Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Download Payment Receipts

I should be able to download payment receipts. Any other product or service i purchase, I get a payment receipt. As a business owner, this is crucial for taxes. I can download invoices via the portal, but NOT receipts. Please add the ability to download payment receipts.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Read rights" only in the Message center.

In the Office Admin Center, we would like to have a delegation option to give certain people (in the domain) “read rights” to see the status in the “Service Status” and “Message Centre”. For instance, an Office 365 adoption consultant, who isn’t an administrator off the Users, Sharepoint, Exchange etc.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement New-AddressRewriteEntry / Email Address Rewriting

Why has this been removed from Exchange Online? It has been in the on-premise solution for years ...

Address rewriting modifies email addresses of senders and recipients in messages that enter or leave your organization through an Edge Transport server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996806%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Skype for Business - Set Caller ID Functions in Admin Portal

There's documentation on how to set the Caller ID options via PowerShell, yet some of the documentation is out of date and not as thorough as it should be. The problem with it is that it's complicated and confusing for simple options that should be available in the Portal under Skype for Business Admin. Most customers wanting to set Caller ID options like Anonymous or a Service Number will not want to use PowerShell for these when it's confusing and complicated to even get a connection to run the proper cmdlets. In addition Mac users cannot use PowerShell to modify…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add usage report for Microsoft Forms and/or Security and Compliance report of all forms in organization

Create a way to report all of the Forms that individual users and Teams/Groups have created in the tenant. Show utilization/usage. Give administrators some insight into how popular the Forms app is and what kind of data is being collected/use cases in the business. Include Forms as part of the content search under security and compliance.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow updating of Office 365 with WSUS without SCCM

It's simple. Admins use WSUS to keep Microsoft products up to date. Give us the ability to update Office 365 without having SCCM. This just makes logical sense for people in the real world to update their Microsoft products. Those who don't have SCCM because of cost use WSUS. Microsoft is making our jobs more difficult every day it seems lately.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. quarantine notification

Need to enable the quarantine email notification send to specific user immediately once the email held in quarantine

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give us the ability to provide read only access to entire mailboxes

We need feature parity between Domino and Exchange online for providing access control to user and shared mailboxes. In Domino I can grant access permissions at the mailbox level. In exchange online I can only grant full access at the mailbox level. I can grant specific access at the folder level in Exchange online but this is a pointless feature in our environment and extremely tedious to implement.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overview of the SharePoint Online timerjobs

Currently we have no idea when timerjobs are running for SharePoint Online. For example: Search Indexing and the Content Type Hub. We (system integrators) try to give our customers an estimate for configuring SharePoint Online but are very depended on waiting for these timerjobs to run in the background. It would make our lives, and our customers, a lot easier when we at least have an idea when a timerjob is running.

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Disable password reset for synced users from admin portal

Currently we have password sync feature for synced users from on-premises to office 365 cloud.

However if we reset the users' password by clicking "reset password" in office 365 admin portal, then the psw will be changed from cloud which even we don't have write back feature.

It seems to have a management confliction for users' password.
    Please help improve this feature, at least for password synced users.

Thank you.

143 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Microsoft Stream data retention policies

Under O365 Security and Compliance, Data Governance, Retention, include stream channels, videos, and groups as a location to apply retention policies.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Localized Office 365 Message Center Weekly digest

It would be great if we could read localized Weekly digest messages in user preferred languages. It’s inconvenient because most of the admins in the organization are not familiar with English.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be able to provide only the Service Health information to non-admin users.

There are multiple IT departments and Power Users on campus who would like to have access to the up-to-date Service Health dashboard in our O365 tenant. Current this is locked behind a login that has to have the "Service Health" role. the problem with this role is that it will also grant these users access to create O365 support tickets and limited other admin functions that these users are not allowed to have.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Service Health Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search for sensitive information types using Content Search for Exchange Online data at rest

Found this article that states: So, while you can’t currently use Content Search to find personal data at rest in Exchange Online mailboxes, you can use the sensitive information types you curate for GDPR to find and protect personal information as it is sent through email.

With breaches happening throughout the world it would be great to be able to do a search for PII information in a compromised accounts to verify if there was PII info in their email boxes that could be potentially released to the public or dark web,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/search-for-and-find-personal-data

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure AD Connect - sync Contact objects including their external SIP address (to add Skype for Bus. federated contacts to O365 Directory)

Currently Azure AD Connect does not add a Contact object's SIP address (synchronized from on-premise) to the EmailAddresses attribute in Office 365 if it is an external SIP domain. We would like to populate this SIP address to the Office 365 Directory so we can see the Contact's presence and automatically connect (IM) with these Contacts using Skype for Business. These are federated SIP domains.

Right now the EmailAddresses atribute only gets synced and populated with the SIP address if the SIP domain is registered as an internal domain in Office 365. It seems logical to add the SIP address…

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need a Teams user right to control sideloading of apps

Currently, once sideloading is enabled in Teams admin, ALL team owners can sideload apps to their team.

Our IT team would like to, I think correctly, restrict access to who can sideload apps for production and test purposes on a per-user and per-team basis.

For example, I am currently developing a bot but our admin has no way to allow ONLY approved users to test their app in Teams.

Please provide enabling external apps as an individual user right in addition to the Teams level setting.

Thanks.

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Users and Admin to subscribe existing group members to group conversations

When new users are added to SharePoint groups, if the "Subscribe new members" check box is not on, the new members are not automatically subscribed. If the box is later checked, only newly added members are subscribed and existing members are not forcibly subscribed. It would be helpful to be able subscribe/un-subscribe specific or all members of a group after they are already in it.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NOTIFICATIONS FOR SHARED MAILBOXES

PROBLEM
    - When a shared mailbox is created, the customer may be interested in receiving notifications on the OWA icon for incoming emails. When I spoke with office 365 support yesterday, I was told Office 365 does not support that option at this time.

SOLUTION OR RECOMMENDATION?
    - Office 365 engineers may want to look into the matter for future customers. As it stands right now, I will never know when I receive an email and could potentially be losing business because my replies are not prompted by icon notifications.

THE WORK AROUND:
    - After my phone call with Office…

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Splitted administration by domain

On a tenant with several domains (domain1.com, domain2.com), we would like separate my administration. For example, one admin can only manage domain1.com's objects (Exchange, SharePoint, Azure AD) and the other admin can only manage domain2.com's objects.

It could be feasible by RBAC on Exchange but none on AzureAD/SharePpoint

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an External User view to Office 365 Admin Portal

When external users are invited to a site, their account is created and visible in the Office 365 Admin portal > Active Users.
    In this example, I have invited Fabrice from STPSchools. He uses an Organisational account:
    fabricec@stpschools.onmicrosoft.com
    It has been added to my Active Users list as:
    fabricec_stpschools.onmicrosoft.com#EXT#@Webster.net.nz.

As more external people are invited, I want to view and manage them as a separate group. I could view them all using the Unlicensed Users view. But that also includes other unlicensed users in my organisation.

Please create a view to list all External User accounts, separate from Unlicensed…

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know that there is no good way of managing external users in the Admin Portal today and we are thinking about ways to solve this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base