Feedback by UserVoice

Office 365 Admin

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Welcome to the Office365 Admin UserVoice forum. If you’ve got ideas on how to improve the tenant admin features in the service, such as the Admin Console, Service Health Dashboard, and Message Center, you’ve come to the right place.

If you have feedback for SharePoint admin features, please submit your ideas here SharePoint Administration

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve the tenant admininistration features in Office 365!

Need Tech Support? Please see the Manage Office365 forum in the O365 Community.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. End users should be able to add Mailtips for themselves

It would be great if the End user wich is not an admin, can change his own Mailtip within a shared mailing list. That way you have internal dynamic notes in your organisation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Exchange Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't add anyone on our domain to a meeting if we don't use Exchange?!?!?!

We cannot currently add ANYONE to a Microsoft Teams meeting who's email is @ourdomain.com because we don't use Exchange for email. This is a bit ridiculous. We will never use Exchange and this has made using Teams a major pain. We have to add one of our personal email addresses to the Teams meeting, then forward that calendar invite to everyone on our team.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to be able to set "null" in the transport rule.

I want to be able to set "null" in the transport rule.

トランスポートルールで"null"を設定出来るようにして欲しい。

トランスポートルールの条件で、エンベロープに”null”を設定出来るようにして欲しい。

この要望はお客様の声に基づいています。

I want to be able to set "null" in the transport rule.

Please make it possible to set "null" to the envelope in the condition of the transport rule.

This request is based on customer's voice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tool to migrate Office 365 groups and content from one tenant to another.

Tool to migrate Office 365 groups and content from one tenant to another. We have acquired 3 companies in the last two years and have not been able to migrate quite a bit of data because of it. this includes Teams chat, notes, files, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How can we limit install of office 365 Business to only one device?

We want to control the number of devices on which a user can install his office 365 business.

We need to control this feature and allow this on request by users after getting approval.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Apps and App Launcher  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Power BI "Publish to web"-permission on user-level instead on tenant-level

Currently it is only possible to allow "Publish to Web" for PowerBI Reports on tenant Level (Tenant Settings). I would be great if this right could be set on a user-Level since some staff from Research is supposed to publish Reports for customers and Partners, however other staff is not supposed to be able to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Connectivity Analyzer support Modern Auth

Exchange Connectivity Analyzer should support modern auth. Currently sending Office 2013 User Agent String.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Export of external contacts in bulk

allow export of external contacts in O365 using csv file. Currently it is possible only through Power Shell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to be able to add users to groups at the time that I setup new users.

We would like to have a desktop alert for new in a shared email box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple 0365 Accounts

I would like to see the function to run several 0365 accounts on different domains, I am a teacher and work for several UK based ON lie platforms that al run 0365, every time i want to switch from one domain to another , i hve to sign out completely and sign back in again, sure there must be a beter way to quick view without the faff of signing out and signing in again

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. view email messages full screen on Mac

Whenever outlook is in full screen, the message window doesn't go in full screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add custom fields to invoices

We need to add more lines to our invoice for third party billing. We have customers we need to bill who are not the actual recipients of the service, but are responsible for paying the bill. We also need to add a custom field to accommodate purchase order numbers.
    In addition, we want yo be able to sent receipts to our customers via email when we register payment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Appalled at the sudden cut off with HTML MarkUp

Being able to render HTML easily in list views has been a mainstay of our entire business for years - in one fell swoop and with zero warning - whole swathes of my SharePoint business processes just no longer work - thanks Microsoft. Over the years I've been something of a SharePoint evangelist - but this has reversed years of good will. Very very upset.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SharePoint Admin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Access in app to admin training videos

It would be valuable to include in the Office 365 Admin app (or offer links to) training videos relevant to admins

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Updates to Data Privacy messages in Message Center should generate new mail notifications

Updates to Data Privacy messages in Message Center have not been generating new mail notifications. A mail notification is only sent when the initial Data Privacy message is created, but not upon updates. Updates to Data Privacy messages should generate new mail alerts so that customers can obtain the latest information related to these important events.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Message Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add a internal email from the tennant in the notifications instead of Office365Alerts@microsoft.com

We have a cliente with its own antispam

The notifications emails dont go out to external email.

When we set the notifications with an external email these alerts don't go out to internet. The reason is that the alerts use an accont from the domain @microsoft.com.

The Antispam of the client, receive these emails from an account of @microsoft.com but from the IP's of the tenant of the client instead the Microsoft.com IP's, so the antispam block these emails

I'd like to modify the email account for an internal email of the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the "Use anonymous identifiers instead of names in reports" setting trackable

In the Office 365 Admin Center under Settings - Add-Ins is a setting "Use anonymous identifiers instead of names in reports". This can only be set by Global Admins, but you cannot track (in Audit Log), whether someone changed this setting. From a GDPR point of view, it is necessary to be able to track this (Art.5 /1/2 + Art. 32/1/a GDPR). Especially in Germany this is also important for Works Councils, as Office 365 is subject to co-determination, ans a Works Council will not allow the use of personal identifiable information in reports, that have a statistical purpose only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get your act together on updating trial to subscription

We signed up for a trial. Converted to a subscription and are using. Are getting error messages from trial and having some access problems. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't keep trying to AutoUpdate old discontinue applications

I use the latest version of Office for Mac, but I keep a copy of Office 2011 because the latest versions have poor backward compatibility. Thus, an old PowerPoint file with equations shows boxes with a red cross in the new version. That would be fine, but MS AutoUpdate keeps wanting to replace Microsoft Powerpoint 14.7.2 with ... 14.7.2. It shows it as Up To Date, installed Mar 15, 2017, but keeps wanting to update it. I don't wish to turn off AutoUpdate for all other applications, just that one. I called MS Helpline, and the chap there insisted it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base