Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Indicate Guest UserState ("Accepted" vs. "PendingAcceptance") in Teams

To identify which Guests have accepted invitations to their respective teams (and registered/created login/password accounts), Azure AD admin center has to be consulted. In Teams, registered & unregistered appear simply as Guest, but unregistered cannot participate in chats, share files, come to meetings through lobby, aren't copied on team-/channel-wide communications, etc. Make that distinction clearly apparent to the other team members, so they know what to expect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Register Teams as the chat app for Office (requires restarting Office applications) via admin portal

As we are not yet in a position to migrate fully into Teams only mode we would like to enable Register Teams as the chat app for Office (requires restarting Office applications) for all of our users to ease migration. However the registry changes prove to be ineffective and the only option we have is to make the change manually from the users settings which is not a good option. Will this control ever be available for the admin portal in the very near future?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Additional feature for Room/Equipment CalendarProcessing

For Room/Equipment mailboxes where AutoAccept is turned on, it would be handy if there was a way to modify the default handling of conflicts regarding recurring meetings. For instance, if someone sends a recurring meeting request and conflicts are detected, just book around the conflicts and notify the meeting organizer that they need to find another resource for the conflicting time slots. Current behavior rejects the entire recurring meeting series if a conflict is found.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add and remove user from groups on the members of tab in ECP

When a user is a member of multiple groups it takes a long time to add or remove them from these groups as you have to go to each group.

I propose + and - buttons on a user’s member of page to enable adding and removing cloud based groups quickly and easily.

There should be some kind of marker to indicate that a group is not cloud managed to make it stand out that it cannot be added to or removed from the user when the user is synced from on premises.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype meetings should end when pressing the Hang UP icon

Allowing external SKYPE communication using security groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Lync Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it Even Remotely Work!

Purchased Office 365 Business Premium alongside premium Dell desktop. Company Director - some IT knowledge ( a dangerous thing!) so not fully stupid.

New company started last week. Off 5 working days to date, 2.5 have been on the phone to MS re 365. Here goes:

Can't really tell if 365 installed
    Recurring 365 portal strangeness. White pages, can't get to admin, then can, then can't again
    Have myself as the one single user - after tech support managed to get Office suite 2016 installed and email working (hurray!)
    Needed to make an international call. Tried Skype for Business. Can't…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deleting Guest user

I noticed that we can only delete guest users one by one in Microsoft Teams Admin Center. Can you guys please improve it to delete multiple users at once? I am deleting almost 100 of them and I can forsee doing this in half an hour instead of a minute task. Sigh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One drive must have the ability to set tenant wide display settings for all users

One drive must have the ability to set tenant wide display settings for all users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. search-mailbox create replacement for command

Powershell MSOL - command search-mailbox has been removed so we don't have anymore an option to use it to empty a folder or deleted items from powershell or create automate scripts to cleanup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My domain name is being limited to 27 characters, which shortens my "onmicrosoft.com", sharepoint and one drive domain name by 6 characters

My domain name is being limited to 27 characters, which shortens my "onmicrosoft.com", sharepoint and one drive domain name by 6 characters

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make deactivated rules visible for administrators in "other user"

So in case of illness of the user, admin can activate e.g. email forwarding rules quickly and user can deactivate them by themselves when they return. Absence notice and E-Mail forwarding would be so in the same area.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. See support case ID 1434866565 - Complaint

Not an office 365 issue persay… but was directed here by your support team. Is regarding need to REBUY a product already installed and fine until YOUR/MS Updates corrupted the machine AGAIN!
    OH and look to make this I have to provide my account details and sign disclaimers signing my life history away YET AGAIN. What is it with you corporations. WHY DO YOU NEED ALL THIS DATA ON US to dissect and think you know us (rather then engaging and hearing us).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Disable the function of Non-owner mailbox access

Disable the function of Non-owner mailbox access

Although the function of Non-owner mailbox access brings benefit to administrators or designated users to access other mailboxes, but it also brings security concern to a corporate that administrators can hack into the users' mailboxes without permissions. If this function can be disabled, it may definitely improve the security of the email system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users phone details to filter through from their O365 account to their Sykpe for Business contact details

We have over a 100 users in O365 and we use dir sync with O365, we would like the users telephone numbers to filter through to their contact details in Skype for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Anonymize OneDrive for Business shared links

When sharing a OneDrive for Business link outside the organization (anonymous link), the URL exposes the SharePoint tenant name, and the user's account name. It should be possible to share files to the outside without exposing this information by anonymizing the link to the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Emails can't be sent to more than 1 recipient domain in the list if mentioend in To, CC or BCC field.

It is so that if there is yahoo.com and gmail.com in the list, an email can only be sent either of the recipients instead of both at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Licenses from Multi Vendors cant be identified

When you purchase Licenses from multiple Vendors, the Licenses is shown under the admin console as individual purchases, but when you click thru on the various licenses it just shows you ALL your vendors and not just the one which your purchased specific bundle from.

so when you have to cancel some of the subcriptions it is unclear which vendor you need to send the instructions to.

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Actions on inbox rules should show IP address in logs.

Actions on Inbox rules should show IP address in logs for breach tracking.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix Outlook "Include Results Only From" Feature in Menu

Based on what I've observed, the "Include Results Only From" feature located in Outlook > File > Options > Search, is broken. When selecting "all mailboxes" or "current mailbox" the default search location should change. This does not function at all (based on my experiences), I've tested this feature on multiple devices in different environments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. quarantine

Quarantine Retrieval speed should be improved. It is taking too long for end users as well as Global Admins to access the Quarantine. It averages around 3-5 minutes and in extreme cases up to 10 minutes for users to see their Quarantine emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base