms in PowerPoint and at the same time your organization is blocked individual installation of Add-ins from Office Store, but there is no other way to allow using it, except allow users to use Office Store. Due to privacy, security or other reasons, it can't be done.

Organizations haven't another way to install it via Office 365 Admin Console, for example, or as separate Add-in.
    The Idea is creating a separate add-in for Forms Button…

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Changing the .onmicrosoft.com domain and share point web URL

Allow domain admins to change the .onmicrosoft.com domain so the underlying web URL for SharePoint could be altered.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Overview of the SharePoint Online timerjobs

Currently we have no idea when timerjobs are running for SharePoint Online. For example: Search Indexing and the Content Type Hub. We (system integrators) try to give our customers an estimate for configuring SharePoint Online but are very depended on waiting for these timerjobs to run in the background. It would make our lives, and our customers, a lot easier when we at least have an idea when a timerjob is running.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Localized Office 365 Message Center Weekly digest

It would be great if we could read localized Weekly digest messages in user preferred languages. It’s inconvenient because most of the admins in the organization are not familiar with English.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Office365 - Multiple Domains - Shared mailboxes with common start (ie sales@)

Office365 - Multiple Domains - Shared mailboxes with common start (ie sales@).

When you have a single office365 installation that has multiple domains, it is not possible to create the same prefix of an email (ie before the @ sign) for shared mail boxes on the different domains.

For example, if I want to have sales@ on Domain1.com, Domain2.com and Domain3.com, I could successfully create sales@Domain1.com but when I try to create sales@Domain2.com I get an error about the alias already being used.

This has been touched on a number of sites, here is one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Shared-mailbox-with-the-same-email-local-part-can-t-be-created/m-p/258227

There is a work…

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base