Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A simple visual email hierarchy to show the levels of access for email accounts in a business

As a small business owner, most of the IT is carried out in-house. We find the email admin hierarchy for Office 365 extremely difficult to understand. This confusion allowed an IT contractor to gain access to all our email accounts and destroy them all, then hack our website and hold us to ransom. The damage is in the region of $100,000. If we had been able to see clearly and simply the email access hierarchy in our business, we would have identified the risk. As it was, we did not know he had set up global admin access for himself…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete last line of the text in encrypted email of office 365

Please delete the line "Sign in using the following email address: "

this line does not make any sense since the recipient is already signed in to this particular email account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide some way for admins to view auto mapping

Provide some way for admins to view auto mapping

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show the number of licenses for project-based

It would be great if the number of licenses would be shown as project-based in the Licenses page in Microsoft 365 admin center.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Detailed Email Reporting / Metrics / Analytics

I would think a more accurate email activity report would be fundamental for admin users and organizations.

Currently I can get a (7)-(30)-(90)-(180) day breakdown of email activity in and out but that report does not allow me to see the graph by user (it does allow for a table) but the table only shows a breakout of those time periods and does not allow me to have a daily breakdown of activity per user which would be nice.

Thank you, I hope to see this in the near future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Offer granular control over Yammer Sharepoint Online Webpart

Sharepoint Online Yammer webparts currently do not have granular control capabilities to modify features such as spacing of the content within the borders, modification of the background color, and other granular controls.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it easier to setup features for all Microsoft online services

Need simple wizards to setup features that aren't domains and users. Like Teams and telephony. I shouldn't have to go to multiple admin centers to perform a task or turn on a feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Office 365 audit log

From an admin experience of Office 365, we would like to recommend to enable the audit log by default upon creating any new office 365 account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Name not translated in the FROM field of emails sent to users

Can you translate the name of the FROM field in emails that are sent to users. For example, the user creation email which includes the following information: "Microsoft on behalf of your organization" <ms-noreply@microsoft.com>. In addition, it will be interesting for it to be customizable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Import PST files or SharePoint data to Office 365

Microsoft offer a service to import pst files into Office 365 in case your organization does not have sufficient WAN bandwidth or a large mailbox size (e.g. 1TB or more). However, Microsoft does not commit a response time and it is unclear as to how long it takes for the files to be uploaded once they receive the drive. In our case it takes between one and two weeks. There is no proactive notification either leaving the requestor to regularly check when the upload gets processed. With no committed response times, the service is best effort delivery and any attempt…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bulk exporting DL Members and delivery management

Power Shell script for bulk exporting DL Members and delivery management (sending rights) list in a single umbrella

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include a DISPLAY type of switch for Outfile/Export cmdlets

For Outfile/Export powershell cmdlets, include a switch which will also optionally display the results as they are also being saved to the file, but also on the screen/shell window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. receive an email when a tenant administrator log in

I would like to receive an email when a tenant administrator log in to our Office 365 environment.

The mail should be send to different mailadresses so when a tenant administrator logs in after workhours we are notified instantly. It would also be great to receive a message when a failed login happens for the tenant administrator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HOW ABOUT IF MS DOESN'T INTERRUPT THE BUSINESS DAY WITH THIS SIGN-OUT NONSENSE????????

HOW ABOUT IF MS DOESN'T INTERRUPT THE BUSINESS DAY WITH THIS SIGN-OUT NONSENSE????????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow £ sign in password creation

I made a 50 character complex password that exceeded O365 requirements, but it was rejected as weak because it included the £ sign.
    It took me a long time to work out the problem. Please allow the £ sign in PW creation, or warn users it cannot be used. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide Encrytion (OME) without IRM

Provide Encrytion (OME) without IRM. We need the ability to encrypt specific emails with office documents attached. Recipients have trouble with the saved files on their side due to IRM. We would like to turn IRM off but MS Support informs it is not possible without turning off encryption altogether. I like the idea of having IRM but I should have the ability to turn it off or at least configure it. From what I see it is just On or Off. MS Support informed me to post my suggestion here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it an option to get notifications for shared files sent with "Anyone with the link"

When sharing files/folders set to "Anyone with the link" users do not get email notification when the files are accessed or downloaded. This is because of it being anonymous. Give an option to request notification. This is necessary as UserA sends link to ClientA. It is possible ClientA forwards to PersonB. UserA needs to know that both ClientA and PersonB are accessing the files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Archiving by pressing backspace is a trap

We've had several users fall into the trap of Archiving by pressing backspace. Microsoft support recommend we change registry setting to turn this feature off. Is it possible to change this to something like shift backspace?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. DO NOT close or archive unresolved support issues, problems and cases!

Do not close cases without solving the problems. I reported continuous, persistent errors and problems with our mail but Microsoft support closes or archives them repeatedly without offering a solution. It looks like the whole Microsoft support team is incompetent, careless and negligent. Even if I reopen the case, they admit the error, but close or archive them again. Bad bad service!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base