Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password Reset email recipients check name

After resetting a password, there is an option to email the password to certain recipients. It would be nice to just type in usernames for users in my tenant and have that field "check name".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add features that allow users to access certain services and restrict their access to the Office 365 portal only

It would be great if administrators could set a permission for users to use certain services and restrict access to the Office 365 portal, so that we would not need to reset their licensing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Update the “standard views” within the Active Users dashboard to include all newly added “Limited Access roles.”

Currently other than a powershell command you cannot do it via the portal or under a custom view. I would be believe this is an important update as it should be a standard out the box function. It's important to be able to audit/review administrator roles in the portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable chat in Teams Meetings for anonymous participants

Guests invited to Teams Meetings are treated differently depending on whether they are registered (replied to the original Teams invitation & linked an existing MS/O365 account or created a new one) or anonymous: the latter have to be admitted manually from the lobby (good, keep that), and lack access to chat during the meeting (silly--fix that).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice

I would be a nice if you can enable temporary a license to an admin user in the admin center to troubleshoot instead of using the username and password of your end-users.

This is possible using a trial version but a trial version is just one time. I iám looking for a feature which you can use to troubleshoot when you have too.
    For example:
    We had a sharing issue so with a license to our own admin account we could troubleshoot end solve the issue. After resolving the issue we removed the license from the admin user because we…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to have organizational information (organization name, first name, last name, postal address, telephone, etc) different from billing

Be able to have organizational information (organization name, first name, last name, postal address, telephone, etc) different from billing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable Calendar with MAPI Connection

Admin User wants to restrict user that they do not use Calendar in the Outlook Client.
    User can use Mail, People, and Calendar by connecting protocol “MAPI” in the Outlook Client.

It would be an ideal situation that Admin User can modify MAPI protocol to disable Calendar function in the Outlook Client.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to identify long email chains and notify the admins if an email chain is over a certain number of emails.

Be able to search for email chains that are longer than a certain number of emails between two people (internal and external). Have the ability to automatically notify an admin if an email chain violates a certain number of emails between two or more people (internal and external).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Obtaining audit log when creating role groups

After creating and editing a role group via Permissions in Security/Compliance Center, I cannot obtain the log by the search function from audit log.

Currently, it is possible to gain the audit log when I create role groups via Windows PowerShell. However, I need to view operation history records in case of the behavior might happen to run unexpectedly when I create and edit role groups via GUI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Stop telling your clients they cannot use Apple Products!

So, two weeks after my Apple software (Apple Calendar, Contacts and Mail) stopped sync'ing with our hosted Exchange Service, the Microsoft Concierge Tech basically tells me that it's just too bad. Microsoft Exchange AutoDiscover does not work on my account so it provides the wrong information to my software and so it won't work. My only choice is to move to MS Outlook as my client and I'm hosed as far as my iOS devices go. Zero help, Zero concern, Zero Zero Zero

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility to automate an 365 archive in a local pst in Outlook

The local archive option doesn't work really good and we need to archive a lot of mail in the 365 server to a local PST
    Because user doesn't have any space anymore

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are having difficulties with voice mail that will sometimes be moved to a user junk mail folder. I am looking for the most effective met

We are having difficulties with voice mail that will sometimes be moved to a user junk mail folder. I am looking for an effective method of regularly auditing our organizations junk mail for each mailbox to alert us if we have a voicemail that goes to junk mail. The voice mail are all attachments named "voicemail.wav".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to create Dynamic Distribution Group based on user email address

Ability to create Dynamic Distribution Group based on user email addresses.

Like G??*@domain.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. have a complain department instead of having a pool for ideas

I have a ticket opened for almost 1 year and your support is always throwing the ball at someone else support court, what a company that doe **** have a complain department?????????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. unlicensed global administrators need to have complete control or be informed when their action require a license.

we have our global admins unlicensed as a security measure, and when we tried to turn on "subscribe members" and "allow outside senders" with office 365 groups, and it threw error messages each time. i went to the exchange admin side and verified this was turned on, but on the microsoft 365 admin center it showed as off. it took 4 hours working with 2 different people at premier support to figure this out. there was also nothing in documentation anywhere which said this was a limitation. when i gave a global account a license, it showed up correctly on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Email Activity Reporting - "Data as of" column should be "Data up to"

This column is obviously mislabeled. This column should read "Data up to" or even "Data up to and including".

I don't know why I'm posting this here, it's a futile exercise like that old "suggestion box" that just gets emptied out in the bin at the end of each day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An administrator can know a single query what information (files, folders ... ) a user is sharing and the permissions on all the sites in a

An administrator can know a single query what information (files, folders ... ) a user is sharing and the permissions on all the sites in a site collection

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Send AS permission BUG

Getting the following error when I try to add a user to Send As group

Problem with the Mailbox - reported the issue to Microsoft error The ACL for object "CN=Customer Response,OU=dairygoldcloud.onmicrosoft.com,OU=Microsoft Exchange Hosted Organizations,DC=EURPR07A006,DC=PROD,DC=OUTLOOK,DC=COM" is not in canonical order (Deny/Allow/Inherited) and will be ignored.

Suspect its an issue with an unrecognised SID

We had the issue again last week and had to delete and recreate the mailbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base